Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 271 : October 8 - October 14

Green Faerie

Thank you for the new thread, VG! Victorian Fairy Tarot this week for me, please. :)

AJ

I'm in this week with the 1928 Tarocco Piemontese, a gift from Debra.
Loving it, and have been rereading Jean-Michel David's course he offered some years ago, am falling in love with Tdm's all over again :) Life is good.

DaughterOfDanu

I'm getting into spreads a lot lately. I've set up a few spreads that I want to use with each deck that I choose each week. A check up spread to reacquaint myself with the deck, a short look into the week ahead, and a spread to a personal deity. I'm hoping it will give me more to do with my DotW since quite often I don't have a specific reason to do a reading for myself.

Anyone have spreads they like to use with each deck of the week? What do you all do to ensure you actually work with the deck you've chosen for the week? Because sometimes the week just flies by and I barely touch mine :p

VGimlet

Anyone have spreads they like to use with each deck of the week? What do you all do to ensure you actually work with the deck you've chosen for the week? Because sometimes the week just flies by and I barely touch mine :p

It can happen to us all - big plans to work with a deck that don't happen. :p

I try to avoid that by just doing a small 3 card spread in the morning. I have a little notebook 4 3/4"x3", that opens from the top like a mini steno notebook. I have written down a bunch of 3 card spreads, with a few random two and four card spreads. I randomly flip it open and pick one for the day, to make sure I'm not using the same spread all the time. Sometimes I don't use the first one I see (I have some specifically for work) but will pick one on those two pages.

If I have a more specific question I might do something in the evening, if I have time, but I hardly ever feel like it after work. :p

RiverRunsDeep

I'm getting into spreads a lot lately. I've set up a few spreads that I want to use with each deck that I choose each week. A check up spread to reacquaint myself with the deck, a short look into the week ahead, and a spread to a personal deity. I'm hoping it will give me more to do with my DotW since quite often I don't have a specific reason to do a reading for myself.

Interesting question. I like your idea of having a few go-to spreads to use each week.

At the beginning of the week, I usually put my chosen deck in order, go through the cards one by one, and at least skim through the LWB or guidebook.

If I haven't had time to work with spreads, I will have a "conversation" with the deck, where I shuffle, ask a random question, and pull one card. Then shuffle again, ask another random question, and pull one card, and keep repeating this for a series of questions. I have found it to be a helpful way of getting to know a deck quickly, becoming familiar with the way it will answer different questions, and discovering what the possible strengths and weaknesses of the deck are for me.