The effect of thoth.. Bring or take our energy!?

moderndayruth

terow said:
And the bad news is, she said there's some kind of devil inside my cards..
Take your deck to a clairvoyant whose religious believes exclude Mr Devil, see what they get...

Freddie

Always Wondering said:
Well, there is a Devil Trump Card in most decks, and Crowley did like to call himeself a devil, but not in the traditional sense.
I think Aeon418 explains is well in this thread. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=40467

Perhaps your friend has preconceived concerns that influence her clairvoyance. I encourage you to trust your own sense and connection with the deck.

AW

I would agree with this and to tell the truth I don't even like Mr Crowley, but I do not believe his deck is tainted or evil. I'm sure your friend may mean well, however think of how silly it sounds to say that 'the devil' is in a pack of cardboard images. As a Rosicrucian thinker I feel that 'The Devil' is more about how we humans think, act behave and feel (mostly concerning earthly elements..impulses..creative forces...) than a guy running around 'making people do evil things or possessing people or material objects'. People do horrible things and use this 'Devil guy' as an convenient excuse, much they do the same to Mr Crowley, drugs, drink, everybody else is/was doing it. Scape goating......

If your convinced there is a negative energy in your deck there are simple 'no cost to you' ritual/methods to cleanse your pack of cards. I'll look them up and post the on here for you.

Really, I would not get sucked into this kind of negative thinking. I've been there and done that myself and came out the other end so to speak. I've found there is no reason to be afraid of my/your cards.

Freddie

Freddie

Here you go. I have used some of these myself so I can say that in my humble opinion 'They work'. I have used them for bonding purposes, so to speak. I believe these are 'Golden Dawn' based.

http://tarotinstitute.com/articles/clear.html

Hope this gives you peace of mind.

Freddie

terow

@always wondering
it's not about the devil card in thoth actually :D
yeah, maybe this is just my friend's bias

@moderndayruth
do you have one? (clairvoyance who doesn't believe in devil) :D

@Freddie
thanks for sharing..
yeah, maybe this is just my and my friend's silly thought.. but she believe what she see.. I live in east tradition whose believe in mystical world..

anyway, I would try ur suggestion to clease my deck ;)

Always Wondering

terow said:
@always wondering
it's not about the devil card in thoth actually

My point was that one does not have to be very clairvoyant to sense the devil in a pack of tarot cards. ;) :laugh:

AW

moderndayruth

terow said:
@moderndayruth

Yep, i do, but my point was that the person who saw whatever they saw in your cards most probably has pre-existing opinions about cards and that it influenced their vision.
Devil is a Judeo-Christian 'thing' and if you'd ever went deeper in studying the concepts behind the Hebrew concept of Satan (the original so to say) - you'd have to agree with Freddie - its not "a guy running around 'making people do evil things or possessing people or material objects"; but rather whatever originated in our fears and insecurities and lack of love and trust... yes, some think of *it* as some weird hybrid between a goat and a man, but that's just the depiction, a symbol if you'd like.
There is a great recent thread on Christianity and Tarot, maybe you'd like to have a look
here.

Freddie

terow said:
@always wondering
it's not about the devil card in thoth actually :D
yeah, maybe this is just my friend's bias

@moderndayruth

@Freddie
thanks for sharing..
yeah, maybe this is just my and my friend's silly thought.. but she believe what she see.. I live in east tradition whose believe in mystical world..

anyway, I would try ur suggestion to clease my deck ;)

Hi Terow,

We have this problem/tradition in the west as well, at least where I hail from...it's called Indiana, United states lol.....

Hope you are doing better,

freddie

ravenest

Maybe your friend means something else?

Anyway, here is 3 possibilities.

1) The deck has been tainted by a previous owner (like with jewelry or clothing), so
a) did it have a previous owner or was it exposed to a negative energy?
Yes. Then take the cleansing advise given above ) I am sure you can find someone to do this where you are if you dont want to do yourself.

2) The deck itself is bad? We seem to have discounted that above - and you dont feel it yourself.

3) Your clairvoyant friend isnt yet developed perfectly and could be mistaiking her REACTIONS TO something with what she is FEELING FROM something - two very different and important things to seperate for any
clairvoyant. !

terow

@moderndayruth
Hmm, that's interesting and practical belief actually.. but have u ever had a mystique experience with ghost/spirit !?

@freddie
are there many witch in Indiana ?? lol
yupz, thanks for sharing ;)

@ravenest
my friend's clairvoyance ability is good enough.. and had proven actually.. she could see any spirit even more subtle spirit and also could see aura..
she can see the past and the future pathlife from the other..
she's my companion in tarot practical..

and I buy my thoth in local store..

Hmm.. I read in BoT Crowley that the things is not the 'dead thing' actually, especially tarot.. everything is energy based on E = mc2 :D

please correct If I'm wrong..

ravenest

One or the other

@terow ... ;)
my friend's clairvoyance ability is good enough.. and had proven actually.. she could see any spirit even more subtle spirit and also could see aura..
she can see the past and the future pathlife from the other..
she's my companion in tarot practical..

Well then .... I clairvoyantly sense you have a problem brewing there.

Sooner or later you will have to make a decision ... or just decide to disagree with your companion in tarot practical. .... or go against your inner feelings of what is right for you. Good luck ...