2010 Top Ten Decks

Chiska

I get what you are saying, gregory. I really do!!

It becomes a popularity contest with "favorite" as the deciding factor. "Best" connotates something greater, more universal.

For me, I didn't really think about it because the Thoth fills both of those slots for me! I can see where it would be a serious distinction, though.

gregory

I love you !!!! :*

(this is SUCH a THING for me every year !!!)

rachelcat

Still dithering over lists . . . Don't forget Tarot of Physics and Science Tarot.

ETA: Oops, Cardlady already had Science.

And now I'm thinking I might have to be controversial and vote for a second version--The Rabbits! (or not . . .)

Alamaris

I'm torn. Looking at the lists, I think the Vampyres is the best of the year, but it's not this grand overarching be-all-end-all thing -- it's just a good, well thought out deck. Doesn't compare to some of the greats at all. But compared to all the other contenders, it's the only one I can see myself voting for.

Sure, the Shadowscapes has phenomenal art (that's what I bought it for) but the images are too small to do it justice, and it feels like Yet Another Pretty RWS Clone.

And I had such high hopes for the Sun And Moon, only to be wildly disappointed.

Hm. :/

Somehow I think voting for my all time favorite deck will be easier, despite the increased amount of choices.

toddoc33

I personally voted for the Steampunk Tarot as it has become a primary reading deck for me (for myself and others). 2 others that came to mind, but were not on the "What's New" list for 2010, are the "Victorian Trading Card Tarot" and "The Art Postcard Tarot" by Marcia McCord (I noticed her "Picture Postcard Tarot" was on there, though). I bought both of these & love 'em :)
I decided not to vote for "Best Deck of all time" simply because I couldn't pick one. I have roughly 6 decks that I use and love equally :)

gregory

toddoc33 said:
I personally voted for the Steampunk Tarot as it has become a primary reading deck for me (for myself and others). 2 others that came to mind, but were not on the "What's New" list for 2010, are the "Victorian Trading Card Tarot" and "The Art Postcard Tarot" by Marcia McCord (I noticed her "Picture Postcard Tarot" was on there, though). I bought both of these & love 'em :)
I decided not to vote for "Best Deck of all time" simply because I couldn't pick one. I have roughly 6 decks that I use and love equally :)
It's NOT BEST, just favourite :(

toddoc33

Hi gregory :) You are correct; Steampunk is a personal favorite, which is quite different from "Best" of the year.....

Ya know, since I haven't even held 3/4th's of the decks on the list.... I doubt I'm qualified to vote for the "Best" of any of them.....

cardlady22

A thousand apologies, gregory! I get it now. Vote here for your favourite deck from any year. is the criteria we should have been judging by. So my vote was useless to the purpose. :(

gregory

Oh ignore me. It is just a thing that gets to me every year, this what the vote is FOR thing. WHY did I even post ! I am a bear with an angry frustrated head. I will go and enjoy my beer !

Seriously - my apologies for raising this issue again - I was a reformed character for a few years and kept my trap shut. I don't want to spoil this for others, so will pull it OFF my watched threads :D Peace and all that !

But Shadowscapes will win - I'd bet my overdraft on that !

jcwirish

Well, I just voted for Tarot of the Sidhe because it was technically published in 2010. I know the decks didn't get shipped till this last week, but it was already published right? Otherwise, I already screwed up, lol!