Spirit De La Lune

flyingfoxtarot

Ooh your post makes me even more excited!! I think mine should be here today or tomorrow. Thank you for the suggestions on combining with tarot! I think I'm going to need to get on Instagram as well- this is the second time this week someone has recommended tarot-related Instagrams to me. I will post here when I get mine. The moon energy has been so powerful this week!! :love:

Yay! I hope your deck arrived safe and sound!

Combining tarot and oracle decks has been my jam lately. When I first got into tarot, I was not feeling the whole oracle deck thing. It didn't help that the decks I kept looking at were very touchy-feely or very angel driven, and I couldn't connect with them. Now that I've found oracle decks that I relate to, I love the energies they add to my tarot readings. Kelly (Truth in the Story on YouTube and Instagram) has some great thoughts on combining different systems (oracle decks with tarot, tarot with Lenormand, tarot and oracle wit geomancy, etc).

I have found Instagram to be really helpful in my tarot studies. I try to take pictures of spreads and daily draws that I've done, so then I can look back and have a visual record of everything. It's also kind of enabling, since you can see lots of super pretty decks.

RavenOfSummer

Yay! I hope your deck arrived safe and sound!

Combining tarot and oracle decks has been my jam lately. When I first got into tarot, I was not feeling the whole oracle deck thing. It didn't help that the decks I kept looking at were very touchy-feely or very angel driven, and I couldn't connect with them. Now that I've found oracle decks that I relate to, I love the energies they add to my tarot readings. Kelly (Truth in the Story on YouTube and Instagram) has some great thoughts on combining different systems (oracle decks with tarot, tarot with Lenormand, tarot and oracle wit geomancy, etc).

I have found Instagram to be really helpful in my tarot studies. I try to take pictures of spreads and daily draws that I've done, so then I can look back and have a visual record of everything. It's also kind of enabling, since you can see lots of super pretty decks.

Thanks for the ideas flyingfoxtarot! I did indeed receive my SdlL and it is beautiful, though I've been so busy the past couple of weeks I haven't had a chance to do more than look through it. I'm actually planning to head over to the Deck of the Week sign-up now (my first time signing up!) to declare my devotion to this deck for the current week! Hopefully I'll start to get to know this deck :)

I also take picture of almost all of my readings, and try to journal about most of them as well. I find it helps me both to build my relationship with my decks and also to integrate the wisdom of the reading into my life. I still have not signed up for Instagram but since everyone keeps telling me it's great for tarot/oracle I suppose I should finally do that!

Any particular tarot decks you are pairing with your Spirit de la Lune?

Dogs&Coffee

I just ordered this so fast I think I got whiplash

RavenOfSummer

Do you still enjoy working with this deck? I just ordered a copy and was curious if it's held it's charm all this time for you.

I do still love it DaughterofDanu! It's wonderful both for divination and for working with as part of a lunar practice. The cards really speak to me [emoji173]

DaughterOfDanu

I do still love it DaughterofDanu! It's wonderful both for divination and for working with as part of a lunar practice. The cards really speak to me [emoji173]

That's great! That's what stuck out to me about the cards. I could see myself pulling out the corresponding cards to full moons and other lunar events and meditating on them :) I can't wait to get my set!

Anyone know what the difference is between the first and second editions? From what I can see the second edition comes with a box instead of a tin and bag but does anyone know if there's any changes to the cards themselves?

RavenOfSummer

That's great! That's what stuck out to me about the cards. I could see myself pulling out the corresponding cards to full moons and other lunar events and meditating on them :) I can't wait to get my set!

Anyone know what the difference is between the first and second editions? From what I can see the second edition comes with a box instead of a tin and bag but does anyone know if there's any changes to the cards themselves?

Yes, it is wonderful for that! I think it's really helpful for deepening your lunar practice. I'm sure you will love it :)

I only have the second edition, but I did read about the differences. In addition to the box instead of the tin, there are two differences with the cards themselves:

1) The font on the cards is slightly bigger in the second edition. I think there were some issues with some readers finding the words printed on the cards difficult to read in the first edition.

2) The design of the card backs has silver foil stamping in the second edition. In the first edition this pattern was printed in white. Silver was the original vision of the creators, but they weren't able to find a printer who could do it for a reasonable price until the second edition.

I believe they also expanded the guidebook for the second edition, but I don't know they details of that. Again I don't have the first edition, but the guidebook that comes with the second edition is excellent.

DaughterOfDanu

Yes, it is wonderful for that! I think it's really helpful for deepening your lunar practice. I'm sure you will love it :)

I only have the second edition, but I did read about the differences. In addition to the box instead of the tin, there are two differences with the cards themselves:

1) The font on the cards is slightly bigger in the second edition. I think there were some issues with some readers finding the words printed on the cards difficult to read in the first edition.

2) The design of the card backs has silver foil stamping in the second edition. In the first edition this pattern was printed in white. Silver was the original vision of the creators, but they weren't able to find a printer who could do it for a reasonable price until the second edition.

I believe they also expanded the guidebook for the second edition, but I don't know they details of that. Again I don't have the first edition, but the guidebook that comes with the second edition is excellent.

Sounds like I'm getting a fantastic deck!
My issue with shipping was resolved quickly and my deck is due in Friday :D