double twist on the astrological year spread

lunalafey

Moongold said:

You mention month by month but have months grouped in signs.

Mercury must be effecting me and communications with others that have some common aspect in astrology- I have made understanding very difficult for a few people outside of AT as well- my mother is one- and she should be able to understand me regardless!

it is a month to month- but by sign- It must be in the other thread- but I specify that the 'months' are solar months- not calander months....
so the Capricorn card represents the 28/9 days that the sun is in Capricorn.....the Aries card is for the time from April 19 to May 20...

Dadsnook- I'm excited to hear that you are going to put this spread to work- please, PLEASE, let me know what things you discover......for you know the ins & outs of astrology much much better than I.

I will be getting around to posting the connections; I guess for this spread we can call them aspects, of elements, cards, planets, and signs- I have found that with just these combinations and connections- a reading within it's self....it gives a very direct expression of the major things working in my life currently- that will be a big part of the year ahead......

lunalafey

ASPECTS within the spread......

here are the 'results' of the connections I found and what they brought to my mind when I found them- starting with the Capricorn position, since that is where we are-

Capricorn/earth/saturn; is my Sun sign- the card that falls here is the Hermit- he's an Earth sign too{Virgo/Mercury} and Virgo is my rising and I have Mercury in Cap....
The Sun being our egos- rising being our personallity.....I found this combination amusing....So here is a parallel within this lay-out and my natal. Here is 'trine' enery? blending?..don't know what to call it. Just this one card with it's meaning both for the solar month and house associations tells of the major thing going on right at this moment. The Hermit is seeking something- he has a light, but he is in the dark.....that's exactly how I feel right now in regards to my daughter.{she's 7}......I have a light, (HOPE) but still can't find what I'm looking for.....my baby girl!
{some of you already heard- It was made public in the reading exchange when I did the seekers challenge- please- i dont need a bunch of....you must feel awful....how terrible.....etc.....nothing against sympathy, but that is negitive sympathy......I'm working on strength here.....as I said in read-X....if you feel bad about my situation....hugs are perfect.....
My Ex- is hidding my baby from me {important to know- he's a Capi too, but he's what I call a 'crappycorn'} He was to return her to me after his period of visitation{one week} that was Dec. 5.....he has not called.....he has not taken her to school. Her father, 'moves around' alot {couch surfer}.....so I don't know where to go to find her. He had given me an address, but when I went there, there was no such number- not even close! I feel powered by the situation though- because this is the 'dumb' thing I needed him to do to be able to change the custody agreement- He has handed me the 'light' to aquire what I have been seeking for years- sole custody- i have been hoping for something like this- but not quite like this. Mercury has his hand here too....the Hermit card is reversed.....possibly indicating a lack of communication, and wrongful messages- for my ex is spreading nasty rumours about how my s/o (who- by the way, is just like me with a Capi Sun and a Virgo rising-lol) is beating my kids- this, to me, is morbidly funny, for my ex is a man who can give a woman a black eye with a bed pillow (first incident of abuse I encounterd, I was hit so hard, it felt like my eyeball had popped out)......he's had a woman arrested for assult when he was the one packing the punch(not me- the one after me- but he lied to her and said that he sent me to jail for the same thing........WHAT???).....and we know capi to be represented in tarot as what????......the Devil......indeed I am up against a decietful, lying, cruel, irrisponsible person.....a devil of the flesh- my ex does a brilliant job of representing every meaning with in that card(XV)- no joke! being that Capi is my fifth house, we are looking at the party room in the house- and this is NO party! (rev. hermit).....
SO much from so little- I have not even thought about the influence of Saturn in all this- time I suppose......that this is the 'moment in time'....'my time has come' sort of thing when it comes to my daughter and custody.....all this and I have not even opened one book to find all the little things about tarot & astrology I don't recall....

lunalafey

I cannot really add much more on the Hermit card~
just some notes of this reading, based on the time that has gone by. But it's those reflections that ring true with the nature of the Hermit~
*The Hermit has me searching for meaning- literaly. I understand him as the card he is....but how does his nature fit to my solar month. I am currently on a search for my daughter, if one wants to stick with symbolic associations.....
does the reversed suggest that she will not be found until after the sun moves out of Capricorn? I can state that she {a Virgo rising} is missing & I'm {a Virgo rising} looking for her.
Since I'm a Virgo rising, does the Hermit reversed tell me I'm not looking hard enough? There are many angles to look at the Hermit here.....gives me lots to think on.
In regards to 5th House issues- don't gamble- LOL....
~my Daughter is missing, the 5th Hs. deals with children, but for the position, this reflects the year as a whole. I am seeking sole custody because of this incident. There will be court dates to attend to. I anticipate the first 3 months of the year will be dedicated to this, but it could be a long ordeal. The end result will be {hopefully}no more head aches with her father and his controlling games. Jupiter is in Virg in my natal, and even though retrograde, remains there in my progressed chart. Currently in the sign of Virgo, is Jupiter {to far in degrees for a conjunction though}

