Sabian Symbols Study Group: Cancer 5- #95

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: CANCER
Degree: 5
Number: 95

Symbol: AT A RAILROAD CROSSING, AN AUTOMOBILE IS WRECKED BY A TRAIN.

MCsea

Wow - what a symbol,I dont have too much to say about this, it is a time when everything stops, we should look very carefully at what we are doing and why its not working for us, if this card comes up as an oracle, cause I feel in spiritual terms its never to late to STOP. This to me is a WARNING symbol - look out.

Key Word Dispersion

Healing Body Point Tenth to twelfth ribs

Element Steel

Well an interesting ditty here for this symbol, I know a family where they share this symbol - astrologocally, and of 4 generations 4 people have been killed in level train railway crossings, 3 in a car one walking (FYI not all at the same crossing, and none of these people lived near the railway they died at).

tink27

Ohh my! I can hear the screeching of tires, the thunderous force of Iron easily twisting Metal. This is definitely a Major Confrontation…..A Violent Social Restructuring…A collision of Different Worlds….oh the friction, the dismantling, the blasts of chaos and confusion. My logical mind cannot fathom or even explain what is happening….I can’t get a grip…it’s as if my physical vehicle has collided, disassembled, flipped, shifted…..my reality no longer feels solid…….

When we build or create things that need improving, energies will clash, shift and shake things up.

The train to me is a train of honoring and respecting traditional thoughts and behaviors arranged in line with our societies, religions and cultures. Our emotions too, are like a train and to get on one we need a ticket! This ticket physically represents a journey to a different place, a different location, a different experience. If you are on the train, have you put yourself behind others……..

When a train hits a car, it can and usually drags it several feet before coming to a complete stop. This dragging could be seen as us dragging our pasts with us…..an excuse to slow down and predict what might happen in our future. If we hold on to traditional values, we will get to our destination through traditional means.

But what if society (limitations) says one thing and your physical vehicle says another? Frustration and anger sets in! Some will slam on the brakes, disengage, abort their missions. But others will, and with fierce intent, accelerate with the intention of breaking down old ideas, structures and belief systems! And if their intention is for the good of the Whole…..boundaries will crash, blast and foundations will crumble! But if we do it only through selfish means, boundaries will clash but foundations will remain standing.

I looked up railway crossing accidents. It explains about our need to restructure and reorganize.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_River_Grove_level_crossing_accident

This incident in 1995, killed 7 students “proved to be a watershed moment in rail safety as legislation and reengineering of crossings across the state helped to prevent similar accidents from recurring.”

The crossing was renamed “Seven Angels’ Crossing in memory of the 7 students that died that day.

And this one…..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerogery_level_crossing_accident

serious five-fatality level crossing accident at Bells Road Gerogery, New South Wales, Australia, called into question the design of this level crossing. As a result, it has now been replaced by a bridge.
This one occurred in Chicago in November of 2005, the pictures are incredible!

http://kutv.com/topstories/topstories_story_327184720.html

A commuter train slammed into several vehicles caught in a traffic jam on a busy road Wednesday evening, starting a chain reaction that damaged more than a dozen cars and injured at least 16 people, authorities said.

I only chose a few of the many historical train crashes that through destruction, through the collaspe of a system created radical changes in our reality.

tink

purple_scorp

I pulled this card on 18/8/6 and couldn't work out whether I was the train (on the track - unable to maneuver) or the automobile with the free will that chose to place myself in the train's path.

I liked this quote: "Decisions are like switch points on a railroad track. They determine where you will end up in life." Elder Richard G Scott.

The message I got from Lyn Birkbeck's book was to keep focussed on what fate is trying to tell you and go with it, but my problem is, that I am too much like the train, picking up speed, to notice.

I have this urgency about my decisions at the moment.....I should take a look at my astrological chart to see why. I know the message is to slow down, and everytime I try to meditate, I just hear that train going over the tracks.....ch, ch.....ch, ch......ch, ch.

with love
purple_scorp

Elven

Lynda once told me the story of how Elsie Wheeler's (our extra-ordinary clairvoyant!!) uncle Frank was killed. He was hit by a tram. As I have certain symbols which represent Elsie to me, this is the one that represents Frank. I wonder if he had it in his Astrology chart somewhere?

OK - Im miss doom and gloom :p

This Symbol signifies to me, something deep and ominous. To me it reflects the 'consquences' of human determination that is on a course of destruction. There are times where we continue to head toward what we intuitively know we cannot see ahead, and there is a feeling of life picking up 'speed', we are carried along in the dance - like the 'Red Shoes', we long to put them on - but once we do, we cant take them off.

Ignorance, narcissim, false hope that the destination will be better than the journey. 'We're fine, we know whats happening, we know whats going on', we say ... but a niggling 'well I hope so' is whispering in the mind. The screaming 'stop! stop! is waved aside. Ever had this conversation with yourself? I have :bugeyed: Even with all good intentions.

It a time where signals are not heeded, red, amber and green, we proceed regardlessly, sometimes wrecklessly, towards our destiny.

We say we're on track, we're not aware that we will collide with someone else on thier path.

The collission will certainly have an 'impact', and make an 'imprint' an impression - possibly also on others - the consequences are far reaching, and the wreckage can be strewn far and wide, involing others who were in the vacinity.

Although the train is considered the collective or the bigger 'force' - sometimes I am/have been, the train, and sometimes I am aware of other 'trains' on their tracks - as I type this I can hear the trains going past outside my home.

Blessings
Elven x

tink27

Forgive me for being so bold....but I've had to be this train many times in my life, the cars obstacles that I've had to crash through to access my course.

Fierce and shifting intent...breaking an evolutionary genetic code.....a barrier between the physical and the spiritual! A radical realignment!

tink

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 247