Rebound with your deck with nail polish (or else)

chorphee

As I said in my introduction post I'm 31 and I'm beginning my path in tarot. However the funny thing is that at the age of 12-13 years old I was already attracted by tarot. I remember asking my mum for a tarot deck. She wasn't ok with it but my uncle was ;-) so he offered me the Marseille tarot deck. I remember felling having someting sacred inside my hands (and I still do), I was carefull with my deck but years passed, I forgot about it (or consider tarot not as "rational" as I wanted to be known for... if that makes sense. I was afraid of judgments as a teenager and didn't want to have anything to do with all that I loved as a child and that I love now: tarot, anthropology, fantasy litterature, witchy stuff,..)

So, with that taking into account, I moved to different places and did'nt care too much about my deck and lost several cards. I rediscovered my deck four months ago and decided to still use it as a deck but only the majors (because I only lost minor's). And because the Marseille deck don't speak to me know (sorry but the pictures are just sometimes too sad for me) I wanted to add nail polish on it (colros, sequens nail polish). I also wanted to trim them. It took a long time, it was great and I feel now that I own this deck, that it is mine.

I wanted to share this with you because I'm sure you may have some old decks or new ones that maybe you don't feel really connected to it and this may help to rebound with it. Sometimes it is just about spend time with it and make it beautiful.

Here is the link for the result:
[img=http://s29.postimg.org/m7e1yar5v/20150527_114208.jpg]

chorphee

Sorry I didn't know about these threads... Teh version was the Tarot de Nostradamus from the publicher Heron (France).

AJ

thanks,
I wouldn't have expected a new member to see everything there is to see here, this is an enormous fourm :)

Welcome, again.

KristinCali

That is fantastic! I wish I still had my first deck! I'm glad you were able to make it special again :)

gregory

Welcome ! Those cards are quite something.