Deck Books?

Tarot_Cupcake

Does anyone here use the book from a deck without using the deck itself? I guess I mean does anyone use one decks' book with another deck? Still doesn't sound right, but hope the question sounds clearer to everyone :).

catlin

I think this will happen to the book I got today: it's the book for the Jungian deck but I don't have the deck. I think this 34-week-program to the tarot is very interesting in it.

Rhiannon

I love getting decks with the big books because sometimes you can get a whole new perspective on a card. Even if it's just one card. Then you can take that info. and apply it to pretty much any deck you use!

EX: The way the Ancestral Path deck describes the Chariot as the Archetypal Hero. That made a whole lot of sense to me... and now the card makes more sense too. And I have a better way of explaining it to the people I read for.

R :)

Tarot_Cupcake

That is what I do too! I can still use my regular deck, but I can glean other ideas on the meaning of individual cards in my deck by looking at pics of other decks and reading their meanings in their book. It is really more like studying the deck from other prospectives!

cjtarot

Love the Book

Hi,

What I find is if the book that comes with most theme decks very interesting..I learnd alot about pagan symbols from my Sacred Circle book, about the legends of Arthur from the book that came with that deck.

I have not found that the book from 1 set helps or hurts my understanding of another..I find the decks so individual that the info from one set does not apply the the other set.

Blessings,

Cj

Liliana

Ive considered getting the Rock Art set for the book, the book sounded fascinating but i hated the deck. Maybe I will someday

:THP

Summerdream

Books and Decks

Hello! I always try to get the book that goes with the deck. I believe I gather much more insight in my readings after reading the artists perspective on the cards. I don't always agree with what they write but I like to get into their heads and see what they were seeing when they made the cards. I think by buying a variety of decks and reading the companion books it makes for a more well rounded reader. Sometimes something from one book stands out and I carry it over into another deck. I definately try to read anything tarot related I can get my hands on!

Maan

I have a few books of decks i don't own....i picked them up in a used bookstore.
And from all the boks a have learned alot....even only the fact that i did not need to have that deck cause i did not like the idea behind the deck or the artwork was hideouse IMO

Love and light
Maan

jema

one book that can very well be used to a lot of other decks is "Tarot of the spirit" by Eakins.

i find that most deck-books are rather slim and more often then not a real disappointment, just a bit more info then the LWB.

jmd

Personally, I tend to read each book in isolation of the deck it may have come with, and just allow it to further my store of background knowledge.

When either doing readings or meditating or 'entering' a card, I allow the card to speak for itself, its symbols and my general background knowledge forming part of the well from which I may draw, or the lense through which I may understand what is being presented. A book, though possibly illuminating such a reading or meditation from a different perspective, may also somewhat inhibit the situation from revealing its own special 'task'.