Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

Essjay

The UK are ordering en-masse!

:)

Templar Girl

Hi
I'm in the UK and pre-ordered. I know my copy is on route to the UK, got a feeling, maybe, in the next day or so. Pretty, pretty please.
Will post when it arrives.
TG

Erzebet

I thought I would ask if anyone else's bag won't stay closed? As soon as I pull it closed and tightly, it slides right open again! :( I was carrying it my book bag and the cards would slide right out, luckily none got damaged. I just put the deck in another bag. Anyone else have this sme problem or is it only my bag?

I am really enjoying working with and getting to know these 78 "friends" :)

retrokat

Erzebet said:
I thought I would ask if anyone else's bag won't stay closed? As soon as I pull it closed and tightly, it slides right open again! :( I was carrying it my book bag and the cards would slide right out, luckily none got damaged. I just put the deck in another bag. Anyone else have this sme problem or is it only my bag?

Um, you are tying it closed? You're meant to tie it in a bow. Ditto with the Touchstone Talisman if you want to wear that. We kept all the construction as simple as possible.

HearthCricket

Erzebet said:

I am really enjoying working with and getting to know these 78 "friends" :)

My suede bag closes very nicely, though a bit narrower than my velvet one and trickier to get the cards in. My velvet ones keeps wanting to pop open because the pretty ribbon across the top is thick. The more you use it the softer and more flexible it becomes, so yes, tie the strings together to keep it tight. :) Lovely deck, isn't it?

All Is One

HeathCricket...did you get a suede bag and a velvet one both? Assuming that you ordered two decks, so some of the bags are suede?

I really love my black velvet bag with the red lining (yes, the tag is cool) and I do tie it in a bow. It is perfectly made for that.

I own some very luxurious bags of brocade and very thick cord that don't stay closed that well and don't give you enough cord to tie in a bow. They are only used for the decks I keep lying on my bookshelf. They are nice bags, just could use a longer cord!

Try the bow and let us know how you like the results :~)

Erzebet

Well I feel like a complete dunce! I was thinking it was like my bags from Tarot Totes and you just pulled it closed! *blush*

I feel really stupid now, I'll get the bag back out and TIE it closed!

I have a coffee brown suede bag with a fancy embellished ribbon trim, gold satin lining. It's a beautiful bag and now I'm very happy I can use it LOL. I got 2 decks but the 2nd one was a gift for a friend, she mentioned it was a suede bag too.

All Is One

Erzebet....no, don't feel stupid at all. I'm one of those people on here willing, like you, to ask about abbreviations and such when I don't know. I always feel like the last idiot who got left out on the info until I ask. Then someone tells me and ....viola! everything is better.

Bravo to you for asking...only way to find out anything. :) :) :)

retrokat

Mum tried a variety of ways of doing the tops. I insisted on thick fabrics to protect the deck, and the loveliest heavy jacquard braids I could get (funnily enough, all from US - you wouldn't believe how well travelled all of the bits are), so even with double strings, they weren't going to stay closed without tying them.

The braids vary a lot, as I could only get 20 yards or so of some of them, but the fabrics were easier to get in larger quantities as we could buy those locally. Although even then, the brown suedette ran out and I could only get a slightly darker, thinner version. There are a couple of different black velvets. And then the heaviest fabric - the cross-hatched dark red velvet. I have the same fabric hanging on my wall at the head of my bed, it feels so nice. Those bags are a lot bulkier and I'm sure they were harder to sew (sorry, Mum!).

Sounds like Leisa mixed 'n matched to give a variety of bags to the people keen enough to order multiple decks :)

I think I've convinced Mum to keep producing bags when she finishes the 500 - she's getting so much fanmail for them! So maybe if you have your heart set on a different bag and can't get someone to swap, Mum *might* be able to sell you another bag. I am still trying to find suppliers that have my favourite braids in stock on an ongoing basis, so we might not be able to match some of the braids in the bags made for the Limited Edition.

retrokat

PS -the suede is fake (I'm a vegetarian so choose fake leather when I can) but was the most real-feeling fake suede I could find. Looking at all those amazing fabrics in the baroque portraits while I created the deck made me determined that the bags needed to have that same sumptuous 'touch me' quality.