Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Descriptions - General Discussion

Sheri

Case Studies #1 and #2 are in Separate Thread

Hi everyone,

The Case Studies #1 and #2 thread is here.

Carry on :)

valeria

Sylvie Steinbach

Very Important!

You can now study at your own pace within the group that fit your level: start with cases #1 and 2. I have all the threads on alert so I will me monitoring all levels. PM in case you have a personal issue.

Thanks

Sylvie Steinbach

faunabay

I had PM'd Sylvie with a question about being drained more when reading with the lenormand decks vs. tarot or other oracles. She told me this was a pretty common occurance and I might want to post about this so others could talk about it too!!

I've just noticed that reading with lenormand decks I get much more drained and "out of it". But I'm not doing any rituals because I never have had to with tarot or other oracles before. I think I might have to start when reading with the lenormand though. :) She told me it was more noticeable when doing the no lay out spread because it's not structured in the normal sense so your psychic abilities are given more freedom.

Has anyone else noticed a difference with the lenormand vs. tarot???

Astraea

Hi faunabay. The Lenormand is so different from tarot that I've made a conscious effort to approach it in an easy-going manner; otherwise, I think it would be very draining indeed. The cards seem to lend themselves to a more direct and personal approach than tarot (again, only speaking for myself), and I've realized that in order to maintain this sense of the deck, I need to treat it more as a friend and less as a system; that way, my interest stays piqued and I'm open enough to it that the tension of learning doesn't make me rigid. I certainly know what you're talking about.

Read

Energy Draining

faunabay said:
I had PM'd Sylvie with a question about being drained more when reading with the lenormand decks vs. tarot or other oracles. She told me this was a pretty common occurance and I might want to post about this so others could talk about it too!!

I've just noticed that reading with lenormand decks I get much more drained and "out of it". But I'm not doing any rituals because I never have had to with tarot or other oracles before. I think I might have to start when reading with the lenormand though. :) She told me it was more noticeable when doing the no lay out spread because it's not structured in the normal sense so your psychic abilities are given more freedom.

Has anyone else noticed a difference with the lenormand vs. tarot???

Actually, no, I have not found this to be the case with me at all. In fact, it so less draining that tarot for me that I don't even use tarot any more. I recently had 4 private readings on Friday, pretty much one right after the other, and did not feel wiped out like I used to be with tarot. It may be that I am a strong vibrational match to these cards and to Sylvie's system. I also have been doing this "no layout" method for a number of years, so it seems very natural to me rather than using a variety of structured layouts.

Astraea

The Lenormand feels like a wise aunt to me, whereas the tarot can be an inscrutable headmaster. It's often easier to learn big lessons at the knee of one's aunt than sitting in a classroom wondering if you did the algebra right -- I think "efforting" is where the sense of drainage comes in, the feeling that one has to learn everything all at once.

I've only been exploring the Lenormand for a couple of years, and right off the bat I had to make a conscious decision to go at the pace of my own understanding, rather than setting goals and insisting my rhythm match them. This has made all the difference in whether I feel energized by reading, or depleted and disappointed. I will always honor tarot, but with the Lenormand it was love at first sight and I didn't want to spoil it by applying the rigor that I sometimes feel tarot demands.

I don't know if Faunabay is talking about the same kind of phenomenon, but if so maybe just deciding to slow down and enjoy the scenery might stop the energy drain. For me, adding rituals would complicate a situation that might actually respond better to a light touch and gentle humor.

Gavriela

I find them to be pretty informal, too. There are times when I don't have a lot of energy to do a full 36 card reading at once (so I print out the reading and meditate in the tub, or whatever, and don't rush).

Now, I've not used Sylvie's method, but I think anyone who works with Lenormand for a long time comes up with their own methods, and it's not that difficult. For predictive work, it is indeed easier than tarot, but remember that this is not tarot. Lenormand is a much more straightforward 'language'. One word (symbol) per card, though of course the words can be combined in a myriad of ways. So get to know the language a bit, play with it, and follow whatever Sylvie's teaching you.

I guarantee that sooner or later (and probably sooner) you're going to get some 'hits' so direct that it starts making a great deal of sense - and it's not especially wearing.

faunabay

I think my biggest problem with getting drained is I love it sooo much that I want to learn everything RIGHT NOW :) and do bunches of reading right in a row! **LOL**

I'm concentrating so much on getting it right - Astraea :D - that might be one of the reasons why I'm getting drained as much as I am right now.

I am going to slow down, go at my own pace, and see what I see! Take things at face value and talk to the lenormand. It already feels like a friend. I need to treat it as such! :*

faunabay

Gavriela said:
I guarantee that sooner or later (and probably sooner) you're going to get some 'hits' so direct that it starts making a great deal of sense - and it's not especially wearing.

This has already happened!! That's what makes me sooo excited with this deck! At least for right now I'm using the lenormand and not picking up my tarot much at all. Don't get me wrong - I'm not giving up my tarot *LOL* but am just loving the lenormand - specifically for this directness and specific information!

WolfyJames

I got your book today Sylvie and it's really really good. I made a love reading to get more informations on a future boyfriend and the card 28 came out as the 32th card (I'm female). Is that normal? I doubt it. I usually do not have problems picking cards, it's the interpretations that may confuse me. Are the cards good?