Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Dreaming Way Tarot Question

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Nemia 
Citizen

The outfits are based on Korean traditional garb, and that's why they look strange sometimes, but I find them very chic and interesting.

For me, this deck is a consistently good reading deck.

There is an interview with the artists somewhere on the net where they explain the background of some cards. The High Priestess for example. It was very interesting. I love having these European motifs, steeped as they are in Christian and Classical iconography, put through a non-European lens. It's the effect Brecht calls Alienation (Entfremdung), just enough removed from the usual representations, that makes it come alive for me.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
counting 6 impossible things before breakfast

Glass Owl 
counting 6 impossible things before breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalrose View Post
I recently bought the Dreaming Way and I like it! it reads well, like a storybook. And I love the color palette, very soft and dreamy. I agree the Moon is kind of bland. But the Card that bugs me more is the Star. She's wearing an apron! I don't get any of the usual meanings of hope, healing, faith from that image.
It reminded me of a storybook too, which was a major reason why I decided to buy it. I am really enjoying its dreamy, pastel colors and simplicity. But yes, there are some cards that seem odd to me as well but I think that is part of its charm.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.