Confused readings!

Sazzle

Hi guys :) so I'm having difficulty with my readings. (Newbie)
I understand it's a big no no to read on the same questions more than once since it muddies it up. Especially when you end up getting different answers.
But what if youre asking the cards differen questions and your cards just don't answer your question....
Does anyone else have an issue with coming love spreads. Where it won't talk about new love it will just repeat your previous experience?
Or even just doing a general spread or asking for advice and it just won't answer :/

Example: I was dating a guy for a month. That ended. Ok that's life. So I asked about coming love and it STILL points to him (yet showing no reunion). So what is my cards trying to tell me...
I'll also ask for advice on how to find a job, find love etc but still they more tell me about my situation now as apposed to future and any advice.

I'd love to hear from you guys to determine what I'm doing wrong here! :)

SunChariot

Hi guys :) so I'm having difficulty with my readings. (Newbie)
I understand it's a big no no to read on the same questions more than once since it muddies it up. Especially when you end up getting different answers.
But what if youre asking the cards differen questions and your cards just don't answer your question....
Does anyone else have an issue with coming love spreads. Where it won't talk about new love it will just repeat your previous experience?
Or even just doing a general spread or asking for advice and it just won't answer :/

Example: I was dating a guy for a month. That ended. Ok that's life. So I asked about coming love and it STILL points to him (yet showing no reunion). So what is my cards trying to tell me...
I'll also ask for advice on how to find a job, find love etc but still they more tell me about my situation now as apposed to future and any advice.

I'd love to hear from you guys to determine what I'm doing wrong here! :)

Hi,

There are a number of different issues you brought up. Will try to give my opinions on each.

I would not say it's wrong per se to read on the same question twice. Just not too often. IF enough time has passed when things might have changed, or events surrounding the question may have changed you should be able to ask again. I would say not more than once a month. Or is something drastic has changed in the situation that could be expected to alter the answer.

IF you did ask the same question twice and got different answer, one of two things may have happened. Either the cards refused to answer the second time, knowing that you already KNOW the answer. They will do that at times. OR the answer changed. Since you can't be sure which, better to trust the first answer (especially if the second answer made no sense at all). As asking again just muddied the water and confused things.

If you are asking different questions and "the cards won't answer what you ask", again one of two things once again. Maybe you are not meant to know the answer to what you asked. Sometimes we are not meant to know. If we are not, then the cards will not tell us. Sometimes in life there is an important life lesson that we are meant to learn in working things out by ourselves. Giving us the answer robs us of the chance. When this is the case the cards will not tell us what we are not meant to know.

OR they may have answered you accurately but you may have misunderstood the intended answer. Happens sometimes, as none of us are perfect of course. Either way I would keep the reading and see if you see something different in it a few months later that you did not originally see.

When it comes to love spreads, it's notoriously hard to read for ourselves on the topic anyway I find. Of all the types of readings to read for ourselves on, I believe those are the hardest. Reading requires objectivity and pretty much just wanting to get to the truth of the matter with no prefered outcome in mind. Hard to do on romantic issues as we usually do have a preferred outcome in mind and want it badly.

If the cards are just talking about your previous experience and not the future, again one of 2 things as I see it (sorry this seems to be a theme developing here. LOL)

Either the cards did answer you accurately and the future will be a repeat of what has happened in the same past. Saying the future will follow the same pattern. The same things that have happened before will happen again.

OR there is something in your past experiences that you may really need to see, and heal, change...so that you can go on to achieve your best future. If you need to see something and act on it, the cards WILL tend to show it to you. Sometimes repeatedly if they feel you need.

Babs

rwcarter

It's possible that you're too close to the situations you're reading about to objectively interpret the cards you're receiving. Being able to objectively read for oneself is a skill, one that can take years to master. Not everyone can read for themselves.

Just because particular cards have come up in the past for a person or situation doesn't mean that every time those cards appear they're talking about the same situation or person. Think of it this way. If you read for Jill and get a particular card then you read for Bob and get the same card, that doesn't mean Jill is interjecting into Bob's reading. You almost have to forget about what cards you've received before when doing a new reading. If you log your readings, go back over them, forgetting that they've spoken about other people or situations in the past and try to interpret them concerning whatever situation you're currently reading about. Do they make more sense if you just focus on the current reading?

It's also possible that your questions are poorly phrased, leading to confusion with the cards you're receiving. As you mentioned advice about a job, if you're asking a question like "What advice can you give me about my job search or should I just stay where I'm at?" how do you know which question the cards are answering? When asking questions you have to be really careful about including the words "and" and "or" in them.

