Tarot Journaling

JustJazzie

Cherrs to hoping I picked the right forum for this!

I've tried keeping a physical tarot journal in the past. Mostly in a 3 ring binder with loose leaf paper, and then tabs to organize it all. Unfortunately. I would often forget to file the pages away and I lost many spreads that way. And honestly, after logging a 10+ card spread, my writing gets pretty illegible.

I finally found a method that I LOVE and thought I would share. But I am also curious to hear other methods of tarot journaling, as I am always looking to tweak things for the better!

So, right now I have scanned all the cards from the 3 decks I own into the computer and keep the cards in separate files.

Then I downloaded Microsoft's one note (its a free program) and I started a notebook in there that I call "all things tarot." Inside, I have tabs for my personal readings, spreads that I am working on or want to file away, pages for my thoughts on each individual tarot cards, tarot exercises, and then a "reading for others" tab.

Being a visual person- I love that I can actually create a table for the spreads and insert photos of the cards from whichever deck that I used, either just as, or very close to the layout they are in on my mat. Then I can keep my journal either inside a table, and or/ an over all reading right beside it.
I love that it's available on my phone and computer, and backed up in the cloud.
The downside is that it's technology so if the apocalypse ever happens I'll loose everything. I could print the pages- but that's a LOT of ink since I've added photos.

I would love to hear how you keep your tarot journal. Do you keep one for all readings, including those you do for others? Or do you only keep one for personal readings? Visa Versa? What have you felt helpful to include as you look back?

Thanks so much!

mercuryempress

Hi I keep one leather bound journal for everything...I made copies of the pictorial Rider Waite images and I paste the pics on to the pages when I pull a card for the day. I also have those plastic color coded tape where I can add a tab to the page for spreads or anything important I might need to go back to. I think there are also free tarot printables on the site when I run out of the rider Waite pics I will use those

I also have a separate birthday journal I just created this year. Mary Greer has a lot of info on her tarot for yourself as far as what cards you should pay more attention to. I used one of my miss Cleo decks and stapled them in for visual.they are super cheap and come in handy for tarot projects. I will also use them for my yearly visual board.A lot of people don't care for her card associations but as a newbie it helps to at least get some of the cards down packed.
I'll also do my yearly bday spreads and keep them in that specific journal. I've added a pic of my bday journal

JustJazzie

Hi I keep one leather bound journal for everything...I made copies of the pictorial Rider Waite images and I paste the pics on to the pages when I pull a card for the day. I also have those plastic color coded tape where I can add a tab to the page for spreads or anything important I might need to go back to. I think there are also free tarot printables on the site when I run out of the rider Waite pics I will use those

I also have a separate birthday journal I just created this year. Mary Greer has a lot of info on her tarot for yourself as far as what cards you should pay more attention to. I used one of my miss Cleo decks and stapled them in for visual.they are super cheap and come in handy for tarot projects. I will also use them for my yearly visual board.A lot of people don't care for her card associations but as a newbie it helps to at least get some of the cards down packed.
I'll also do my yearly bday spreads and keep them in that specific journal. I've added a pic of my bday journal

That's BEAUTIFUL!!! I can feel the love you put into it. Beautiful handwriting by the way! I am actually working through Greer's Tarot for yourself book as we speak! I am about halfway done the first read through.

mercuryempress

It's great to have stuff stored on a cloud as well...

Nemia

I use Evernote and it's getting more and more elaborate by now :))

I have loads of information from books, the Internet and my personal stuff in there, all nicely tagged and organized.

Evernote is really great for this kind of thing. I keep information about my books, about astrology and alchemy and religions and everything else there, and I can easily retrieve it all, wherever I am, at home or on the phone. If I see something that reminds me of a tarot card, all I have to do is take a picture and store it alongside the information about this card.

Over time, it's become Mnemosyne's grotto (did she have a grotto? she should!).

mercuryempress

I have loads of information from books, the Internet and my personal stuff in there, all nicely tagged and organized.

Evernote is really great for this kind of thing. I keep information about my books, about astrology and alchemy and religions and everything else there, and I can easily retrieve it all, wherever I am, at home or on the phone. If I see something that reminds me of a tarot card, all I have to do is take a picture and store it alongside the information about this card.

Oh wow that looks great maybe I should start to use my evernote as well...thanks for that visual ..maybe I'll start taking pics of my weekly spreads as and keep them in evernote..cool

JustJazzie

Looks like evernote is very similar to one note!!
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8274/30049327301_58f967bdfe_c.jpg

JustJazzie

I love how everything is in tabs

Its really been fantastic for me. It really helped me organize my life. You also have different "notebooks" (notebooks being groups of tabs"

So I have a journal notebook with tabs for personal, astrology, friends, funny things my kids say. etc.

I have a book of shadows notebook with spell work, Spell casting information/ ideas, herbs and crystals etc....

But on topic. Tarot journal: unlimited colorful tabs ( I LOVE color!!) Unlimited pages. Auto backed up. and easy table making. You can also password protect specific notebooks or tabs.

The only thing I worry about is loosing everything in the apocalypse. But really, I could just as hypothetically loose a physical journal in a natural disaster. So I suppose its a wash?

cybercat

I have Evernote but have only used it for things I needed to get at the store. Will have to look more into it. But I have Fools Dog Tarot app that has a journal. My certification course also has saveable journal. Lots a nice options these days.