Chariot

Fulgour

Sultry sphinxes... this does sometimes look like
a classical case of ~ "Hurry up...and wait." :)

Mimers

Fulgour said:

Yes that's it exactly! or you know what I thought of when I saw it? The cowardly lion from the wizard of Oz. Remember how he played with his tail when he was scared?

celticnoodle

yes mimers! very good thought- the cowardly lion; and, yes, fulgour it is like 'hurry up & wait'. does kind of make me see this card in a different way now---I think I'll always see the 'cowardly lion' now when I'm reading & this card appears. :D

Wonderwoman

Hurry up and Wait...

Fulgour...I've had this Chariot show up on me recently..Could you expand on this "hurry up and wait" I'm stumped...

Ww :)

Fulgour said:

patrickjutte

chariot

Look at the Marseille-chariot at the wheels, they are placed horizontally.
The driver can't drive, it's blocked. The rider wants to carry on like a madman (I see the chariot as wanting to reach your goal, but overdooing it with to much (male) force in contadiction to trump 11 (female force), but he is being stopped.

In the RWS-chariot, it's like the chariot itself is a block of heavy stone, so the driver here is also stopped, the energy is blocked...

Patrick

Fulgour

the picture is on the front

There is...
"The Yoni/Lingam is the Hindu logo for male penetration of the female, a primal symbol with myriad meanings. The union of opposites, procreation, and Kundalini/Tantra are some of the associations. Shivite sects of Hinduism enshrine stone lingams in temples, annoiting them with milk, honey, and flowers." Elmer Patterson Phd
And further...
"They could not suspect that anything created by the Divine was dirty or improper, but rather saw the most fitting symbols of the God and Goddess in terms of penis and womb (lingam and yoni; the yoni is the womb and not the external female sexual organ). They saw the whole universe as a great womb in which worlds were born and came to being." © Mike Magee 1996-2006

Attachments

• Yoni Lingam with Shiva's vahana Nandi.gif
    Yoni Lingam with Shiva's vahana Nandi.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 195

Fulgour

Wonderwoman said:
Could you expand on this "hurry up and wait" I'm stumped...
hurry up and wait: to prepare quickly for an activity that is then delayed.

Air travel seems to be nothing but hurry up and wait —
you race to the airport two hours before your flight time,
and then depart two hours late.

Another way to playfully view The Chariot
is "all dressed up and no where to go." :)

BodhiSeed

Fulgour,
Thanks for the information; it's ironic that I have shiva lingam stones all over my house!

Here's a story about the shiva lingam from the book "Devi":

"Shiva saw no sense in the transitory pleasure of life. So he rejected samsara, smeared his body with ash, closed his eyes and performed austerities. Shiva's tapas generated so much heat that his body turned into a pillar of fire - a blazing lingam that threatened to destroy the whole world. The gods did not know how to control Shiva's fire. Suddenly there appeared a yoni - the divine vessel of the of the mother-goddess. It caught the fiery lingam and contained its heat, thus saving the cosmos from untimely destruction."

Bodhran