Enochian Magick

smw

SPECIAL EVENT in London: An Evening of Enochian Magick with David Shoemaker

Coming October 4, 2016 to London England!

An Evening of Enochian Magick with David Shoemaker

The system of Enochian magick, developed by John Dee and Edward Kelley in the late 1500s, has fascinated magicians across the centuries. In this stimulating and interactive workshop, noted magician and teacher Dr. David Shoemaker will lead participants through the practical steps necessary to work with two important aspects of the Enochian system: The Elemental Tablets, and the Thirty Aethyrs. Attendees will be able to participate in an actual “scrying” session to obtain their own visions of these astral realms, with plenty of time for questions and other discussion.

http://livingthelema.com/upcoming-appearances/

I thought I would put this up for anyone that might be interested. Tickets are £25 donation.I have just bought one.

Zephyros

Wow. This should be really special. He not only knows his stuff but he's also a great teacher, too. I listened to his podcasts.

Be sure to update us on how it went!

foolMoon

Sounds like an exciting event. I wish I was in London, seems to have a lot more exciting stuff happening in Occult, Magick and Divination events and gatherings down there.

Unfortunately I am not sure where I will be working around that time as travels are unpredictable in my job.

But I look forward to reading and hearing about how it went. :)

smw

Wow. This should be really special. He not only knows his stuff but he's also a great teacher, too. I listened to his podcasts.

Be sure to update us on how it went!

I know I am so excited! he is great, and exploring the Enochian Aethyrs too..I had to get out of bed last night to buy a ticket and then I couldn't sleep. I hope I get a seat next to friendly people, I'm such a wuss I wouldn't normally go to something on my own.

smw

Sounds like an exciting event. I wish I was in London, seems to have a lot more exciting stuff happening in Occult, Magick and Divination events and gatherings down there.

Unfortunately I am not sure where I will be working around that time as travels are unpredictable in my job.

But I look forward to reading and hearing about how it went. :)

It's a shame you can't make it, I think it is going to be really interesting. Though it is a week night too, which is awkward for travelling if you have far to come. I'll have to leave a bit early to catch the last train home. I'd like to stay at the hotel but that would make it another £155-200.

I'll fill you in :) I have got five months to practice scrying, otherwise I'll have to be inventive :laugh:

foolMoon

It's a shame you can't make it, I think it is going to be really interesting. Though it is a week night too, which is awkward for travelling if you have far to come. I'll have to leave a bit early to catch the last train home. I'd like to stay at the hotel but that would make it another £155-200.

I'll fill you in :) I have got five months to practice scrying, otherwise I'll have to be inventive :laugh:

Wow sounds even more exciting :) well you never know. I might win the lotto, retire and be there lol.

I tried scrying last year with help of the books, but it didn't quite work for me. I gave up, but maybe could try again.

Please do. October is still some time to come. :)

smw

I tried scrying last year with help of the books, but it didn't quite work for me. I gave up, but maybe could try again.

I'm thinking of looking into self hypnosis techniques to get into that sleepy kind of mind set to help bring up spontaneous images, like you can get sometimes just before falling asleep. I saw an interesting one a few weeks ago - a thin metal faced man moving around me with fire shooting out of his eyes :laugh:

foolMoon

I'm thinking of looking into self hypnosis techniques to get into that sleepy kind of mind set to help bring up spontaneous images, like you can get sometimes just before falling asleep. I saw an interesting one a few weeks ago - a thin metal faced man moving around me with fire shooting out of his eyes :laugh:

Could it have been the man in the Chariot card from Thoth deck? :D
Come to think of it, for the topics like Enchian magick and scrying, one would need different state of consciousness from normal mundane state of mind, which sounds ideal from self hypnosis technique. Well done smw.:)

smw

:laugh: nope, I don't think so, he looks calm and sedate with a biggish build, rather than being thin and fiery.

Come to think of it, for the topics like Enchian magick and scrying, one would need different state of consciousness from normal mundane state of mind, which sounds ideal from self hypnosis technique. Well done smw.:)

Well, thank you Foolmoon for the nice flattery

ravenest

I find the 'Enochian Trance' different from 'scrying' , normal conscious and hypnotism ( which one should forget , unless one has a problem such an addiction or bad emotional state that cant be beaten, and then only with a very reliable person ) .

Then again it may have been the way we did it, which was a variation. I found the 'babbel' (the Enochian calls themselves) very effective to induce this, combined with the strong visual images of the 'squares' ( I have not worked with the aethyrs much ) . Then again, then again, it could have been due to my direct connection with the tools used (I spent 90 hours painting those squares. )