any thoughts on 'science'?

BrightEye

Ross G Caldwell said:
I guess I agree with those who have said "talking". But make sure you know why you want to say what you have to say, and also plan in case things don't go your way in the imagined conversation(s). That's the message of the 6 of swords.

But the 3 of Wands is a demanding card; you have to be honest, to feel you are right, to have courage; you have to want to do it.
I guess I've been there before and tried it and it didn't work - despite the courage, which left me right in the middle of it and I didn't get to say what I wanted to. I'm not sure whether I should try again.

The heart of the matter as you called it are also matters of the heart. I don't know what the rose and the cross mean but looking at the card intuitively they are what's important to me. Nice image, the 6 of Swords.

Thanks Ross. Yes, your comments helped.

Kahlie

BrightEye said:
May I ask what makes you think that?

I think I give her plenty of time/opportunity for input.

Because, although most people think Wands are fast cards, the Three of Wands seems to indicate a long term project in conjunction with those Sword Cards to me.

Kahlie

Dean

BrightEye said:
I don't know what the rose and the cross mean but looking at the card intuitively they are what's important to me. Nice image, the 6 of swords.

What i've learned from the books i have read the golden rosy cross represents the Heart, the six small swords behind are stabilizing the big centred cross so that the balance can continue in harmony.

Most people see this card as the heart of the matter, as in using solutions and insights to resolve problems.

BrightEye

more on the rosecross (sorry long)

I would have let the matter rest there as all your comments were so insightful, but then last night I dreamt about the rosecross. In the dream I was looking through a pile of photographs. They were supposed to be showing the funeral of someone’s husband - someone who in the dream was my mother’s friend. I didn’t want to see the picture of the dead man in the coffin so I lingered over the other photos that showed me as a little girl on a summer holiday. In one picture I was in a field beside the rosecross. The wheat was growing in the form of the cross. (I sense the Demeter/ Persephone theme here that’s been so important to me recently).

As I figured this was a message I did a reading this morning asking what I was supposed to figure out. I came up with a spread in the form of the cross in the 6/Swords. I put ‘Science’ in the middle (where the rose is):

3.......Science......4

1 and 2 = issues leading up to science
3 and 4 = how to resolve it
5 = final outcome

1: 5 of Disks (worry)
This (me and her) is an issue I’ve been mulling over in my mind for quite a while, worrying it like a dog with a bone.

2: Art
I’m looking to resolve sth, an inner tension. Only when that is resolved can I resolve the issue between me and her. I’ve had this card come up frequently recently. I’m getting the feeling it has to do with my sexuality.

3: Universe
I have to come to a conclusion about this matter, make up my mind how I want to live.

4: Chariot
And then make a move, make a decision and carry it out.

5: Adjustment
Once I’ve worked through all that I’ll find my inner centre.

Coming back to my original question, I think the reason why I feel there is a lack of trust is because I don’t know what I want. She is not going to share anything with me until I’ve made peace with myself. She can probably tell I have unresolved issues.

Since this is really important to me, I’d appreciate comments on the reading and say thanks in advance.

Knightward

I dug the cards in your above spread out of my deck and recreated it.

Some themes I have noticed.

The Five of Disks, does indicate worry, but is also indicative of Mercuary in Taurus. Going with what you where saying, this is probably signifying that is has taken you a long time to reach a decision, as well as you've been concerned that those decisions may upset the stability you already have.

Art, is a card of blending, but also of communication - this is shown as Art's symbol is that of Saggertarius, a sign which deals with communication and seeing the larger picture - so to speak. Thus, it could be you've been worried, but have finally decided on a course of action because you are now aware how it fits into the larger picture as a whole and can now persue that aspect.

The Universe and The Chariot are how to resolve your issues. So I am looking at these cards two ways - You want to be successful (Universe) but to do that you need the Drive (Chariot). I am pretty sure this is the angle you looked at. The other angle, is both cards combined is Saturn in Cancer. This could indicate a need for responsable decisions in reguards to your domestic situation, or a unlaying issue that you require a safe, secure home situation, rather then being at odds with yourself and someone else.

