yes & no questions

naturegirlnm

I am trying to figure out a good way to answer yes & no questions, I've read you can use only the major arcana and if it feels like a fairly positive card to you then the answer is yes and if if feels like a neg. one, the answer is no. I've also used the whole deck and used the same approach, I am curious how others do this? please share. Thanks

Liliana

I know people who use reversals who draw a card and if its upright its yes, reversed is no

:THP

amyel

I tend to avoid yes & no questions and ask my querents to do the same. But if you want to use them, I think the book "Tarot in Ten Minutes" explains how to use this. I don't use the book much anymore, but I seem to recall it handles this.

If I'm wrong about the book, someone please correct me! We are renovating our basement and all my books are packed up at present, so I can't check.

kayne

I would probably flip a coin. Sounds trivial but I'd then use tarot to expand on the answer - give me more info about this answer, background, why, how etc...

Maan

I believe i have come across one.
It looked something like this:

It had three cards

1 counted 1 time
2 counted 2 times
3 counted 1 time

Reversed means no and up right means yes. So if 1 was upright and 2 reversed and 3 up right thinks stay undecided.

Hope this make's sence:)

Dagda

I usually approach it one of two ways, with the entire deck in hand.

One way is a three to five card line spread. Upright=Yes, Reversed=No. ...Just count how many you see! ;)

The other way......

First pile....lay cards until there is 13 in the pile OR an Ace appears, which ever comes first. Do the same for a second and third pile.

3 Aces=Yes
2 Aces=Yes, but.....(and look to the other card for factors to consider)
1 Ace= No, but.....(and look to the other cards for factors to consider)
0 Aces= No

Both work rather well for me. :D

phirefly

my method is a bit different from those i've seen. i don't use reversals usually and tend to keep my cards all facing the same way, so that method would almost always bring a positive answer ;} i guess mine is a little more intuitive... it depends on what the question is. something like "should i take this job?" answered by the 3 of coins (gain) would be positive, while something like the 8 of swords (conflict) might be negative, or at least a warning. so far, it's worked well for me. i tend to do three card pulls even for yes/no questions, but that's just because my deck seems happier speaking three cards at a time.

blumoon

i sometimes use a 5 card spread to get a yes/no answer
it works like this...
you think of a question to ask, do your normal shuffle/choosing of cards, i usually lay them out in a straight line but you can do whatever you wish :)
reversed = no and upright = yes
so when you turn over your chosen 5 cards look to see how many are reversed and how many are upright, 3 or more upright cards is a yes and 3 or more reversed cards is a no.

:)

jmd

Using the full pack, and doing a single card reading, if an Ace or the Magician comes out, I take it to be a definite yes, otherwise, I let the card reveal other aspects of the situation.

moonsinger

yes or no spreads

This old gypsie method works great for me...Try it!

For yes or no questions, I like to take the entire deck and shuffle it while quietly asking the question out loud. I began to lay them out when I feel "done" shuffling. I place cards in a single pile until I reach an ace, then I start a pile next to the first one, also stopping when I reach an ace. Last pile goes to the right, adding cards on till another ace is reached. This card is the answer, upright is yes, upside down is no. The other aces give more insight into that answer.