Vargo's Gothic Daily Card

Kittaine

lunakasha said:
Kittaine~

I really like your description of this card....for some reason, I have always been fond of this particular 5 of Cups card, even though its "traditional" meaning is "bittersweet....regret....loss."

I see him as being a complex character....I notice the way he gazes upon the skull with curiosity and wonder....yet his stare is intense, almost hypnotized by it. I am wondering now about how this might apply to your situation with the object of your affections....

I think many of us can relate to how you are feeling in this situation....helpless, afraid, wishing for happiness.....but unfortunately, life is full of heartache and disappointments, as well as moments of joy and fulfillment.
The question then becomes: what are you willing to do to make yourself happy??? Are you willing to make sacrifices (such as possible rejection) if the reward or outcome is worth the risk???

I wish you the best of luck in this situation....not an easy one at all....

:) Luna

Luna, thank you for your reply. :)

Well, now I know what the 5 of Cups is about. I did well in the exams, I'm sure of it. But...I didn't see him today...He was not at the cafeteria where I usually catch him eat lunch with a friend. Maybe he ate someplace else. Maybe he opted to study instead, this being our hectic midterm week. Maybe he never went to school to begin with. Maybe he knew I would be at the usual place, and he just didn't wanna see me again. For what reason, I don't know. And why he would even think about me, I wouldn't know either. The mind wanders. Yes, I am feeling like the character in the 5 of Cups. "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio" ...Yes, I could be brooding over a skull right now, contemplating what I could have done long before, and what I should do when, or IF, given another opportunity. And of course, there are the why's: Why didn't he show up? Why is this happening to me? Why do I have these feelings for him? Why can't I just let go?

The character in the 5 of Cups could be doing all of these at the same time--brooding, contemplating, wishing, planning, losing. But we can't know for certain exactly what's on his mind. You're right, Lunakasha, he is complex. :) There is a sense of poetry and prose about him. But to me there's nothing tragic about it: it's drama and theatrics. There could have been a precursor--a cause--to the moment pictured in this card, but I doubt it's of the magnitude implied in the 10 of Swords, or 9 of Swords, even.

Well, that was my day.

Surprisingly, I'm not ending it with an "Oh well." I reserve that expression for the most tragic and miserable of instances. Instead, I'll just sit here, stare at the imaginary skull in my hand, and think of him...think of what he could be doing right now, where he could be, what he could be thinking of. Then I'll draw cards in an attempt to find the answers to those questions. And no, I have never thought of breaking in his locker or keying his car, or skipping class just to look at him. And I never want to do them. No one is worthy of that, not even the only person in this world that I feel so strongly about.

Do you see the drama here, people? :) But yes...I don't know what it is about him, or if it's even him that's causing this, and not me giving myself a hard time and refusing to let go...

... I think it's me.

Alright, no more drama. :) What's your Vargo Gothic card for today?

lunakasha

Kittaine said:
Luna, thank you for your reply. :)

Surprisingly, I'm not ending it with an "Oh well." No one is worthy of that, not even the only person in this world that I feel so strongly about.

Do you see the drama here, people? :) But yes...I don't know what it is about him, or if it's even him that's causing this, and not me giving myself a hard time and refusing to let go...

... I think it's me.

((((Kittaine))))

You are right....no one is worth making you this miserable, even though I know how hard it can be to let go....easier said than done. Love is such a double-edged sword, isn't it???? As hard as it may be, I still think that the only way you are ever going to find out how he feels, or if he is interested, is to talk to him.....
again, much easier said than done, but I hope you can find the courage to just do it....no matter what happens, at least you will know where you stand and be able to move on.

I wish you all the best and hope you can find happiness, if not with him then with someone else who deserves your love. :)

lunakasha

DAILY CARD--July 13--VIII Swords

(Thanks for the reminder, Kittaine, hehehe :) )

I like this version of the Eight of Swords.....

This woman is not bound or blindfolded, at least not in the physical or literal sense. She is leaning against a pillar, allowing it to support her weight, and she has one hand holding it, almost as if she is afraid to "let go".....her eyes are closed, so she is, in a sense, "blinding herself" from the situation....

The only way for her to escape the situation is by figuring out for herself what it is that is holding her back...and why she is not allowing herself to see the situation clearly, objectively.....

This card has personal significance to me, as I have a tendency to slip into this mode quite often.....it is a reminder for me to open my eyes and that I am the only person who can release me from the prison of my own mind.....

