???

Am77

I am so lost.... what are the minor, major, court, aces.... and how do you separate them? and What is timing?!?!?!?

saw this in a relationship spread made by another member but I have no idea what or where or why or even how...LOL

Any help will be appreciated.

Tigerangel

Look through your tarot deck the Court cards are (King,Queen,Knight and Page) of all 4 suits (Swords,Wands,Cups and Pentacles) The Aces are the first cards in the minors then all other cards numbered 2 through to 10 are the rest of the minors, The Majors go from the Fool through to the World and their number association is 0 to 21. to separate them put them into four piles and I think you should leave the timing card as that is proberly just going to really confuse you just now.

Also if you haven't been able to grasp this part of tarot yet I would think studying the cards individually would be more help to you before you go ahead and do the soulmate spread your talking about.

Grizabella

If you're brand new to Tarot, learning the cards would be the first step for you, probably, if you want to get a really good reading for yourself. Reading for yourself is difficult even for experienced readers. :) There are many helpful posts here on this forum. Up in the top right corner of the page is a sword with the word "learn" under it. You can find some really helpful information if you click there.

HudsonGray

Once you break it all down into sections it makes more sense.

Try laying out all the majors in sequence and see if you can 'see' the Fool's Journey. He starts out clueless/new, learns something and thinks he's a hot shot (Magician), you've got mother and father, then teacher, it's expanding as he gets further away from being the innocent Fool.

Not all meanings are set in stone either.

tarotbear

You need to treat it like a second language. If you do not speak Spanish, you just don't turn on the TV and watch 'Univision' expecting to understand what anyone is saying...particularly if you are not used to the speed at which Spanish can be spoken.

Many people have picked up a deck and flipped through the cards and made connections on their own, but unless you can understand the 'common ground,' just looking at some pretty pictures and then trying to understand people going on about the 'Principle of the Third door behind the Fourth Degree of the Snufleupagus, the Golden Dawn or Elemental Dignaties will be sure to confuse you.