Rodney

Sazzle

Hi,

There are a number of different issues you brought up. Will try to give my opinions on each.

I would not say it's wrong per se to read on the same question twice. Just not too often. IF enough time has passed when things might have changed, or events surrounding the question may have changed you should be able to ask again. I would say not more than once a month. Or is something drastic has changed in the situation that could be expected to alter the answer.

IF you did ask the same question twice and got different answer, one of two things may have happened. Either the cards refused to answer the second time, knowing that you already KNOW the answer. They will do that at times. OR the answer changed. Since you can't be sure which, better to trust the first answer (especially if the second answer made no sense at all). As asking again just muddied the water and confused things.

If you are asking different questions and "the cards won't answer what you ask", again one of two things once again. Maybe you are not meant to know the answer to what you asked. Sometimes we are not meant to know. If we are not, then the cards will not tell us. Sometimes in life there is an important life lesson that we are meant to learn in working things out by ourselves. Giving us the answer robs us of the chance. When this is the case the cards will not tell us what we are not meant to know.

OR they may have answered you accurately but you may have misunderstood the intended answer. Happens sometimes, as none of us are perfect of course. Either way I would keep the reading and see if you see something different in it a few months later that you did not originally see.

When it comes to love spreads, it's notoriously hard to read for ourselves on the topic anyway I find. Of all the types of readings to read for ourselves on, I believe those are the hardest. Reading requires objectivity and pretty much just wanting to get to the truth of the matter with no prefered outcome in mind. Hard to do on romantic issues as we usually do have a preferred outcome in mind and want it badly.

If the cards are just talking about your previous experience and not the future, again one of 2 things as I see it (sorry this seems to be a theme developing here. LOL)

Either the cards did answer you accurately and the future will be a repeat of what has happened in the same past. Saying the future will follow the same pattern. The same things that have happened before will happen again.

OR there is something in your past experiences that you may really need to see, and heal, change...so that you can go on to achieve your best future. If you need to see something and act on it, the cards WILL tend to show it to you. Sometimes repeatedly if they feel you need.

Babs

Ahh thank you for the reply :)
Yes I see what you mean - sometimes if I read too much about a certain topic the cards eventually tell me me off and tell me to move on.
But then when I go to ask about a different question different topic this is where it stumps me because they make NO sense and repeat the topic they were getting annoyed about lol

Although I see what you mean - maybe they are trying to tell me something else??
I need far more practice obviously :p

Sazzle

It's possible that you're too close to the situations you're reading about to objectively interpret the cards you're receiving. Being able to objectively read for oneself is a skill, one that can take years to master. Not everyone can read for themselves.

Just because particular cards have come up in the past for a person or situation doesn't mean that every time those cards appear they're talking about the same situation or person. Think of it this way. If you read for Jill and get a particular card then you read for Bob and get the same card, that doesn't mean Jill is interjecting into Bob's reading. You almost have to forget about what cards you've received before when doing a new reading. If you log your readings, go back over them, forgetting that they've spoken about other people or situations in the past and try to interpret them concerning whatever situation you're currently reading about. Do they make more sense if you just focus on the current reading?

It's also possible that your questions are poorly phrased, leading to confusion with the cards you're receiving. As you mentioned advice about a job, if you're asking a question like "What advice can you give me about my job search or should I just stay where I'm at?" how do you know which question the cards are answering? When asking questions you have to be really careful about including the words "and" and "or" in them.

Rodney

Hello
Rodney

Thanks for the reply :)

I see what you mean- in love readings (where I'm super interested in someone) they are difficult yes. Because lord knows we all want a specific outcome lol
I don't tend to ask and or questions - just what will be the outcome. Or what will happen. Or please give me advice on X subject, will this happen etc. Things like that. As I know I won't be able to gain all the information from several things at once.
But such as my previous reply, sometimes My cards really really don't answer my question at all. I may do several readings on one subject, different questions. Then my cards will start to get annoyed and tell me to just get over it and stop.
Then I'll ask about something either completely different. Or a general spread. And it will repeat the same story as before!
Example: I'll ask about a certain guy, cards will get annoyed eventually (understandable). Then I'll go on to ask about my love life in general in the coming months. They'll just repeat history with previous guy saying heart break as outcome. When I know this because obviously we're not together lol
So then I'll try to ask some advise on how to get a job - they won't answer again and the cards make little sense :/

Even if I try the next day it's the same story. I have to leave them for weeks until they calm down.

