faery books

rostie

do any of you know a good faery book...i want to know more of them, i already have good faeries/bad faeries...and ofcourse the oracle!

next to this i saw an interesting book: fairy spells by claire Namhad...does anybody of you have it, can you tell me more of it?

thanks a lot in advance...

sara.

truthsayer

i found this book on faeries this week. i didn't really want to buy it but if you are at all familiar with fairies sometimes you have to do what they say! LOL i really like what i've read of it so far. there's even exercises to help you get in touch with the faeries. i plan to try a few of these. the name is,"a complete guide to faeries and magical beings" by cassandra eason. the isbn # is 1-57863-267-6 published by weiser books. i highly recommend it.

jewel, are you listening, dear? }) ;)

i haven't read this book but i know there are many doreen virtue fans out there. she has a deck and book out on the faeries. there's the brain froud faery oracle and the faery ring oracle. i can vouch for the faery oracle as being really good.

Kirali

I have a couple books on faeries, I'm not sure if you'd like them but here they are:

Isaac Asimov's Magical Worlds of Fantasy Faeries
edited by Isaac Asimov. That book is a collection of fairy tale like stories dealing with Faeries and their land.

The Faerie Kingdom by Celia Haddon is a book on faeries in past poems, and artwork.

The World Guide to Gnomes, Fairies, Elves, and Other Little People by Thomas Keightley. This book is an international compendium of all types of faerie beings and friends.

Spirits, Fairies, Leprechauns, and Goblins: An Encyclopedia by Carol Rose. I use this book to look up terms that the other books used!

Hope that helps. I really wish there were loads of faerie novels out there.

Jewel

truthsayer said:
the name is,"a complete guide to faeries and magical beings" by cassandra eason. the isbn # is 1-57863-267-6 published by weiser books. i highly recommend it.

jewel, are you listening, dear? }) ;)

i haven't read this book but i know there are many doreen virtue fans out there. she has a deck and book out on the faeries. there's the brain froud faery oracle and the faery ring oracle. i can vouch for the faery oracle as being really good.

I heard it loud and clear :p ... actually I need to check my library, as I may have it ... if not I definetly want it!

I will go through my library and write down a list of the faerie books I have to contribute to the list here.

I have read Healing with Fairy's by Doreen Virtue, and it is more of an account of how the faeries have worked in her life, and how she came to know them than actually being about faeries. I enjoyed the book never the less. The deck is nice ... and comforting, but I still prefer the Froud oracle and the Fairy Ring.

Ted Andrews wrote a good book on Faeries that I read several years ago ... unfortunately I loaned it to a friend and it has not made it back home yet. But I highly recommend it.

rostie

Jewel said:
Ted Andrews wrote a good book on Faeries that I read several years ago ... unfortunately I loaned it to a friend and it has not made it back home yet. But I highly recommend it.

is it this one:
Enchantment of the Faerie Realm Communicate with Nature Spirits & Elementals - ted andrews ?

Jewel

Yes Rostie I believe that is the one! I apologize for the delay in posting my list of books for you. I will post it on Monday for sure.

There is also the original book Faeries by Froud if you have not read that one. I have both that one and good faeries/bad faeries.

Trillium

Faery Magic

I just bought Faery Magic by Sirona Knight. It fell out of the shelf at me and has a "special" sticker on the side...

Its got all kinds of stuff inside. Including what to plant in your garden if you want to attract and keep the fey happy. I like it.

Trillium

Jewel

Re: Faery Magic

Trillium said:
I just bought Faery Magic by Sirona Knight. It fell out of the shelf at me and has a "special" sticker on the side...

Its got all kinds of stuff inside. Including what to plant in your garden if you want to attract and keep the fey happy. I like it.

Terillium that was a sure sign you needed that book *LOL* ... sounds very interesting. Could you tell me more about it.

~looks at Rostie all ashamed~ I promise I will get you the list this Monday. I am so sorry it is taking me this long ... shame on me.

Musie

Rostie,
You can also go to amazon.com
just do a keyword search for Faeries, Fairies, Faery, Fairy ...
You'll get a huge list to explore with lots of reviews that may help you. I always go here first when looking for new books. I don't always go there with the intent of ordering, but I consider it the best place to get list of books and reviews. They also have look inside the book feature too, so you can read a bit, check the table of contents as well :)

Genna

These are my favourites;
Everything by Brian Froud,Wendy Froud,Jessica Macbeth,and Terri Windling.
The Faeryland Companion by Beatrice Phillpots,
The Great Encyclopedia of Faeries by Pierre Dubois(but not until you have read a lot by Brian Froud,Terri Windling,and Jessica Macbeth,because he writes about the "bad" faeries too,and that may be confusing,as we only work with the good ones in the Oracle,those who want to help).The illustrations are fantastic,and the stories very good,though.
Finding Fairies by MichelleRoehm McCann and Marianne Monson-Burton(how to attract good faeries,good read for children and adults alike).
Fairy Spells by Claire Nahmad.Not many spells,but a good little book anyway.