New Age Thoth Clones: Split off from Crowley Biographies

Grigori

Yes, if lean towards the former also. The Devil being changed to The Joker doesn't strike me as Thelemic, I suspect more that the authors have borrowed inspiration without the underlying reasons. But it's another deck that folks might like, and certainly seems a 'new age' variant on the Thoth structure.

Aeon418

The Devil being changed to The Joker doesn't strike me as Thelemic, I suspect more that the authors have borrowed inspiration without the underlying reasons. But it's another deck that folks might like, and certainly seems a 'new age' variant on the Thoth structure.

I guess you're right. Although it does seem a little odd to have two zodiacal Trumps that seemingly have very little to do with their signs apart from a glyph in the lower right hand corner.

I suppose there's a couple of ways you could shoehorn trickster-raven symbolism onto the path of Ayin, but I can't really see a connection to Capricorn.

And being a Capricorn it's things like that that really get my goat. })

ravenest

I suppose there's a couple of ways you could shoehorn trickster-raven symbolism onto the path of Ayin, but I can't really see a connection to Capricorn.

And being a Capricorn it's things like that that really get my goat. })

Really ! ! ! :laugh: Well, you should talk to a Raven that was born in the year of the goat :)

<aside - that deck gets my goat generally and my raven wants to peck it>

Freddie

Interesting thread, a short while ago, I had my debt card out and was getting ready to check out when I changed my mind on this Thoth clone. Why would I want a deck without my favourites like Knight of Disks or Prince of Queen of Swords? I guess my reasoning was that Thoth is quite blunt, so maybe a softer approach would be better for sitters. I have came to conclusion that if someone want fluffy bunnies and smoke blown up their ass, then I am the wrong person to read for him/her. Most Thoth readers tend to be straightforward as well as intellectual, so I don't think the clones will ever overshadow the Thoth, Crowley or Harris.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/rosetta/

Thoth is a deck that cannot be improved (I feel the same about the RW...well Royal Fez is a good one...). It has taken myself and my wallet a good amount of time and money to understand this. All I have ever needed or used were the three classic decks, Thoth, Waite and Marseille (of some variation, I prefer Grimaud) and I am ashamed to admit I have spent a good deal of cash on clones of all three.

Freddie