2008 "Tarot Goodies to Go Through!"

Cerulean

...I'm almost committed to my Alchemical Tarot by way of convenient teleclasses and the debut of the inexpensive "new" Alchemical Renewed by around Valentines...

But I do plan to read through the delicious Navigators of the Mystic Sea in 2008...when I get a winter afternoon break...and a comforter and some tea and toast...or perhaps sink under TWO comforters with a Bohemian Gothic telling me chilly tales and a bruhahaha lurking from the shadows...I'm hoping to hear about it soon in 2008.

I've yet to come across THE tarot that will map out what is glimpsed in the mind's eye...I can almost say the Alchemical had come close at times. It was the one tarot that I could enjoy artwise and help me unwind during breaks on long weekend classes...I'd have to sit and unwind before a 50-mile trip home, to shake some of the sting after lecture and grumps from soreness and a crabby teacher when I was taking woodblock printing...the quality of the lines and the deck was more soothing than the class...that was back in the 1990s...and in 2008, I'm re-learning and reawakening to this deck.

It feels good to be able to talk about the Alchemical deck and know others will be able to enjoy it soon as well--at a reasonable price

Oh me, oh my....what's in your 2008 Tarot Goodies to Go Thru? Or the newest thrills tarotwise? I'd love to hear!

Cerulean

teomat

Cerulean said:
Oh me, oh my....what's in your 2008 Tarot Goodies to Go Thru? Or the newest thrills tarotwise? I'd love to hear!
I'm biting my nails in anticipation of getting the Deviant Moon tarot.
To me (based on the scans I've seen), it's the most exciting and original deck I've seen in a long time. Makes me turn my nose up at all the other decks on the market :D

Morgan of Avalon

I have sooo many old ones on my list that 2008 is going to be a cracker if I manage to get hold of all the money I need LOL

One I am entranced with at the moment and can't wait for production is
Azurylipfe's Mythic Dreams...soooo beautiful, I am besotted with it !

Roll on Llewellyn and print this deck quick smart !

sapienza

I have always hoped to get my hands on the Alchemical and so I'm absolutely thrilled to know that soon enough I'll be able to get the renewed version. I can't wait. I'm also looking forward to the Deviant Moon as well.

One thing I'm looking forward to this year though is spending some time with the decks I already have that I haven't used much yet. I just got the Celtic Wisdom for my birthday and I'm thrilled with it. The cards are absolutely gorgeous and I'm so looking forward to learning the Celtic myths and working with the deck. Other decks I've picked up but not really used yet are the Haindl, Legend Arthurian, Celestial and Tarot of the Saints. Hopefully I'll find time for them all at some stage this year.

Moonbow

My current studies, which will also take me into 2008 are the Noblet, I am studying this almost daily and have been since October.

Also I am doing the current 78 week study by drawing my own Marseilles cards, well copying several Marseilles decks. The idea here is not to make my own deck but to learn about the cards, notice the detail and meditate for a few minutes on them through drawing.

I am also using the Sheridan Douglas again for daily cards, I love this deck.

I think I have some decks gifted to me for Christmas so no doubt they will be squeezed in the schedule somehow, and Cerulean the Navigators of the Mystic Sea is one of my favourites so I may have to get that out again now, since you have mentioned it! If you post here about it I will join in, and drag rainwolf too :D

shadowdancer

I think the one I am intrigued to see in production is the Shadowscapes. It is such a long time coming though, and last check showed Stephanie still had 20 cards to complete.

Davina

firefrost

Well, I've just got the BG so a lot of my time will be taken up with this.

I'm also waiting for the Runic Tarot from the trade train and I'm looking forward to studying this one too.

Grizabella

I'm not clear on whether you mean decks coming out in 2008, or just what decks we already have that we're going to spend more time with in 2008.

If you mean the latter, I'm planning to spend time learning the Fairytale from Magic Realist. I got it in trade several months ago and just haven't had the time to spend getting acquainted with all the fairy tales in it. I hope to get a book of all the Grimm's fairy tales and another of all the Hans Christian Anderson fairy tales for starters as well as studying the book that came with the deck. That's my project for the New Year. It's a deck that will take some real in-depth study for me to get the hang of it so I can read with it. I had it once before but traded it away instead of taking the time to work with it. I traded for it again and this time, I'm going to actually stick to it till I "get it".

I'll also be spending time with my Witchy tarot because that one is different enough to take some getting used to.

For all my everyday readings, though, it's still my VR Gold. :)

HearthCricket

Solitaire....me too! I want to connect even more with the Fairytale, especially since my husband gifted me with the Pink Fairy book and the Blue Fairy book was already had, plus a bunch of others. It is going to be a fairy year!

I also will be spending loads of time with the Bohemian Gothic, when it arrives, my Greenwood and Celtic Wisdom, and several Celtic and Druid themed tarots/oracles. The Ship of Fools will also be getting some serious attention, and that will be the start of my 2008 journey. From there, who knows! So many paths to be explored!! I know come spring fairy decks and Nigel Jackson will once again be full focus. Toss in Gilded, Revelations and various other goodies along the way!

SolSionnach

Right now I'm thinking that it will be Greenwood, Maat, and Wheel of Change in the new year. They all have a similar pagan feel, with different emphases - Greenwood is shamanic, Maat is astological/goddess-y, Wheel of Change is multicultural and Wiccan. This Episcopagan is looking to define her path more definitely in the next year!