Anna K. Study - Queen of Swords

Marirowana

We are surrounded by a snowy landscape. It is winter, the world is frozen, the oaks in the background are carrying the heavy weight of the snow on their branches. The sky is depressingly grey.

The queen has a pale face, and black hair. A special combination. Her dark brown eyes are looking a bit sad, slightly angry maybe, or just resolute. She is wearing a blue dress under a red cloak, with white fur. The pattern of small circles are pulling my attention. On her necklace, earrings, on top of her crown. This is also coming back on her coat and the tips of the sword handle. They remind me of the full moon, especially her necklace. This shows her warmer, feminine energy.

In her hands, an elegant sword, pointing in the sky. She holds the sword on the handle in her right hand, but with her left hand she holds the blade. She is hurting herself with her own sword. The sword stands for power and rationality. So in a way, these are hurtfull things in her life, but she knows she needs to be this way in order to feel complete and survive.

The Queen/Swords is often seen as a woman with grief or pain. She is an intellectual, perceptive and organized woman. This is not the time for compassion, use independent judgement instead. Make sure you will be able to stand on your own legs, you might not get the support from others you expected – but that’s fine, because you are strong now!

The snow makes a lot of sense to me in this card. Water is the element of emotions. The queen sees her emotions and feelings as something that gets in the way of an independent view on the world, so she ‘freezes’ them. All the water around her is frozen.
Do you know that silence in the streets, that silence only the snow can create? You can hear every whisper, every snowflake, every step makes a nice crispy sound. Empty your mind like this, make your emotions silent for a minute, be receptive. Just make sure you don’t slip on the ice!

The colder it is, the more you need your inner fire and warmth, so keep it burning!

(index)

Attachments

• QueenSwords.jpg
    QueenSwords.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 118