The Final Outcome is Adjustment, which is also the Sign of Libra. Things will balance out at some point. Libra rules relationships and is a soical sign. I think Adjusment in this case however, is showing that there needs to be adjusment made to balance the scales in that relationship.

It is worth noting, that since this was on Science, the Six of Swords (which also shows Mercuary in Aquarius) the entire spread except for cards 3 and 4 indicate communication on some level. The diferance is, you may have gone from the 5 of Disks, and picked a path for yourself, and now your stuck in the Six of Swords, which - being Swords (indicating Logical Thought) and Aquarious (a fixed sign), may mean since the swords are pointed inward - over-thinking the matter.

Clearly however, communication is key, and since to communicate something requires some one recieve that comminucation, automatically indicates another person, or persons. So while you have thought and worried about this and tried to see the larger picture - only by taking control (Chairot) and Responsability (Universe) will you see any impact (Adjustment) from all the worry, planning and thoughts you've had on this topic.

------

As to your orignal reading in the first post. Adjustment could indicate the need to balance the thinking side of yourself with the Action side (Mercuary in Aquarius with Sun in Aries). All thinking makes you unable to move. All action indicates undirected thoughts. Only by having a balanced perspective can one obtain Balance (IE - you need to balance your scales, which will take Adjustment).

-Fenier

BrightEye

Knightward said:
Clearly however, communication is key, and since to communicate something requires some one recieve that comminucation, automatically indicates another person, or persons. So while you have thought and worried about this and tried to see the larger picture - only by taking control (Chairot) and Responsability (Universe) will you see any impact (Adjustment) from all the worry, planning and thoughts you've had on this topic.
Thanks for the detailed response. It's much appreciated.

I'm not exactly sure how to communicate or what to communicate really. I've tried communication before and it all went wrong and I didn't get a response other than 'I don't want to respond', which I thought was because of lack of trust.

But perhaps communication means I have to communicate this to someone, not necessarily the person in question, which I'm doing and which is helping to clarify things for me. Could that be possible?

Knightward

Commincation is two way insofar as it requires someone to be listening.

If you talk, and they listen - then communcation was successful. This is differant from having an converstion - which is several round of communication back and forth.

It could be the person in question is not ready to hear what youhave to say, but this does not mean you need to place your life on hold.

Example: I am dating this woman. I am sorry if you do not like her, but it is really not your concern.

This communicates that you have made a choice, and places the next move back on whoever you where speaking to. Once you've said your piece, you can't really go beyond that without some form of reply. "I don't want to respond" doesn't work well. I am unsure what your situation is - but basically all choices can come down to the following:

You can accept this, and we can move on

Or

You can not accept this, and we can be done talking until you can.

It does sound like a ultimatium. Ideally things will not go that far, but until you reach some form of compermise (adjustment) you are effectivly blocked from progression as a person as long as you let this hold you back.

Now communication could mean your discussing it vaguly here on the forums. It could be confiding in a friend you know personally. However going back to your first spread in post one, you are still seeming to be stuck in the 6 of Swords mode. Your not actually putting anything into Action.

If you are feeling blocked, unable to move - then something will give at some point. Either they will be open to discussion, or you will get frusterated enough to "go it alone" so to speak. I know some very patiant people, but even the longest lasting person will cave in eventually when unhappy.

I am not trying to give advice, so please do not take it as such, I don't know enough to make whatever advice I could give viable.

I do think it worth mentioning however, you have done two spreads now in which two cards indicative of Action (Three of Wands, The Chairot) have appeared. If you have not addressed that side of your readings and are locked on the mental side would be missing an important aspect.

Looking at the cards, it sound seem to suggest that you need to reach a decision point, and then put that decision into action to be happy and reach the Adjustment you seek. I could be totally off base here however.

I also would like to point out, that you did not see any cards indicative of more externailzed conflict, such as 5 of Wands, 10 of Swords, etc. It seems your conflict is internal (as shown by the 6 of Swords all pointing inward) so that your scales are currently not balanced.

