Gestalt Tarot

Moongold

I picked up a new book yesterday, drawn to it intitially because it uses the Morgan Greer deck. The book is

Heart of Tarot: an intuituve approach
by Amber K & Azrael Arynnk
Llewellyn Worldwide 2002

The book is quite standard in that it takes the reader through each trump card and encourages her to describe what she sees and feels. The 'minor' cards are not covered in the same way but the technique can easily be applied to them.

The approach to reading is a little different in that the querent is perhaps more actively involved in the reading. The querent comments on each card drawn and a discussion about the meaning can follow. This discussion can evoke insights or feelings in quite an organic way. The approach reminds me a little of some kinds of counselling. I have never read professionally or even with anyone present but I can imagine that many readers would be really open to asking the querent what he or she sees in the card.

The book is very gentle and encourages an intuitive understanding of the Tarot. Has anyone else seen a copy?

Moongold

truthsayer

yes, there's another thread on this book in this section of the forum's archives. look back in the past 60 days.

Alex

I have not but I know what you mean

try to read for a child if you have a chance.

Children tend to look at the card and then look at you and say "you're kidding"; then they tell you what the card "means".

The best "intuitive" approach is to read with children. They see things you will not believe someone whith no training could see.

My son fears the Death and Wheel of Fortune card and by no means can he see anything soothing in those cards. When they show up for him he *simply* shuffles the cards again and sais that the deck was not "paying attention to the question". He can't look at the 2 of swords without asking "what's the problem w/ this guy?". He also thinks the woman in the 8 of Swords does not understand that she can get out of there and do whatever she wants.

Same with me until I was told over and over that "Death" more often means a "new beginning" and until I was educated about "defense mechanisms", denial included.

Regards

Alex.

SherryZoned

I just got this book..And I really like it!! Course I dont know how I can apply this to reading online..