Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 272 : October 15 - October 21

Scarlet Woodland

Yay! The lightbulb's suddenly gone on and I'm loving the Raven's Prophecy Tarot. Knew I'd have to be in the right mood for this one but now I'm in it, it's wonderful :) Definitely an Autumn/Winter deck.

VGimlet

I'm sorry to hear that you're finding the English Magic Tarot "meh," as I was very intrigued by it. Does any of the symbolism and the dive into the history of English magic help liven up the deck?

I thought it looked interesting as well, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. It's not quite "meh" but definitely leaning that way. The English magic aspect drew me in but the earth tones of the cards are not pleasing to my eye, and that might be what my issue is.

RiverRunsDeep

Thoroughly enjoying my Samhain Deck of the Bastard and Earthly Souls and Spirits oracle! :) I haven't been using the decks as a pair, though. Samhain DOB is a longtime favorite for readings, while I have been using Earthly Souls and Spirits for one-card daily draws and meditation. Loving the Halloween feel of both. :love:

ETA: Hey, AJ, I noticed in the oracle section that you had thought about purchasing the Earthly Souls and Spirits oracle. Did you buy it? Are you enjoying it, and all of those black cats? :)

csmith0406

ETA: Hey, AJ, I noticed in the oracle section that you had thought about purchasing the Earthly Souls and Spirits oracle. Did you buy it? Are you enjoying it, and all of those black cats? :)

I've been eyeing that one (Earthly Souls) myself, would love to hear what you think AJ.

I'm really enjoying my Jolanda deck this week, more than I thought I would actually. I was worried it was more an art deck, and not good for readings. I'm still thinking that way, but it is much better for readings than I thought it would be. Some of the cards are really wonderful, like the aces, and the Queen of Wands.

CharlotteK

I've not really know what to make of the Secret Tarot this week, it's different, and odd, so I interviewed the deck. The results were surprising, but did make sense given my experience with it this week and the kind of questions I've been asking. This deck is probably going to be infrequently used, and certainly not for any kind of reflective work, but will see if it has a place yet.

Q: What kind of deck are you?
A: Powerful and honest, but with a tendency towards sadness and negativity.

Q: How can you help me?
A: By reminding you to take notice of the simple, straightforward things in life.

Q: How do you like to be read?
A: As a positive infuence that can show you how to solve your problems through action.

Q:How do i get the best out of you?
A: Don't use me too much or too often, or be wasteful with what I show you.

Q: How will you treat me?
A: I'll show you things you're not expecting but I won't show you things you don't deserve to see.

Q: What is your strength?
A: Showing you what you've earned the right to see and what your karma will bring you.

Q: What is your weakness?
A: I can be thoughtless and blunt and don't have a very well developed conscience.

Q:What do you like to be asked about?
A: Work related issues, practical relationship matters, technical questions.

Q: What do you dislike being asked about?
A: Anything deeply spiritual, mystical or inwardly reflective.

Q: What kind or relationship will we have?
A: A grown-up and mature one.