Confrontation Spread/"What's He Thinking" Spread?

DragonLover

I've gone through the index here plenty of times. Love the spreads. but i can't seem to find one for something thats really plaguing me. To keep it basic, im going to be seeing someone in march that i havnt seen since november. He's sort of helped me through some tough times in my life, and im very open with him. Well, im going to be as open as always but i dont know how he's going to react to certain things, about what i should suspect, whether the conversation will go smoothly or not, what'll be going through his head, and mine, what reaction i should expect, maybe how i should approach it... etc.

If there is a spread here that i missed that you think i could use for something like that, id love someone to link me to it!!!

Also, is there possibly a spread to figure out maybe whats going on in his mind right now about my situation? It's a pretty big thing, and i know its on his mind, and he's even told me he thinks about me every so often... but just what IS he thinking?

to me that seems a different spread from the first i asked about. Id make one myself but im never satisfied with it, im pretty new at tarot and have just gotten the hang of readings but i dont think i have it in me to create new spreads.

thanks alot for your help in advance!

contradiction

here is a spread i used to help w/dream interp. but i also listed it as a relationship spread, the basic positions are 1.what your head tells you, 2. the heart of the matter, 3. & 4. what the situation stands on 5. & 6. how to handle the situation,
this is what you build your positions on, for example #2, for your situation, could be "why am i worried", or "what will his true feelings be", as long as it deals with the "heart" aspect. 5 could be "how do you handle it", 6 then would be "how will he handle it", or whatever, as long as it deals with the "hand(le)" aspect.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=35706

DragonLover

thanks very much, contradiction! i will try that later tonight. :)

mnemosyne7

Communication/Relationship Spread

Hi DL,

Here is a spread that sometimes works quite well to figure out how/where two people best communicate:

1-----------4

2-----7-----5

3-----------6

The left hand column represents you: 1 is where your head is, 2 is where your heart is, 3 represents your physical self.

The right hand column represents the other person: 4 is where his/her head is, 5 is where his/her heart is, and 6 represents his/her physical self.

7 is what lies between you - could be something that draws you together, or tears you apart, but it is a common link, mediating between the two of you.

Things to look for when doing this spread. What do the 1st and 4th card have in common, or are they completely at odds with each other? That might tell you a lot about your thoughts vs. the other person's thoughts.

Look at the similarities and/or differences between the heart cards - to see if/how you connect on an emotional level.

Look at the bottom two cards and see if/what you share in common in a physical realm.

The 7th card may represent a common denominator between each level of the relationship and offer clues for opening communication.

Sometimes the best thing we can do is understand where the other person is coming from ... then it is much easier to understand their actions and reactions in relation to our own.

One more thing to think about. You can add one more card to the top of each left and right hand column, and call it the "spiritual" or "soul" element of each person. Are your spiritual ideals/values aligned or in discord?

This spread seems to work very well for me. I hope that it may give you some insight to your situation.

Mnemosyne

DragonLover

mnemosyne7... thank you very much for that spread. I just did it tonight, as i could barely find time to really stop and concentrate and do a reading. I really felt that this reading was pretty on. And the card drawn for the 7th position was so very interesting, because you said it could represent something that brings us together or tears us apart... and it came out to be an issue that i feel tears us apart, but im pretty sure he feels brings us together, interestingly enough.

contradiction, i will use your spread within the next couple of days to a week. I dont like to do more than one reading one the same topic in such a short span.

mnemosyne7

Hi DL,

I'm glad to hear that the spread made you think. It's one of my favorites. About that 7th card - it's funny, but I've seen more relationships break up over the very thing that originally attracted two people to one another.

When they first meet - "He's so spontaneous. I just love that quality!"
Years later - "I wish he'd make up his mind and stick to the plan. He's so fickle, and it's making me crazy."

Same people, same characteristics ... but time and circumstances gives them a different perspective. And since we don't always grow at the same rate, we grow in and out of affection.

I hope that you find your answers, and wish you love and light,

Mnem

rainwolf

I have two, not sure exactly what answers you want:
A romantic attraction:
***1***
**3*2**
*6*5*4
10*9*8*7
1-What is the attraction?
2-Is this person loving?
3-Can we have fun together?
4-Work and support each other?
5-Sexual compatability
6-Families get along?
7-Religious differences
8-problems with power/money?
9-Long term?
10-Outcome

Is he/she interested in me?
1*2*3*4*5
1-why attracted
2-how person sees querent
3-hidden desires of person
4-what is blocking
5-outcome, what will be of person and querent?

You can also make another line of 5 cards, one line to each person, and see how they compare. Or do a cover spread by placing a card behind each original card to give first card a precise meaning.

On a more personal note, ive done three card readings about the what does that person about me, and it didnt help a whole lot. It did fortell my obsession and depression, but not too much love in the cards...its best left to precise spreads, not just ones laid out.