2010: how is it going to be for you?

sapienza

Gazel said:
I hope it is allright that I've commented specifically on your goals, I just find them inspiring and interesting.

Good luck, sapienza.

Thanks so much for the positive feedback Gazel. :) I worked intensively with the Alchemical and found it so very rewarding. I hope you enjoy it as well. I also struggle with the concept of an IDS but I'm hoping in 2010 I'll be a bit less scattered than I have been this past six months.

I started the writing project last week. I just write off the top of my head everything I know about the card. I guess I follow a basic format and include the historical symbolism and meanings, Golden Dawn attributions and meanings, mythological associations and my own personal experiences and understanding of the card. It should be pretty decent document if I can stick to it until the end. I just love the idea of having a record of what I knew or believed about tarot at a set point in time. Whether I can stick with it or not, only time will tell.

WolfSpirit

Deck buying:
I will keep buying decks, but I will give myself some time to think about it before I actually spend money. I will have to, because my funds are not unlimited and the decks I have left on my wishlist are the more expensive ones (privately published and such)
I am already making payments towards the Gaian, and I have just ordered the Far Sight Tarot (for my birthday in January).

Study:
I am at the moment more busy with meditation and visualisation than with divination but I still do readings as well. Tarot will still play an important role.
I just got the book The Magical World of the Tarot by Gareth Knight, I got it on a whim because it was very cheap from a secondhand shop, but it looks very interesting. I will invest some time in that as well.
And I will write down more (both tarot and other spiritual practices), I know I should but hardly ever do.
And I will train myself to think outside the box more :)

Gazel

sapienza said:
I started the writing project last week. I just write off the top of my head everything I know about the card. I guess I follow a basic format and include the historical symbolism and meanings, Golden Dawn attributions and meanings, mythological associations and my own personal experiences and understanding of the card. It should be pretty decent document if I can stick to it until the end. I just love the idea of having a record of what I knew or believed about tarot at a set point in time. Whether I can stick with it or not, only time will tell.

Just out of curiosity - do you do that for one of the specific decks you mentioned or just for tarot in general?

I'm curious because I would like - as a future project - to do that for the UW. In dabish - and maybe publish it as an e-book, if it is worth something that is.

sapienza

I do it for tarot in general, but I find myself referring to the Marseille/Soprafino, the Thoth/Waite and the Mythic, which is basically why I've chosen the decks I have to focus on this year. For me, it's tying together the history, the Golden Dawn meanings and the Myths to come up with my own personal view of each card.

I was thinking of doing the PDR but it wouldn't really work as I'm not focusing on one primary deck.

Gazel

sapienza said:
I do it for tarot in general, but I find myself referring to the Marseille/Soprafino, the Thoth/Waite and the Mythic, which is basically why I've chosen the decks I have to focus on this year. For me, it's tying together the history, the Golden Dawn meanings and the Myths to come up with my own personal view of each card.

I was thinking of doing the PDR but it wouldn't really work as I'm not focusing on one primary deck.

I guess I should not have written "just tarot in general" - because that is quite a mouthful. I think your project is really interesting, and doing this will serve you great, I think as a personal record. As it would all that toke the time and effort to do so.

As for the PDR - I see your point. And I'm not really working with one deck either, I must admit - but I think that the Alchemical has become my primary deck (for study and for readings and use for my self). Then I have some business going on with the TDM, which I have come to find more and more interesting during 2009.

Lula Jing

Tarot goal - working more with what I already have (books and decks) and joining in the reading circles.

I recently bought 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card (Mary K Greer) and Tarot Plain and Simple (Anthony Louis). Looking fwd to reading both books page by page.

Haven't bought a deck for ages. Like others here, my interest in acquiring new decks has dwindled over the last couple of years and I tend to stick with my current favourites - Hanson Roberts, Morgan Greer, Victorian Romantic - although I still enjoy some of my other decks from time to time if the mood takes me.

What surprises me is that since getting my first card reading at 18 and buying my first deck at 37, I've never lost interest and it continues to fascinate me. Can't say that about anything else!!!

Shy :)

Logiatrix

My Tarot Goals for 2010...

No more reading job at the meta store, so it's back to coffee shops; I'm already building back my client base.

In 2010, tarot reading is going to be fun again. Not work - FUN.

By Friday, I'll have decided on a different reading deck to start the New Year.

Also by January 1, I'll be digging out my tarot journal to enjoy again.

Throughout January, my SO and I will create a database of all my decks.

A friend and I will be doing a regular study of the Thoth, as soon as her deck is trimmed and sent back.

In the Spring, I'm starting a tarot meetup group.

By the end of the year, I'd like to have a blog or website devoted to tarot.

In 2010, I'm also back to writing my book.

:heart:PEACE,
Tauni

jantigercat

Let's see here's mine:

Study the Tarot de Marseille intensively. I got the deck a few weeks ago but never got serious with digging deeper into it especially the unillustrated pip cards.

Also, I am thinking of doing tarot readings as a part time job. :) There are not much tarot card readers in my city.

And most of all, teach my younger sister how to read the cards...I have a feeling that she is interesting to learn the tarot but is quite afraid to do it because of my disapproving mother!

My vain wish: Have a great love life this coming 2010. Hehe...

Myrrha

I still have a few cards to go on my study looking at the Cosmic Tarot and Thoth. I'll finish that this year. My interest in decks and approaches to tarot goes in cycles and I've learned not to soldier on with a deck or study but let it go for a while and pick it up again when the time comes back around.

I'll also be using the Legacy of the Divine for a PDR. I'm curious about whether the elemental dignities I'm learning about in the Thoth group and the astrological information I've learned in my study can add to my readings with that deck.

I'd like to take an online tarot class or classes and do more readings for people both online and face to face.

Lysh

My goals for 2010 is to, not only read more, but continue to learn how to trust what I see.

I trust in what I see is my affirmation for this year.