21 ways - Study Group - Discussion thread

dadsnook2000

Vacation time

I'll be on vacation until the end of the month. We're taking the grandchildren to Walt Disney World. If anyone is impatient for the next Adept Level step, they can go ahead with it and I'll catch up later. Dave

dadsnook2000

I've been away from the list

For all list participants . . .
Our family has experienced a number of crises-events that have disrupted many of our routines. Stress levels have been high and had started to show up in my postings on the astrology forum. I could not concentrate on our studies here on the 21 Ways lists and was not going to be able to help others.

At this point several problem areas look like they'll continue for a bit, yet some things may calm down. I don't know how/when I'll be able to continue, but if others would like to continue with the 21 Ways studies and some related areas of study once things settle down please post to this thread with your thoughts.

Thanks to all who have contacted me and who have been so supportive. Dave

Willower

Hi everyone!

Hi to all,
I just thought I'd announce myself here (as much to motivate myself as anything), to say that I'm attempting my way through the 21 Ways!

I'll be working with the Chariot from the Fey Tarot. I started looking at Mary Greer's Tarot for Yourself just before opening 21 Ways, and my Personality and Soul cards both came out as the Chariot. Then I did a daily draw (with a different deck), and it came out as the Chariot again! Finally, I went back to the Fey to choose my card for the 21 Ways and out popped the Chariot as one of my three, so I decided it obviously has something to teach me and was practically shouting to get my attention!

PS Dadsnook, I hope all your family crises work out for the best, whatever that is.

Sarah

WhiteRaven

I will be joining this group sometime this week. However, I will be starting from the very beginning here. I hope that this doesn't screw things up for those that are much further ahead.

dadsnook2000

Welcome

Welcome, you can start the next wave of tarot enthusiasts who are intrigued by this wonderful teaching tool. Actually, its an EXPERIENCE tool because we all have put so much of ourselves into it that we actually get to go through a bit of a transformative process. As I look back through the threads of those of us who did start early on, I'm surprised to see how much our understanding and feeling for these cards has changed.

"Increased" is not the right word for this "change" as I don't think it conveys the spirit of what we now sense in the cards. There is a sort of "enlargement" that we find for ourselves, as if we can see deeper, we can see what happened just before the card-scene and what may happen shortly after, we can see the context for the key figure(s) in the card, we can sense their alternatives and fears and hopes. It's really really strange, but it is gift. I can't say how well we will objectively use this added sense of the tarot, but I can subjectively say that I expect we have long ago sensed the change of perspective and self confidence that has come with it.

So, again, welcome. And to others who are considering this path, do join in. All of us go back and follow the paths of those following us. Dave

Jewel

WhiteRaven,

Welcome to the 21 Ways Study Group. I think Dave really summed up what it is like. It is a transfromative experience both on a personal level and a tarot level. A very beautiful journey. Coyoteblack and I did the apprentice level with the Star card from our respective decks (he used the Tarot of Dreams Star, I used the Fantastic Menagerie Star). I will really look forward to following your journey as you are also using a Star card.

Glad to have you with us! As Dave said, we are always around and about, and really enjoy following the work of those of you staring your journey now. If we can ever be of any assitance to you please do not hesitate to ask us.

WhiteRaven

Thank you, Jewel and David for making me feel welcomed into the group. I just received the book yesterday. :) I look forward to continuing the journey. I have heard nothing but good about this book, and the group that is going through it.

Thanks again...I'm sure I will have questions while I'm doing this.

Jewel said:
WhiteRaven,

Welcome to the 21 Ways Study Group. I think Dave really summed up what it is like. It is a transfromative experience both on a personal level and a tarot level. A very beautiful journey. Coyoteblack and I did the apprentice level with the Star card from our respective decks (he used the Tarot of Dreams Star, I used the Fantastic Menagerie Star). I will really look forward to following your journey as you are also using a Star card.

Glad to have you with us! As Dave said, we are always around and about, and really enjoy following the work of those of you staring your journey now. If we can ever be of any assitance to you please do not hesitate to ask us.

DreamWalker

Hi Everyone! Thought I would wake this Thread up!

I would like to join... I bought the book some weeks ago and I pick it up and tinker with it.. My first experience with gave me a wave of excitement and I think this will be a great tool for me upon my tarot path...

I am not sure where to start... I guess I'll go investigate beyond the 'discussion' thread...

There is part of me that feels confident enough to step right into the Adept level and another part of me that is begging to begin at the apprentice level for the FULL experience!

I think I'll listen to that part... The patient part.. the part of myself that craves the deepest experience so I may better serve my querents...

Well, there! easily figured out...

So, hello everyone! My name is Spirit, but I go by DreamWalker in the forum... Don't ask me why I chose a different name.. Everytime I sign off with Dreamwalker or DW, it feels odd.. but until I have the $5 to change it, so be it! lol

Ok, enough babbling... Onto step 1 adept level to commit myself... :D

Being present while looking forward to the future!
~Spirit
aka dreamwalker

Jewel

Welcome to the Study Group Spirit! Glad to have you with us.

I would highly recommend starting with the Apprentice Level, there is much more there to discover than you can even begin to imagine. This book takes you on a personal journey with your card an deck. Some exercises build on previous ones, and some adept level steps build on exercises you do at the apprentice level. It is really worth the time and effort, and both you and your querents will benefit from your experience with this book.

I'll bump up the first thread for you. To find the older threads, go to the study group index. We are the last study group on the list (as of now). When you click that open it will give you an index of all the threads for this study group.

DreamWalker

Thanks Jewel!

and OOOPS, I noticed that I said I was going to step 1 ADEPT level to commit myself... (sound like I'm going to the johnson unit or something! haha) but I meant to say that I am going to step 1 APPRENTICE level...

I actually am considering doing them together, like........

step 1 - apprentice
step 1 - adept
step 2 - apprentice
step 2 - adept
and on and on

I noticed that last night when I got to step 2, I wanted to continue on with the adept aspect... It felt natural...

What do you think about that?

If I was new to tarot I might suggest myself against it, but as I'm not new I think I should be ok doing it that way... I would look for opinion here...

(although I am new to some of these steps - especially the story telling part - as I never realized how powerful that can be!)

Ok, I'm off to describe the card I picked... :)

Thanks again!