What Are You Currently Reading?

smw

I just bought an old library copy of Crowley's Complete Astrological works for a tenner, it might be tatty, that is fine, as long as I can read it... My first foray into the daunting astrological side of tarot. Hopefully it will get here soon.

CharlotteK

So I popped into Treadwell's in London on my way home - just for a look - and picked up Rachel Pollack. Which was on my reading list, but also this beast by Jung 😜 So that's bedtime reading sorted! 😂
969b146f5e015e46bbdb7dd8075796ed.jpg

delinfrey

I'm reading Meditations on Tarot. What a tome!
But gives truly wonderful insight.

Like the archetype of the Devil (I still think that the depiction on Steampunk Tarot is one of the best, where the workers fuel the mechanical monster who forces them to fuel him), Meditations on Tarot links the Devil with the practice of engendering demons. They can't control us, if we don't create them!

Wonderful read.

Tanga

So I popped into Treadwell's in London on my way home - just for a look - and picked up Rachel Pollack. Which was on my reading list, but also this beast by Jung �� So that's bedtime reading sorted! ��
969b146f5e015e46bbdb7dd8075796ed.jpg

:thumbsup: Love Treadwells. :)

I'm reading 'Tarot and Psychology - spectrums of possibility' by Arthur Rosengarten PhD.

Just getting into it and delighted by the vignettes of the Author using Tarot as a therapeutic aid.

Tanga

I have ordered a few tarot and magick books recently, and this is one of them. ('Tarot and the path of Iniciation' - By Henry Ho)
This book is about Thoth Tarot of A. Crowley. It also talks about religion, qabala, astrlogy and Thelema.

I feel it is written with chat type language, so it feels not academic at all, but easy to understand, and feel like reading someone talking on the online chat program. Maybe for the terse topics, it might be a strong point of the book.

But in many parts of the book, the author seems throw a lot of his own personal bold and polemic views and comments about religion, society, history, cultures and life, which could be subject to heavy criticisms and logical and factial clarification.

But for elaborating on the main topics, it seems ok, easy to see what he is trying to say, although the book seems trying to cover too many topics for the size. An ok book to add to Tarot library.

:) I meet Henry from time-to-time... Haven't gathered the courage to tackle his book yet.

Tarot beyond the basics by Anthony Louis.

When I got this book a couple of year ago, I just skimmed it through, and now I am reading in detail the parts where I find relevant to my current interest - Tarot and Astrology.

I find this book refreshingly well written, and can be used as reference or a textbook.

Just begun to dip into it... so far, it's held my attention longer than other astrology books. (me being a complete dud in the area, and not that academically leaning in these subjects).

Still Wildy delighted with the LWB that accompanies my Tarot App for the 'Tarot of The Holy Light' (fools dog - I think). So far, every single daily draw (which I don't really do daily) teaches me some new and pointedly interesting interpretations about the cards...
It is quite an anticipatory delight. :)

AntonK1111

Currently reading 'Advanced Tarot Secrets' by Dusty White. It's a great book and has immensely helped me already.

I've also recently ordered 'The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - Ever', by the same author which I should've read first but it was out of stock when I ordered the other.

Late Starter

Started Tarot Fundamentals edited by Sasha Graham published by Lo Scarabeo.

midsummermagic1111

Seventy eight degrees of wisdom. I'm going to add those removeable tabs to label the sections. It will make it a ton easier to reference during my practice sessions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rêveur

I'm currently reading 'Holistic Tarot' by Benebell Wen!

It's such a large book with so much info, but it's so helpful! 60 pages in and I'm loving it. Hope to be done with it by the end of this month.

Nosgo

Currently reading 'Advanced Tarot Secrets' by Dusty White. It's a great book and has immensely helped me already.

I've also recently ordered 'The Easiest Way to Learn the Tarot - Ever', by the same author which I should've read first but it was out of stock when I ordered the other.

How do you evaluate the second one if you had a chance to read it? (The Easiest Way to Learn Tarot) Would you recommend it?

Right now I'm reading an astrology book that has been highly recommended to me (intended for beginners) named "The Inner Sky" by Steven Forest. It's quite good and simple to assimilate and it teaches you how to do your shit instead of just listing the effect of planets in sign/houses.

Regarding Tarot I'm also reading Corinne Kenner's book : Tarot for writers and the "writer" part is realling interesting. It provides small pieces of basic narrative theory mixed with spread and exercises to keep you in a creative mood. I bought it in ebook because I needed quick but will probably buy it in paper (not a real fan of kindle stuff).