Deck of the Week Signup Thread - Week 32 - March 10th - March 17th

Penthasilia

Still having a hard time forming a close bond with the alchemical. So I decided today to ask it (for my daily draw)- what can you teach me? What is your purpose in my journey?

And I pulled out the same card I had last time.

So- the deck obviously has something to teach- but it appears I am not quite ready for it. <sigh>- so rather than sell or trade it off, it will continue to rest until that time of enlightenment comes (let's hope it does!).

I get a feeling that this is going to be the same issue with all of my decks that fall into this category- I think of them as my "high magic" decks. All my golden dawn decks fall into this category, golden-dawn-like (hermetic/duquette's deck), masonic, alchemical, cagliostro/papus decks. (The thoth falls outside of this, funny enough- but that is typical for Aleister, he doesn't like pigeon-holed into anything). I feel like I am getting closer to "getting it"- much more so than before, but it still eludes me. But let me pick up a shaman deck, or "low magic" deck, and I zoom right off.

I guess more time is needed with these decks for me- and probably more studying as well. But they will sit there, patiently waiting, while I diddle around and try to figure them out. But, in the meantime, it makes it very clear that I will have to alternate weeks with decks I "get" and decks I don't in order to stay sane and motivated. So- we will see what next week brings!

:)

VGimlet

I have been enjoying the the Wheel of the Year this week. Maybe normally I would think of it as a pretty fluffy deck, but the timing has been perfect this week.

I needed something light-hearted and a little silly this week and this deck fits that description.

Cat*

I LOVE the glasses! Adds to the whole "Annoyed with Insultingly Shallow Deck" theme.
Well, that's how my glasses look (only they're practically frameless) - and it's how I look over them. ;)

Cat* - if your insultingly shallow deck needs a new home by the end of the week please please please can I be top of the list? :heart:
It will definitely need a new home! In fact, I should start researching deck prices so I can finally put up another sale thread to pass on some of the decks I didn't click with. So watch out for that! I'd be happy to send it to someone in Europe. :)

Mi-Shell

Well, that's how my glasses look (only they're practically frameless) - and it's how I look over them. ;)

It will definitely need a new home! In fact, I should start researching deck prices so I can finally put up another sale thread to pass on some of the decks I didn't click with. So watch out for that! I'd be happy to send it to someone in Europe. :)

?? Are you putting that Songs for the Journey Home Tarot onto that sales/ trade pile?
Then I would have a home for it! :)

Cat*

?? Are you putting that Songs for the Journey Home Tarot onto that sales/ trade pile?
Then I would have a home for it! :)
That's one I'm still on the fence about... Maybe! :)

vee

The Rumi Tarot and I are having a decent run. I haven't been posting any draws lately because they are just so to the point, no thinking. I feel like it has two currents: one that is very simple and straightforward and true, and one that is deep and overwhelming and Truth. I haven't really been able to reach that second one, I don't know if a person like me even can. But I am excited to see how it reads for others (is the exchange circle up yet?) at least!

Elendil

I am excited to see how it reads for others (is the exchange circle up yet?) at least!

Hi vee :) The exchange circle for this week has been up since Saturday. There is a link in the first post.

Elendil.

Karmagoth

After a good start with the Fey, it's gone steadily downhill, but it's not their fault. Yesterday morning I drew the 3 of swords, 10 of swords and Queen of swords for my daily draw and that pretty well sums it all up. Sorry I haven't posted much, I really will try harder next week, if I sign up again :(

jema

Aum feels like the sloppy, slightly weird cousin to Thoth. The book is quite deluded too. Still I kind of like it - a little. It's a keeper deck.

The Pages of Shustah I love, I can't read with them yet but I find myself referring back to them in my mind all through a day.
Like yesterday I pulled The blue gem + the treasure box + Virgo and the relationship between these are interesting. I am aware my blog is not really that interesting at all though, I tend to write more in my journal and just read novels right now. I think the Shustah cards need a full day to be pondered, or even a night. I will keep them out for next week too.

Managed to sell off the True Love set on swedish e-bay :p

GoldenWolf

So far a good week with the Vision Quest. I have been doing daily draws though not posting them. I have been looking at a lot of new houses trying to whittle down a short list for my BF to see when he comes in this weekend so I haven't a lot of time to spend on the computer.

The VQ is pretty. but not saccharine. The creators live in New Mexico or did when the deck was created and managed to capture something of the beautiful land there. It reads well for me and I think it would be non-threatening enough that I can use it for others. The LWB works surprisingly well for this deck.

I have been supplementing the draws by looking up animals that appear in the Medicine Cards. For example, I pulled the Hermit today and there's a bear in the background which fits well with the version of the card. I hope this doesn't mean that none of my clients show up today!