• INTJ

Votes: 96 15.9%
  • INFP

Votes: 123 20.3%
  • INFJ

Votes: 161 26.6%

• Total voters

jmd

There are other and similar findings to these, Mary...

One of the 'problems' with this poll, of course, is that it does not necessarily reflect tarot enthusiasts in general, but those who post on bulletin boards. As such, one would expect a majority of I over E. Similarly, with those who are likely to continue to maintain postings to perhaps even see these, one would expect a (smaller) majority of J over P.

Significantly, however, I use to also give the MBTI to everyone doing my tarot courses back in the early 90s (using an actual MBTI form for which I wrote a Hypercard programme to make it faster - ie, clicking the selection, with the results worked out invisibly in the background). Basically, everyone (except for a single individual who was an ex-army Major) came out as N or as F (ie, there was only that single exceptional ST). Of those, most were NF.

Similar reports have also been mentioned to me either in the late 80s or early 90s by Brian Clarke (who more recently worked with Kay Steventon on the Celestial Tarot, by the way). He used to similarly give the MBTI to his second year astrology students - perhaps this was a little less expected as at that time, charts were still, for the most part, cast by hand.

Teheuti

jmd said:
One of the 'problems' with this poll, of course, is that it does not necessarily reflect tarot enthusiasts in general, but those who post on bulletin boards.
I almost mentioned that and agree - to some extent. However, so many people now are hooked into the computer that I have a feeling that the results would not vary that greatly. There may be another whole group of people who do tarot for themselves and don't communicate with hardly anyone else about it - and may have read nothing but the LWB that comes with their deck. Still, I would imagine that these would be INF_s also.

It's my personal hope that in the near future we'll begin to get some concrete scientific studies done regarding Tarot and tarot readers. I'll keep advocating it and will continue to watch this thread to see if the trend continues.

Mary

Indigo Rose

Retaking the Test....different results.

I took this test a little over a year ago and here were the results....

Indigo Rose said:
INFJ
Introverted---Intuitive---Feeling---Judging
**44 %******88 %*****75 %***22 %**

The Portrait of the Counselor

Peace
:heart:

I just retook the test and noted some very different results.

Your Type is:
INFP
Introverted---Intuitive---Feeling---Perceiving
***78%******88%*****62%*****33%***

The Protrait of the Healer

One thing I notice is how much more introverted I am now. This test result actually fits my real-life situation, as I have become a lot more Hermit-like over the past year. Funny how the 'judging' element has been replaced by the 'perceiving' element. I guess the results really vary with mood at the time of test. Yet even with the differences, the Intuitive factor was exactly the same at 88%. Hmmm...it is interesting to note the changes.

le pendu

I'm not terribly surprised to see someone go deeper into an I, as you stated.. Hermit mode! What's fascinating is to see the move from 22% J to 33% P.. thats a pretty substantial move! Is there something that might explain it? Does it seem a true reflection of a change?

Indigo Rose

le pendu said:
I'm not terribly surprised to see someone go deeper into an I, as you stated.. Hermit mode! What's fascinating is to see the move from 22% J to 33% P.. thats a pretty substantial move! Is there something that might explain it? Does it seem a true reflection of a change?

I'm not really sure what that means, Le Pendu. I feel like I've changed a lot in the past year. I've had some personal struggles, which have greatly humbled me. In that way, I tend to 'judge' less than I did in the past. I don't know if that is what is being reflected, but it's the only connection I can make to it right now.

le pendu

Indigo Rose said:
I'm not really sure what that means, Le Pendu. I feel like I've changed a lot in the past year. I've had some personal struggles, which have greatly humbled me. In that way, I tend to 'judge' less than I did in the past. I don't know if that is what is being reflected, but it's the only connection I can make to it right now.

P and J are always hard to describe I think, for me at least! And most everyone hates the *word* "judging" anyway.

I'm ENTP, and find the P to be a very powerful part of my life. Part of what makes me who I am, and part of my biggest challenges. I've heard people describe the P/J scale as the "messy desk" test. J's like things "tidied up", P's like things "left open".

Another instance... I'm much more likely to tell a friend "Let's get together this weekend, let me give you a call Friday to see what works", then to tell them "Let's go to Antonios Friday at 8pm for dinner and cocktails". I hate to commit to something because.. well, who knows what we'll be in the mood for on Friday?!?! Whereas, other people feel much better being able to plan around the set date.

That's where the whole P=Spontaneous, J=Planned thing comes in. Of course, P's are notorious procrastinators. Why do today what you can put off to tomorrow, or better yet, next week, or forever?!

P's are escape artists, because they usually plan so poorly, they are used to thinking quickly and getting out of situations with cunning and non traditional thinking. They can be ingenious. Great for coming up with unusual ways of getting things done... because they've had experience coming up with alternatives. They are inventors and "out of the box" thinkers, they are unconventional, non-conformists, and usually proud of it.

On the down side, they can be forever wandering, distracted, and not accomplishing the "big picture" goals they have. Seen as undependable, self-indulgent, and flakey.. they can let others, and themselves down, because they refuse to plan and follow through on things.

When someone is in the middle of one of the scales, they usually get an "X".. such as ENTX... meaning they don't show a strong preference to one side or the other. I wonder if really the goal shouldn't be to be an XXXX... the middle road.. showing a balance between the two extremes of the scales?

le pendu

It's interesting to see how we rate as a group.

As of this post, there's 182 votes... which fall like this:

E=20 / I=162
S=35 / N=147
T=66 / F=116
P=73 / J-109

Exceptionally strong I compared to E
Exceptionally strong N compared to S
Very strong F compared to T
Pretty Strong J compared to P

Indigo Rose

le pendu said:

E=20 / I=162
S=35 / N=147
T=66 / F=116
P=73 / J-109

Exceptionally strong I compared to E
Exceptionally strong N compared to S
Very strong F compared to T
Pretty Strong J compared to P

Wow! I am really amazed at the results for this group. :)
Thank you for explaining the J and P. It really clicks with me now. I am far more laid back then I was a year ago. I feel I've been moving from a more 'rigid' dispostion to a more flexible one, though this too seems to have fluctuated over my entire life. I'm guessing if I had been taking this test all along, I would see this vascillation reflected in going from J to P and back again; especially when I factor in my Astrological energy. It makes sense that X would be the ideal: a state of balance between the two.

This is all quite fascinating and informative. Thanks again. :)

Teheuti

le pendu said:

E=20 / I=162
S=35 / N=147
T=66 / F=116
P=73 / J-109
I converted this to percentages:
E=11% / I=89%
S=19% / N=81%
T=36% / F=64%
P=40% / J=60%

Gayla

I'm ENFJ.

slightly expressed extravert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

I guess I can accept that...it says I should be a counselor, phychologist, social worker or in education...well, I don't do any of those, but I do read Tarot. :)