"your name" spread

HelensLight

Confused

I'm so confused. LOL

rwcarter

What don't you understand HelensLight?

Egypt

Message me

I would really like to do ths spread but i am having a bit of a hard time understanding everything.If you or someone could message me and help me to better understand how this us dine i would be very greatful! As this seems like an amazing spread.

DesertDream

I wanted to bump this thread to see if if someone knows if I am doing this right.

*First name 6 letters easy... xx-xx-xx past, present, future
*Middle name 8 letters (according to directions balance means 3 cards in the middle and two on each side) xx-xxxx-xx obsticals-self-allies
*Last name 7 letter(divided in 5 parts, this is the most tricky part, directions said each part at least gets one card then the middle three if needed, for balanc) X-x-xxx-x-x for body, mind, spirit, emotions, will
I think this is right, anybody have ideas?

So my spread should go like this(I think):
Past(2)--Present(2)--Future(2)
Obsticals(2)--Self(4)--Allies(2)
Body(1)--Mind(1)--Spirit(3)--Emotions(1)--Will(1)

Wow thats 21 cards! :O

rwcarter

*Middle name 8 letters (according to directions balance means 3 cards in the middle and two on each side) xx-xxxx-xx obsticals-self-allies
You counted 7 (2+3+2), but you wrote 8 (2+4+2). I would balance 8 letters as 3+2+3.

*Last name 7 letter(divided in 5 parts, this is the most tricky part, directions said each part at least gets one card then the middle three if needed, for balanc) X-x-xxx-x-x for body, mind, spirit, emotions, will
As laid out in the opening post, that is correct, but I would also balance that differently as 1+2+1+2+1.

I think this is right, anybody have ideas?

So my spread should go like this(I think):
Past(2)--Present(2)--Future(2)
Obsticals(2)--Self(4)--Allies(2)
Body(1)--Mind(1)--Spirit(3)--Emotions(1)--Will(1)

Wow thats 21 cards! :O
As originally posted, the way the cards are balanced focuses on the Present Self Spirit as they get the most cards. I guess that's not a bad thing to know.

And while the spread might be 21 cards because of the length of your name, you're really doing 3 readings - Past/Present/Future of 6 cards, then Obstacles/Self/Allies of 8 cards and finally a Body/Mind/Spirit/Emotions/Will spread of 7 cards. So think of it as 3 smaller readings, not one large reading. ;)

HTH,
Rodney

DesertDream

You counted 7 (2+3+2), but you wrote 8 (2+4+2). I would balance 8 letters as 3+2+3.

I'm only 3 years old Rodney, jeez gimme a break! Lol jk!

As laid out in the opening post, that is correct, but I would also balance that differently as 1+2+1+2+1.

Ah, this balanced a lot better, thanks so much!!!

And while the spread might be 21 cards because of the length of your name, you're really doing 3 readings - Past/Present/Future of 6 cards, then Obstacles/Self/Allies of 8 cards and finally a Body/Mind/Spirit/Emotions/Will spread of 7 cards. So think of it as 3 smaller readings, not one large reading. ;)

HTH,
Rodney

Thank you, but yeah I am not into big spreads and if I was to see how my 3 names all went together with all the cards I feel I would be making connections for eons lol! But I see what your saying. Thanks again, I am going to use the layout you gave and go try this spread!