Creating a tarot book?

truthsayer

redwood,
if you check the thread under decks about the golden tarot, you'll see that retrokat knows a considerable amount about copyright laws. it might help you to read about her experiences.

Page

nice one

Hi Redwood,

A few others have recommeded a few names etc. I would do that, as they have all the submission details.

I'm doing the same!

Where do you live?? If it's in the UK I know a copyright Lawyer that you can speak to over the phone ........he is brill!

GOOD LUCK!
maud:)

Eyes of Night

I've only used angelfire as a host. It's ok, and there is an option about advertisments. You can either have a pop up window, or a header (i think that's what they're called) at the top of each page. Last time I checked, you got 50mb of free space, but I think it went down to 20mb (still not sure about that number).

I found this site that might help with the copyright. http://www.lissaexplains.com/stop.html

Sea Sprite

build a homepage on AOL for starters til you generate enough income to pay for a website that does not have those annoying pop up ads.

You could always put the copyright bit on each page but if someone should steal your material and publish it; can you be sure that just cuz you slapped the copyright warnings on each page, that it will stand up in court that you are the original owner of the material? Research the copyrights issue carefully.

Kyrielle

If none of the big publishing houses will have you, self-publish. You will get your stuff out there, and maybe a large house will pay attention and pick the book up for a second edition. Happens pretty frequently.

-- Kyrielle

SherryZoned

Thanks for all the info guys!! I appreciate it!

HudsonGray

My aunt & uncle self published a couple of childrens books. Check around for pricing at the printers though. AND about what they consider minimum # of copies. You have to foot the bill, and store them somewhere, and promote them AND get them into the local bookstores in a place where they can be seen. AND do book signings. It's a whole big thing.

Ravenswing

go to it!!

great news red--

couple of suggestions. along with the writer's guide, there's guides to agents. you might want to check into that.

about copyright--

once it hits the paper (or whatever... maybe, i still deal with paper manuscripts) it's yours. copyright registers it-- and i think it's only $10. another way is to mail yourself a copy, registered-- return reciept requested. DON'T OPEN IT

this'll hold up in any court. bring the sealed envelope and open it there. postmark determines the date, u.s. government says it's yours....

luck to you
raven

allibee

Did you know that Beatrix Potter was turned down by nearly 100 publishers. In the end she self published, and had a lot of publishers clambouring over her work just a little way down the line.!!!!

Laurel

Speaking of self-publishing, here is one of my favorite and least expensive publishers for going that route. I've known people who have worked with them and give them extremely high marks. I personally would self-publish something first, demonstrate that I'm marketable and then approach Weiser or Llewellyn... I personally favor the former over the latter, but my interests mesh well with what Weiser puts out and know that's not necessarily true for anyone else.

Here's the link
http://www.goldenpillarpublishing.com/

Laurel