I wonder what card for future solar month might imply when this ordeal will be over?
there could be more info in this spread than anticipated....what does Libra hold?.....6 of Wands...hmm....what about 8th hs?...5 of Pentacles?.....
any thoughts?

has anyone else tried this out?

Moongold

(((((luna)))))

I think you have an amazingly interesting spread which I am just beginning to understand.

Tomorrow (Sunday) I plan to spend some uninterrupted time on it.

Many bright blessings to you and your daughter. May the Hermit's lantern lead the way to her. She will be in an unexpected place.

Moongold

Melvis

Luna, what a fabulous spread! :)

Now I must warn you that I know very little about correct astrological terminology, but when I saw your sample spread listed above, it made me think of those cardboard disks that you would use to calculate something, where you line up something on one disk with something on the second disk behind it, and the result was your answer. I'm still a little fuzzy on the particulars, but I get the concept, and I like the flexibility of it.

Hmmm...did that make any sense?

Okay, so what I did to make it easier to understand was create just such a 'disk' in my handy computer program. I've posted a picture of it on my website here, using Luna's sample spread above for the initial positioning.

Is this right, Luna? Let me know if I screwed anything up and I'll redo the picture. Maybe it will help others to see how the spread lays out.

Of course, the picture is far too small to use as a life-size layout guide, but I think it helps to figure out the correct positioning.

(P.S. You might want to print the page at about 80% or so of full-size, as when I printed it the instruction on the bottom was lost.)

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

lunalafey

disk thing YES!- I thought of it too....invisioned it while trying to explain the 'rotation' of house rising sign etc.

one snag though-
what is an important aspect to this spread is the time when it is done....start with the year, not the house.....
the first card pulled is in the position of the solar month {now being Capricorn}
so your paragraph would say : "To throw the spread, place the first card at the position the Sun is currently in........." {for what ever Universal magic is out there, this connects the cards to the stars in real time}
For House associations, turn the wheel to the persons first house sign.....in my case Virgo.....
so you have it right, just opposite:D

Melvis

Aha! My inexperience with all things astrological shows, doesn't it? ;)

I will fix it shortly...Done! Is it right, yet?

Thanks again for sharing the spread! I think it will be a good way for me to learn all those pesky details about Signs and Houses and things! }) :D

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

lunalafey

beautiful!

Melvis said:

I will fix it shortly...Done! Is it right, yet?

I think it will be a good way for me to learn all those pesky details about Signs and Houses and things! }) :D

I've got the signs down, but the houses is what I need to work on. I'm hoping it will help me too....

lunalafey

well, I'm half-way to my next solar month where the Queen of Wands resides in her 6th house.....
For the month, I'm looking at the queen as a prediction, that the child I created and bonded with will be 'found' & returned.....
What ever court appearances I will have begin right before the Aquarian month (14th). I feel the queen expressing that I have the upper hand in this sitution, for I do!....my ex hs taken every wrong step to 'gain sole custody'.....kinda backwards logic or something....He was seen by a friend infront of the county courthouse with some 'papers'......I have already filed, he's just now filing???....seems sorta silly when he's breaking the law in regards to the custody agreement....lol....Also, the judge that oversees family law cases is a woman.
The 6th house deals with work and everyday life. I hope that this indicates business t work will be better this year as well as being able to get some substantail income from my business~ selling my creative works- I want to get back to attending festivals in the spring and summer.

I have been using so many decks right now that I could not recall what deck I used for the spread, I have just had so many different wand queens go through my mind.....but then.....lookie here, 12 cards tucked in a book.....hey! there's the Hermit, OH and the Queen, I used my 'new visions'. The image is an older woman and young girl seated behind the queen's throne, the back of the throne is carved with the 'front' view of the queen.
The older woman, gives the young girl a comforting and nurturing touch. The Queen that sits in the throne {the two other females that are hidden or protected by} could signify the female judge