I am really not sure if this helped at all. I have tried to come across as non-judgmenetal. I am sorry if I failed I either respect.

-Fenier

BrightEye

Yes, internal conflict is very much what this is all about. Thanks for your comments and yes they do help. I'm grateful for any feedback. On my own I'd just be going round in circles. And no you are not overstepping any mark.

I did draw two extra cards this morning to be placed in the centre across the 6 of Swords, but at the time they didn't make any sense. I had the feeling I wasn't supposed to ask, but I'll give them here anyway. I asked 'what then is the heart of the matter' (the rosecross) and I got 7 of Disks (Failure, fear of failure? I've failed once before) and the Prince of Wands, which I read as I have to control my passionate emotions as they are the ones disturbing the communication I think/fear.

Perhaps it's these fears I have to overcome. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

I have actually started talking to a friend of mine about it, so I have actually taken some action, perhaps not the right kind though.

Knightward

The Seven of Disks, according to the Book of Thoth is showing Blight. The background, which represents vegatation is spoiled. The book refers to this as: Bad Money.

The Saturn in Taurus placement is indicative of someone who needs to have security in their money. They need to know where it is coming from to feel secure and at peace. It also is indicative of responably handling of money. In the picture, the source of money, is now gone. It spoiled and thus is showing Failure to fullfill the needs of the Saturn in Taurus placement.

The book goes on to say that the Seven of Disks reflects no effort, the stake has been thrown down and it is lost. Labor is abandoned.

The Prince of Wands in another card which the Book discusses in detail, but one line struck me as relating to your position, that line is the following:

"He is infact very slow to make up his mind thoughtly on any subject, but always sees both sides of every question"

Thusly, the heart of the matter, could be in how you are seeing yourself.

You mentioned you have failed once before. If no action has been untaken since that time, you may still be stuck in the mindset of viewing yourself as a failure, or that the situation is hopless, so are not trying to rectify it. (Your current battle seens internal, which is important, but doesn't fix a given situation without external action). It stands to reason you will nto feel better about a situation by doing nothing. No closure can be achived that way.

As for the Prince, it may be reflective of yourself, or the person who you have viewed yourself as failing with. According to the Book of Thoth the Prince takes place from last 9 degrees of Cancer to the 20th deree in Leo. Personally, I fiew Princes as mutable signs so reject that perticular assignment. One of the lines from BoT which struck me in relation to this card was "He always fights against odds, and always wins in the long - very long run."

I feel it is important to note here, that alot of your minor cards are coming up in fixed sign placements - Aquarius and Taurus. This may mean your situation will drag out longer then you hope for until the cards show faster moving events.

It is also worth mentioning that The Prince of Wands and The Chairot have a common link. That is the Chairot itself in both cards. It could be hinting that to channel the engery of the Chairot correctly, you need to become the Prince of Wands.

-Fenier

BrightEye

Knightward, you've been a great help. Thanks.

When I was reading the description on the Prince of Wands in the Book of Thoth, I picked up on exactly the same passages that you quoted and thought 'that's me'.

Interesting, this aspect of the fixed signs. I wouldn't have noticed that myself. That's why I'm a member of AT - more brains!

Your comments really opened my eyes. I'm still stuck where I used to be and only thought I had moved on.

I really don't want to go on about this because I think we'll argue it to death, but it might be interesting to mention. I asked the cards how I should act then. I got the Princess of Swords with whom the whole journey into the Thoth began, in that first dream she was the first one I saw. She seems like a rebel spirit, someone who 'follows their own bent' and refuses to be dominated. I used to be like that but have lost those qualities since. What you wrote in the post on the orphic egg I think applies here: unlearning old ways of seeing. Also again communication - even aggression - swords.

I also drew a few cards asking what she wants, although I'm inclined to think I'm projecting. The one that struck me was the 4 of Wands (tact and gentleness are mentioned again here) because it leads on from the 3 of Wands in my original post - completing what I've started with my first attempt - and because of this I think I'm projecting.

Thanks again, BrightEye