Faery Oracle

Spasticgirlie

I just bought Faery Oracle yesterday and it seems a little difficult for me to understand. Actually I have asked it one question and the answer did turn out. I pretty much knew the answer but I wanted to make sure that I had it right. As I read through the book though it said that I had to learn to listen to the faery. I dont actually know how to learn how to do this. And I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or had worked with this oracle before and could help me out. I would greatly appreciate it if someone would.

Rhiannon

Are you talking about Brian Froud's Faeries' Oracle? A few of us have this deck. We are currently working throught the exercises in the book. Check out the threads listed under "Study Groups". So far we have worked through the Favorite, Least Favorite and Universal cards, but you are more than welcome to join in with those posts. It's always interesting and fun to hear people's opinions!

Rhiannon :)

joya250

hey spasticgirlie, :)

I too just got my Farey Oracle! at first I approched the cards, as I did the tarot... with a more serious, studious mind... and started shuffling and organizing the cards into piles and such... and I was kinda having a hard time of it...

then, I realized... that instead of viewing the cards as tools, I should be viewing them as toys! And, as I started to recall the joy of playing (sounds cliche, but that's how I felt!) the world of farey just opened up! and the other night, I sprawled out on my bed with my kitties, my cards and a glass of wine --- and we had a grand ol' time.

really, as Brian Froud writes in his book, fairies are not seen by the eyes, but with the heart! :)

good luck, have fun, and keep an open mind! (and keep us posted!)

- joya

Spasticgirlie

I just got myself a dragon tarot deck and I find that I get a long much better with the faeries than I do the dragons. I just feel more comfortable using my faery oracle. I dont know why but I do. Maybe it is because I have had them longer but I dont know. Oh well.