Kittaine

Re: DAILY CARD--July 13--VIII Swords

lunakasha said:
(Thanks for the reminder, Kittaine, hehehe :) )

This card has personal significance to me, as I have a tendency to slip into this mode quite often.....it is a reminder for me to open my eyes and that I am the only person who can release me from the prison of my own mind.....

What time is it there right now, Luna? Why do you think that card came out today? Maybe you'll find out when the day ends, yeah? I'd love to hear how the 8 of Swords is as the theme for the day.

lunakasha

Re: Re: DAILY CARD--July 13--VIII Swords

Kittaine said:
What time is it there right now, Luna? Why do you think that card came out today? Maybe you'll find out when the day ends, yeah? I'd love to hear how the 8 of Swords is as the theme for the day.

(It is about 11:00am here now, hehehehe :p)

I have had this card come up MANY times as the card of the day, except this is my first experience with the Gothic version.....

Personally, when I see this card come up, it is telling me to basically get out of my own head....not to let things get to me too much, and not to be held back by irrational fears or worries.....

Just a reminder to live in the moment and not take things too seriously unless of course the situation is a serious one.
The expression "choose your battles" comes to mind....gotta let go of the small stuff.....does that make any sense???

Thanks for asking......so far so good!

Kittaine

July 14, 2004, Wednesday (6.25 am)

Ohhh boy. It's the 3 of Pentacles ! I don't like this! :( You know why? Because I have three major assignments that are due today and I have not done ANY of them! >_< Funny that this card should come out. Three crows (or ravens?) are standing on a ledge with 3 pentacles above them. Below the birds, there is an embossed sculpture of a sad face surrounded by vine patterns. The face looks really burdened.

It's still 6.32 am and I look like that face already. :( >_< Ohh boy...Will I get through this day with all my assignments accomplished--and not just accomplished but done well?

I think so, yeah. I don't sense futile efforts here. :) I don't think this is beyond my capacity...and I have a feeling I'll get help from some nice people. Anyway...gotta go back to work now. :p

Kittaine

Thursday, July 15, 2004

4 of Swords

I drew my daily card this morning at around 6 or 7. It's now 9.49 pm. When I saw this card, I had a pretty good idea of how my day would go. After beating deadlines at the last minute and hurdling over exams since this week started, I knew I would get my first day of rest. I had no exams and no assignments to pass today; just a minor test that didn't require much effort. Sadly though, I think that card also meant that my brain would go "offline." I felt so stupid and dumb in Physics lab. I couldn't get the concept no matter how many times my groupmates tried to explain to me. They tried using analogies but that still didn't register into my brain. Ah well.

Brain (Swords) + Dead (Skeleton in Vargo Gothic) = Braindead (4 of Swords.

Oh, and I think this card also pertains to my father who needs rest more than anyone else I know. He visited me today, gave me a book (The Da Vinci Code) and a bunch of bananas, and invited me to watch a movie to which I said no.

Hm...I like this thread! :) It helps me get to know my cards, gives me an idea of how my day would go, AND enables me to evaluate my day! I'm gonna copy-and-paste my posts to MS Word and this will serve as my sort-of diary! :) Great idea, those who thought of starting these "Daily card" threads!

lunakasha

Kittaine said:
Hm...I like this thread! :) It helps me get to know my cards, gives me an idea of how my day would go, AND enables me to evaluate my day! I'm gonna copy-and-paste my posts to MS Word and this will serve as my sort-of diary! :) Great idea, those who thought of starting these "Daily card" threads!

Thanks Kittaine....I started this thread in particular for the reasons you mentioned: to get to know the Gothic deck specifically, and also as a way of reflecting on my day. Glad you are enjoying it and keeping me company here, LOL!!! :p

I will be posting my card here soon.....

Kittaine

lunakasha said:
Glad you are enjoying it and keeping me company here, LOL!!! :p

Hahaha! I dunno why the people in the Gothic study group aren't joining us here! Hmmmm...

lunakasha

Kittaine said:
Hahaha! I dunno why the people in the Gothic study group aren't joining us here! Hmmmm...

Do you have any "pull" with anyone there????

Maybe another shameless plug is in order, hehehehe!!! :D

I am glad you are here though.....I was feeling kinda foolish being the only one posting for awhile.....

Which reminds me: I still need to post today's card!!! :eek: