Moon in outcome position

Miss Divine

It can also be the tarot giving you the finger .

That was hilarious Fudagizi!

I usually do 3 card readings instead of celtic cross because I think it's too much for me now. But a friend insisted so I tried it.

For myself I usually DO record my readings. But I find reading for myself more difficult than reading for somebody else. Which is ofcourse a problem which many of us have;)

ofbainbridge

Miss Divine

Upright and in relation to your question (Will things work out in a particular relationship) this card could indicate that at the time of the reading...Yes certain aspects of this relationship represented by The Moon upright...inner connections, inner understanding of what isn't said as much as of what is, mystery, anticipation and curiosity can help it to succeed...

Reversed and in relation to your question this card could indicate that at the time of the reading there are aspects of this relationship represented by The Moon reveresed that stand in the way of the relationship succeeding...
Illusions, deceptions, fears & anxieties, distraction, aimless wandering, uncertainty, doubts, a sense of loosing control, disorientation, madness...

Miss Divine

I don't read with reversals. I have thought about doing that though. But, if the message is supposed to be negative, I trust & hope the surrounding cards & intuition will help me see that.

I may start reversals later on, but I just don't like looking at upside down cards.

balenciaga

I would say that the Moon in the outcome position is not good, only because it is a card of the imagination; illusions, fog. Things that are not real.
Edited to add: I remember now from the LWB - Thoth - the Moon card was considered the "most sinister card". Yuck.:eek:

Thirteen

What *exactly* was the question? Because the CC is not a relationship spread, per-se. It's a spread that usually involves a question. So what did you ask about this relationship? How it will end up? Will there be love? Does he like me?

Makes a difference.

In the end, you simply need to remember this: The Moon is less a matter of positive or negative than it is about night verses day. It's a card that says anything can happen by the light of the moon. So the answer is "YES"...if it's by the light of the Moon. Do you get what I'm saying? Does he love you? YES...by the light of the Moon. Is there a relationship? YES...by the light of the Moon. Will there be wild, passionate lovemaking? YES...by the light of the Moon.

Will all this wonderful stuff still be there in the morning, by the light of day?

Um...Nope.

Does that help?

wytchwood

I usually take the Moon to mean that the outcome is undetermined or unclear. I never re-read or push the issue when the Moon has appeared, and especially so in the outcome position.

Zoe xx

Miss Divine

What *exactly* was the question? Because the CC is not a relationship spread, per-se. It's a spread that usually involves a question. So what did you ask about this relationship? How it will end up? Will there be love? Does he like me?

Makes a difference.

In the end, you simply need to remember this: The Moon is less a matter of positive or negative than it is about night verses day. It's a card that says anything can happen by the light of the moon. So the answer is "YES"...if it's by the light of the Moon. Do you get what I'm saying? Does he love you? YES...by the light of the Moon. Is there a relationship? YES...by the light of the Moon. Will there be wild, passionate lovemaking? YES...by the light of the Moon.

Will all this wonderful stuff still be there in the morning, by the light of day?

Um...Nope.

Hi Thirteen,

The question was ''how will my relationship turn out with X''? It was a reading for a friend of mine who just got involved with a guy she was having serious feelings for.

From what you're saying i think is that for instance:by the light of the moon things are wonderful, passionate, he loves her blabla...But it's only for a moment? I mean say they had a wild passionate night together, the next morning it all meant nothing to him? Or if he felt love for her during the night, after waking up his feelings are gone and it was just the heat of the moment kinda thing?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, but I'd like to have a better grasp on this card. Always confusing me when it comes to relationships.

berrieh

That's an interesting take, Thirteen. I never thought about it quite that way, but I think that's where a lot of my unease with this card comes from. Because those possibilities are real, but they aren't realized in the light of day, so what good are they? To me, not very good at all. (Though I suppose it'd be an awesome love card for vampires. Or maybe college students who sleep all day!) But I suppose learning to come to terms with that is just one more lesson we can learn from Tarot.

For me, The Moon is one of the most upsetting cards I can see. I'd prefer The Devil or The Tower or Death or the 10 of Swords. Just about anything, but The Moon. And yet, it can be a positive card, whereas I can't imagine the 10 of Swords as "positive" in and of itself. So, it's always been curious for me.

This has been interesting to read. I'm glad you started it, Miss Divine! Hopefully, you'll stumble into what you believe to be your answer.

FaireMaiden

wytchwood said:
I usually take the Moon to mean that the outcome is undetermined or unclear. I never re-read or push the issue when the Moon has appeared, and especially so in the outcome position.

Zoe xx
I agree with wytchwood... The Moon, for me, is the one card in the deck that says, 'Not Now, No Answer, No How', *lol*

To a lesser degree, the High Priestess is the same but, at least, she DOES know... she's just not giving it up, *lol*... The Moon, however, doesn't know... one is left to fly by the seat of their pants... to abandon themselves to experience what is there to experience... In the end, it WILL teach us/show us something about ourselves, the nature of love, etc etc...

In this light, I also agree with Thirteen that the Moon represents a sort of fantasy-world... Since this was a 'relationship' reading, I'd have to give it the old 'romantic love' twist... When one is 'in love' they are, so to speak, effectively projecting their romantic fantasy upon another who is receptive to playing the Romeo or Juliet... It's all so wonderful-feeling... But, in such a state, one can't see the forest for the trees... Yet, who'd want to??? *lol*

In any case, 'Permanency' is not the watch-word of the Moon... 'Transience' is...

Miss Divine

In this light, I also agree with Thirteen that the Moon represents a sort of fantasy-world... Since this was a 'relationship' reading, I'd have to give it the old 'romantic love' twist... When one is 'in love' they are, so to speak, effectively projecting their romantic fantasy upon another who is receptive to playing the Romeo or Juliet... It's all so wonderful-feeling... But, in such a state, one can't see the forest for the trees...

Which makes it negative in a relationship reading afterall!?!