Satanic Deck

Gerbear

There is a Satanic Tarot in the database at Tarot Garden. It was published in 1991 by the Ordo Sinistra Vivendi. Since Sinistra means sinister, and the name is Satanic, I guess it predates this "first' deck by over a decade.

Ryan

OSV

Designer(s), Artist(s): Juha Vuorma, Faustus Scorpius
Country of Publication: New Zealand
Number of Cards: 22
Publication Year: 1991
Publication Status: Unknown
Reference: Manteia issue #9, p. 28

Description: 1991 tarot published and distributed by the Satanic order Ordo Sinistra Vivendi. Deck is patterned after the major arcana of a standard tarot, but with some modifications intended to express a satanistic view of the cards' underlying symbolism. For example, card IV, traditionally titled 'The Emperor,' has been renamed 'The Anti-Christ' in this deck. The cards are printed in blank ink on red 24-lb. cardstock; the accompanying book describes each card's divinitory interpretation, and contains information on satanic tarot reading and dark pathworking. 22 cards black, unmarked box with 17-page book.

1) dolphingirl - information on the extras with the LE deck are listed on the naos project site.

2) In many ways the OSV concept of taking a tarot archetype and twisting it askew to create a Sinister interpretation - is akin to the concept of ONA's tarot. However - difference in intepretation of what is Sinister and what is Heretical differ between the two groups.

3)tarot is as tarot does.

Ryan

Pay attention.

As you can see, OSV too, has only 22 cards. The Sinister Tarot is not exactly a 'divinatory' deck either - the 21 Major Arcana are intended to be meditated upon, an archetypal journey undertaken which each one, and a process of mastering each of the 21 'psychological' archetypes occurs, enabling the withdrawal of projections. However, personally I doubt the efficacy of 21 cards a suitable number for the purpose of doing 'readings' and thus created the rest of the deck - essentially, Faustius was the early predecessor of myself but his use of terms such as 'Antichrist' is indicative of an overall influence by Nazarene dictates of what is Satanic.

What makes the Naos Deck more Sinister - it is dual purpose for one thing, on one hand (the right) it enables one to do full readings with genuine satanic ephemera for the FIRST time in History- not a pseudo-satanic deck that panders to the Christian interpretations of Satan via 'evil' 'hell' etc - no, the Naos Deck understands Western Tradition and thus encompasses imagery of the Third Reich, for example - and on the other hand (the left) the Sinister Tarot enable one to bring out the latent potential in the psyche to become a God.

If anyone else has questions - email them to me directly.

Ra.

Aure

Re: OSV

Ryan A said:

Designer(s), Artist(s): Juha Vuorma, Faustus Scorpius
Country of Publication: New Zealand
Number of Cards: 22
Publication Year: 1991
Publication Status: Unknown
Reference: Manteia issue #9, p. 28

Hmm... Juha Vuorma sounds like a finnish name... But the country is New Zealand.. Weird!

Ryan

Naos Deck complete.

The Naos Deck is now complete. All 69 cards have been painted. The 50+ page accompaniment of Ona and Naos Deck Manuscripts including one rare and one New Ms, has been assembled. I expected to be finished painting the cards around April 20, but have finished well in advance. I will now concentrate all efforts on Printing and Packaging in order to complete the Naos Project on or thereabouts April 20.

I will be printing 18 of the Limited Edition 69 card decks with the addition of Ona and Naos Mss - and only when these decks have sold, will there be a 'standard' edition. I expect this will take a number of years.

I will not be posting any further comments here. Thank you for the interesting tarot details Hudson, they've been put to good use.

Ra.

lilwinky

I checked out the Greenwood!

WOW! But, that is a beautiful set from what I could see! No wonder you all paid the price! It is a really beautifully artistic tarot set! I love the bears, and the cards with skull and bones on them!
That set is awesome to me!

I still would like to be able to see the other....that Naos Sinister tarot deck! the page is taking forever to "boot up" for me to see it! maybe they have it online somewhere else! I'll have to search!....
I think that I have fallen also for the Fairy Ring is it Oracles or Tarot? I can't recall, and another one, that I think has a little hedghog on the card! Too adorable!!!

If you all have some more, I am still here, searching them out!

lilwinky,oh, and thanks!

Clau

I followed the link provided, and all I get is a drawing with a fox in it and maybe a Hermit?

This thread picked my curiosiy, ans I'd like to see the deck. Do any of you have a link so I can check out the cards of this "satanic" deck?

lilwinky

Hey thanks! that is all that I got when I .....

went to that site! ...Where are those mystery cards?

Hmmmmm?

Lilwinky

ShekinahMoon

Clau said:
I followed the link provided, and all I get is a drawing with a fox in it and maybe a Hermit?

Same here. I wanted to see what all the "hoopla" was about.

Umbrae

...looks like the site has been 'removed'.
To the best of my knowlege, 'The Naos Deck' was never been published.