New TdM II, from Rio IIIIto, Tarot de Marsella Robledo

punchinella

Decks received Wednesday, and shipped out again this afternoon. As kalliope & Abaris already know, I have held my tongue up to now out of guilt about not being able to get to the post office sooner . . .

However, I will now comment on the loveliness of this deck. :heart: :heart: :heart:

It's smaller than I expected it to be, which might be what's making the colors so brilliant. The color seems--concentrated, almost gem-like in its purity. I'm particularly attracted to the clear aqua color: it stands out especially in the hills the Valet de Deniers stands on (making them look like water) and in his hat (as though rain has puddled inside its brim); and also in the sword of Justice. This shade is more watery somehow than other pale blues used in other decks, possibly because it is a bit deeper. And the reds are stunning too, and the deep pink of the wall of the Chariot, contrasting as it does with the blue of the horses (yes, that blue :) )

The deck is also filled with fascinating little details, which I am hesitant to comment on without running to check every possible source to find out where they might have come from (since I do not already know :| ) Just as an example, I'll mention the flames (!? Or are they hairs?) on the thighs of Le Diable . . .

Now flipping through the deck to find Le Diable, I just happened across trump XIII and noticed that same vivid pink of the chariot wall shading the bones of our Reaper . . . so interesting!

Pablo, thank you so much for all your painstaking work creating and publishing this deck for us (and of course, thank you for saving these last three decks and making them available.)

This will be a lasting treasure.

eltarot78

Hi punchinella
sorry for the delayed response, was not in the city.
I am glad that the deck is to your liking.

Le Diable of this deck is based on lines of Conver and inspired in drawing the deck of Jacques Rochias, 1782 Neuchâtel, Switzerland (but something more stylish in this case,and without snakes )
Diablos.jpg

what you see on the legs of Le Diable, are hairs, much like many other decks made ​​in Besançon or Switzerland, while being a TdM, no TdB, and without departing from the canon of the graph of TdM II

punchinella

Oh, that's fascinating, thank you so much for the scans! I see now where so many of these details come from. And, yes, that the main lines are Conver. This is really an impressive work that you've done, a labor of love (from which we all benefit).

kalliope

My copy arrived yesterday!! :D

It's lovely. Punchinella described it very well already, but I'll add a few remarks. The paper wrapper was very pretty, with a beautiful font and decoration. I only wish it were something I could use to store it in. I wasn't prepared with a pretty bag or anything!

The colors are very vibrant and saturated. The finish on the cards emphasizes the colors, too. I can't describe the cardstock very well, and can't find a similar comparison in any of my other decks. The finish is very smooth, but matte, and the "waxy" descriptor that someone used isn't far off. It almost makes me think of a matte photo paper, but that's not quite right either. They are slightly heavy for their size. The background is a very nice beige parchment texture. I really like having a TdM that isn't bright white.

The Empress has brilliant green eyes, which seems like a unique detail to me, but I don't have many other Marseille decks. Is it? I'm really drawn to the Chariot card, too. Something about the expression on his face. I've included a couple of quick photos. The Chariot pic includes a card from the ISIS to compare size.

Thank you for this very special Marseille deck, Pablo! :heart: And thanks so much to Punchinella for coordinating our U.S. purchase. :D

Attachments

• Marsella_2.jpg
    Marsella_2.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 228
  • Marsella_Chariot.jpg
    Marsella_Chariot.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 231
  • Marsella_1.jpg
    Marsella_1.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 224

eltarot78

Hello Kalliope, I'm glad that your deck is in home.

Above, when I did the Dodal, accompanied him with a wooden box, which added much weight to the cost of shipping;
now choose the traditional way of wrapping paper (this is also a way in which you are bound to see find a good resting place, which will cause it to contact you for more time, which is also a way to magnetize the deck).

The paper used is a sheet of 300g matt, after the impression is coated with a matte laminate Opp, not plastic, which gives more body to the cards, and the silky or waxy texture.

The Empress has brilliant green eyes, is a detail of what I meant in the presentation about the new folklore (Camoin).

the size of the cards was something to explore and probe for a few months, I decided on a size similar to that used Fournier, elected this size that is more comfortable () for any size hand and to transport, more smaller loses visual operation, its size is in the limit.

very nice and sharp the pictures, thank you very much.

MoonGypsy

i have the gorgeous Robledo Dodal, which i ADORE! i missed out on the Tarot de Marsella Robledo, though...*sigh*...so i am wondering if this beautiful deck is still available? Could someone please advise me? :love: Thanks so much! :*

Hugs and Spring Blessings,
MoonGypsy xxx

Wendywu

I very much want this one, but fear the shipping would rule it out of my budget :(

Bluefeet

i have the gorgeous Robledo Dodal, which i ADORE! i missed out on the Tarot de Marsella Robledo, though...*sigh*...so i am wondering if this beautiful deck is still available? Could someone please advise me? :love: Thanks so much! :*

Hugs and Spring Blessings,
MoonGypsy xxx

I PM'd Pablo and he said the 1st edition has been sold out, but the good news is he's now working on a revised 2nd edition (soon to be released). So keep an eye on upcoming Marseille decks! ;)

MoonGypsy

I PM'd Pablo and he said the 1st edition has been sold out, but the good news is he's now working on a revised 2nd edition (soon to be released). So keep an eye on upcoming Marseille decks! ;)

LOL! Iris, you and i crossed posts! :D A revised 2nd edition? Yay! That is very good news! i just need to plan my budget...Any hints about the cost of the deck? [And shipping to the USA]...