Anna K. Study - Knight of Swords

Marirowana

It is nighttime - or is the sky so dark because of the smoke from the fire? All my attention is drawn to the burning building on the background. It can't be saved anymore, even the tree next to it turned into a living torch. On the foreground, we see a knight, the Knight of Swords. In his sword we see the reflections of the burning house, like bloodstains. To me, it shows that the knight is the instigator, the fire is still sticking on his sword.

On his face is a lot of tension, maybe a scream, most of his face is invisible because of his helmet. The main colour of his clothes is purple, interesting, to me purple is the colour of intuition. Not exactly the first thing that comes to mind with the knight/swords.

The general atmosphere in this card is very grim. You might end up in an argument with someone, but it won’t be more than some sharp words – your word is your sword. The positive side of this, is that it will clear the sky as a thunderstorm after a hot day! Burn your ships and start over, the smoke caused by the fire will purify the whole space around you. After you did this, you will be able to turn your back to it- like the Knight/Swords here. I think it looks like the knight is walking away from the fire. Also, he is standing between us, the viewers, and the danger. Someone might want to protect you, and is ready to make sacrifices for you.

Again, there is a lot of movement in this card. Things are going to move, but it will be a bit tumultuous. You are on the roll, chasing your goals, nothing can stop you – but be careful that you don’t loose the long-term effects of your actions out of sight.

Index

Attachments

• KnightSwords.jpg
    KnightSwords.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 102

Harperhaven

This is another one of the few Anna K cards that don't do much for me. I still want my knights on a horse!

But this card does give me some sense of the nature of this Knight. He acts rashly without thinking of the consequences. Here he almost looks horrified at the destruction he has brought about.

flipperjane

I agree - i don't think of intuition with this Knight - but I do think of insight. Like the rest of his suit he is a thinker - at this stage still a little rash however, hence the burning building. His King would have found a better way.
I think this cards does sum up rather well other aspects of this Knight's character - he's very direct, 'takes no prisoners', throws himself in and considers the consequences later. He could be a mercenary? I don't think you'd want to stand in his way or have an argument with him.

dominiquep

I agree that this card looks pretty grim. But I'd also like to think that the knight could be interpreted as the hero OR the villain here. Maybe the knight is the one who burnt the house. But, if we view the card differently, perhaps he's the hero getting ready to battle the real culprit? Either way, certainly a violent card.

I do think the Knight of Swords in this card represents someone with the potential to be very destructive, either emotionally or physically. He is someone you would probably rather have on your side. If you make him your enemy you might find yourself meeting the edge of his blade...