Reading to converse with the Dead?

DestroyTheHuman

boogy man

Yeah, but the chant sounds so much cooler! ;) heheh

lunar_rabbit

I think the chants and rhymes are used to put you in the right frame of mind. If you chant something over and over, it puts you into a meditative state. Also can make you *feel* like you're doing something spiritual or magickal, which sometimes is more than half the battle.

Just my two cents :)

Ivy Rhiannon

lunar_rabbit said:
I think the chants and rhymes are used to put you in the right frame of mind. If you chant something over and over, it puts you into a meditative state. Also can make you *feel* like you're doing something spiritual or magickal, which sometimes is more than half the battle.

Your absolutly right lunar rabbit! I tried the link, but couldnt get to the page lunafey...

tao51

I have used the tarot cards in this

fashion. I never have used a chant but their purpose is to focus a certain energy. I really prefer to use more historical decks to this purpose. I do not reccomend this to the neophyte. --Tao

Flavio

I have been tempted to use Tarot to talk to my recently deceased father but somehow I feel wrong about it, dead people is supposed to "rest in peace", I'd love to talk to him but at the same time feel like disturbing him, I am also worried this kind of communication causes some karma or any other kind of consequence.

Most of you are more into spirituality than I am so you can help me enlighting me with your comments about talkind to dead people, is it right, wrong? Thank you

tao51

Speaking to the deceased

I see nothing wrong with it. I feel those people sometimes would like to speak to others. My decesed father has spoken to me on several occassions.--Tao

Xarokys

Flavio said:
I have been tempted to use Tarot to talk to my recently deceased father but somehow I feel wrong about it, dead people is supposed to "rest in peace", I'd love to talk to him but at the same time feel like disturbing him, I am also worried this kind of communication causes some karma or any other kind of consequence.

Most of you are more into spirituality than I am so you can help me enlighting me with your comments about talkind to dead people, is it right, wrong? Thank you

Hi Flavio,

I don't think there's anything wrong with using Tarot cards to try to speak with the deceased. They don't have to answer if they don't want to, so you aren't disturbing their rest. Sometimes a person who has passed over may have something he or she wants to communicate. However, if you feel uncomfortable doing it, then you shouldn't do it. I think you should listen to your intuition in this matter.

I've only tried this once, but I really do believe I connected with my deceased grandmother. It was a very positive and loving reading, and it gave me peace of mind, and enabled me to forgive myself for some things that I had been feeling guilty about, like not visiting her very much before she died.

Becky

tao51

I understand your feelings

I helped an individual who had too much guilt about his mother. The reading was one of healing. They had so many arguments and fights. (I was saddened because I had forseen the period prior to her death. I advised him to make amends at that time.)--Tao

Umbrae

Flavio said:
…dead people is supposed to "rest in peace", I'd love to talk to him but at the same time feel like disturbing him…

The issue with ‘the dead’ is that we place our worldly values upon them – we see them as ‘hanging around, waiting’…like at a station or something.

Are they?

Or perhaps they have more important things to do; on some level or some plane…then we call them back.

You know how you feel when somebody phones you and you’re in the middle of something?

Usually they come by to look in on us before they head off to where ever they are going, we just do not have an awareness of them.

Sometimes they don’t know they are dead – and are confused – and nearby, communication is easier in such cases (ever see the movie “The Others”?).

Pssssssssst...one last thing...Does Granny speak latin? And how would she feel about you using Latin or Hebrew to contact her? How would she feel about chanting? Silly waste of time, but if you need it to focus your mind...I suppose...but then I know how my paternal Granny would react...Now if I addressed her in Quebecois...

lunalafey

Ivy Rhiannon said:
I tried the link, but couldnt get to the page lunafey...

I just checked it & it works- Hmm....
If you still have trouble PM me and I'll get the info to you