3 of swords rx as how a past love interest sees you

intuitivetarot

Refusing to move on? Reconciliation and ready to move on? I don't know if this makes sense, but perhaps because I got 7 of swords rx as how I can remedy the situation, I think I need to unveil the truth and communicate with him? I have had a feeling he thinks I was seeing other people because he so rudely told me not to be sorry without clarifying why I was apologizing. I never replied to him.

Thirteen

3 Swords isn't about moving on. It's about dealing with hurtful/painful information. Gritting your teeth and saying, "Tell me..." or "I need to say something..." Once that's done, THEN the person can move on, so, yes, 3/Swords rx means they can't move on, but it isn't the desire to move on that's being blocked here. It's facing the mental anguish that's being blocked. Rx, therefore, means that this person can't or won't hear what you want to tell him, because he's afraid of the pain. Rather like refusing to go to the doctor's because he's afraid that he'll hear whatever's wrong with him is really bad. He fears the worse and doesn't want to hear it.

7/Swords rx as how to remedy it...stop tippy-toeing around. 7/Swords is often about being sneaky and secretive because you think honesty and straightforwardness would cause trouble. Well...it will cause trouble, but that's what's needed. So yes, tell him the truth. Rudely. Bluntly. And without apologies. Don't be polite. Don't be nice. Don't be discreet or delicate. And don't let him dictate what he needs to hear. That's what he's doing. And like not going to a doctor, it simply means he's not learning something he really, really needs to know. Something that will help him heal if he does hear it.

headincloud

The pain of the split is ending in 3S, it seems to be tied into lies, deceit and/or betrayal, head games too.

Thirteen

The pain of the split is ending in 3S, it seems to be tied into lies, deceit and/or betrayal, head games too.
But this is 3S REVERSED. What does that mean as compared to straight up 3S?

nisaba

Refusing to move on? Reconciliation and ready to move on?

Well, to be fair, what's "what they intend to do", not "how they see you". The card is answering what you asked, not something you didn't ask.

Perhaps they see you as the person who freed them from being emotionally stuck. That makes sense even if they do believe you were unfaithful They may take the "unfaithfulness" as a bottom-line thing and just walk away from you a free person, while anything "less" in their eyes would have had them hanging around with you, feeling emotional pain all the time.

But for whatever reason, you have freed them from emotional pain, even if that means they just don't have enough of an emotional connection with you to communicate with you.

intuitivetarot

3 Swords isn't about moving on. It's about dealing with hurtful/painful information. Gritting your teeth and saying, "Tell me..." or "I need to say something..." Once that's done, THEN the person can move on, so, yes, 3/Swords rx means they can't move on, but it isn't the desire to move on that's being blocked here. It's facing the mental anguish that's being blocked. Rx, therefore, means that this person can't or won't hear what you want to tell him, because he's afraid of the pain. Rather like refusing to go to the doctor's because he's afraid that he'll hear whatever's wrong with him is really bad. He fears the worse and doesn't want to hear it.

Yes, I can see now that 3/Swords Rx is a temporary fix, like a gross coverup of an anticipated (possibly falsely) heartbreak. But I don't understand how 3/Swords Rx as "How he sees me" indicates that HE is afraid of possible pain from knowing and not ME fearing being judged and criticized for opening up and telling the truth straightforwardly. Can you please clarify?

7/Swords rx as how to remedy it...stop tippy-toeing around. 7/Swords is often about being sneaky and secretive because you think honesty and straightforwardness would cause trouble.

This, again, makes me wonder why 3/Swords Rx as "How he sees me" was interpreted from the perspective of HIS fears. There are some things I just need to get off my chest. A bigger question I have is if 7/Swords even requires me to contact him at all. What if his blunt message had turned my world upside down (as it had) because it got me wondering if HE has been seeing other people? I think with your clarification on the perspective of 3/Swords Rx, 7/Swords Rx may clear up my questions about the remedy. Do I tell him the truth straightforwardly? Or self-realize his true colors?

Thanks so much for the input, Thirteen! :)

intuitivetarot

Me experiencing the reduced pain of 3/Swords Upright is possible for 3/Swords Rx as "How someone sees me", but doesn't necessarily answer to 7/Swords Rx as "How I can remedy/fix 3/Swords Rx as 'How he sees me'". From one standpoint, Why would degrading pain even need to be remedied? From another, can 7/Swords Rx be read along the lines of "take no action"? I have trouble seeing how 7/Swords Rx as a remedy criticizes pain ending and how 7/Swords Rx warns against indiscretion. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on the 7/Swords Rx, thanks for your feedback! :)

Thirteen

3/Swords Rx as "How he sees me" indicates that HE is afraid of possible pain from knowing and not ME fearing being judged and criticized for opening up and telling the truth straightforwardly. Can you please clarify?
You're right. What I said didn't clarify how he saw you. I only responded to how you were interpreting the 3/Swords rx.

He sees you as someone who has kept the truth from him. For the right reasons, but it's still wrong and you're to blame for him not being able to move on because you won't tell him that truth and let him say "I knew it!" Which puts you in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. If you deny betraying him, he'll say you're keeping the truth from him. If you admit to it (just because), he'll say, "I knew it" and call you a cheater.

As for should you/should you not contact him...that's another question. And you probably know the answer already as you know you, and you know him. The cards aren't there to tell you what to do; they're there to tell you what is likely to happen if you do X or Y. So, ask them. What will happen if you contact him and, as the 7/Swords rx advises, say what you have to say, straight out, no evasions? What will happen if you don't contact him?

If you don't already know the answer, do another reading with the 7/Swords rx out on the table (Moderator reminder: Do not post in this thread! For help, give this reading its own post in Your Readings. You can, however, post a link to that reading in this thread). Ask the cards--what will happen if you contact him and do this? What will happen if you don't contact him at all? Because the 7/Swords rx doesn't say "contact/don't contact" it simply says "if there is contact...be blunt."

headincloud

I read the reversed card but wrote 3S. It means the energy and intensity of the 3S upright is easing or a split which was difficult but not devastating (amongst other inter). I'm reading it as a split that's already happened and 7S rx as something that needs to be released, things not working out, time to let go and step away. This is what he sees you doing and experiencing and it's highly likely he see's you as deceitful or playing head games or guilty and not wanting to face the music. Obviously you know the situation.