Obviously I'm an amateur but i really am trying to learn. It's just not helping so much when the cards don't want to play ball with :(

rwcarter

Example: I'll ask about a certain guy, cards will get annoyed eventually (understandable). Then I'll go on to ask about my love life in general in the coming months. They'll just repeat history with previous guy saying heart break as outcome. When I know this because obviously we're not together lol
Is it possible that the heartbreak that's being shown as outcome for your general love outlook is trying to tell you that future love isn't possible because you still haven't gotten over the heartbreak of your past love?

I don't know if you've posted any of your readings over in Your Readings, but if you haven't, I would suggest you do. We can talk generalities all day here in Talking Tarot and still not give you any real help. But if you post a reading over there, getting the help of disinterested third parties may help you to see where your blocks are and how to get over, around or through them.

Rodney

Grizabella

Ahh thank you for the reply :)
Yes I see what you mean - sometimes if I read too much about a certain topic the cards eventually tell me me off and tell me to move on.
But then when I go to ask about a different question different topic this is where it stumps me because they make NO sense and repeat the topic they were getting annoyed about lol

Although I see what you mean - maybe they are trying to tell me something else??
I need far more practice obviously :p

When I find this happening, I know it's time to restructure the deck and start over. I deal the cards out into four piles, then gather them all up and go from there. It's a fresh start that way and no danger I've not shuffled enough to randomize the cards. Then I know they're all totally mixed up well.

Sazzle

Is it possible that the heartbreak that's being shown as outcome for your general love outlook is trying to tell you that future love isn't possible because you still haven't gotten over the heartbreak of your past love?

I don't know if you've posted any of your readings over in Your Readings, but if you haven't, I would suggest you do. We can talk generalities all day here in Talking Tarot and still not give you any real help. But if you post a reading over there, getting the help of disinterested third parties may help you to see where your blocks are and how to get over, around or through them.

Rodney

Not at all because I've been single for 2 and half years and not really dated any one except 2 people, 1 month each time. I WAS dating a guy for a month but we stopped talking 2 weeks ago. So as far as heartbreak definitely no heart break, let alone in 3 months time as the tarots predicted. and I'm completely over my ex from years ago- in fact very happy we're not together haha.
I did post a reading actually that was very confusing for me - when I was asking about a coming love with the question will I ever find a Bf (more of an angry/frustration question on my part lol) . And I received the 3 cups. Then asked who this person will be, received the 9 cups. And did a spread using the 9 cups asking what will happen... Received the 3 cups as outcome again!
Then the more I thought about it since the reading, the cards were STILL pointing to the guy I dated for a month recently. But I know full fact he's not coming back. Both from my spreads and another readers.
So I'm at a loss really. If they're trying to tell me something then I'm clearly not picking it up. I did also do a spread asking why it's being like this. Total confusion I just didn't understand!

Sazzle

When I find this happening, I know it's time to restructure the deck and start over. I deal the cards out into four piles, then gather them all up and go from there. It's a fresh start that way and no danger I've not shuffled enough to randomize the cards. Then I know they're all totally mixed up well.

Ahhh thanks grizabella I'll have to try this :) here's to hoping!

knight_sephiroth

Just a little personal experience and insight here. I'm one of the few who does *not* believe it's a no-no to ask the same question, or to inquire into the same situation, multiple times without waiting months or weeks at a time.

I find Tarot to be an organic, always-changing and fluid process--just as our life circumstances and understandings are. Things can change hour to hour, day to day. Since Tarot reflects the way things are, the way things are likely headed in their current state, and the way things are in the moment, it can be very revealing and useful to read on the same questions and situations several times, or with slightly different angles so you understand the big picture.

I should clarify and say, if I sit down at noon and pull 50 cards in a row between noon and 1, asking "does he love me?" card. "Does he love me?" card. "How does he feel about me?" card. "Does he have loving feelings for me?" card. "Does he love me?" card. This is a muddy, chaotic mess.

If I want a clear picture of how he is feeling about me, whether he loves me, or how he thinks or considers me, I can ask during the course of that day a few re-phrased questions, to gain clarity. There is a point where it's ridiculous to ask the same exact question a hundred times in one day. But there's nothing wrong with asking a few ways, asking different decks, and asking a similar question the next day, or a few days later. Things change. Each deck has different ways of explaining--and actually, I nearly always find the answers are identical. Sometimes eerily so. LOL.

What I pay attention to, is whether I am listening to the answers, or continuing to pull to get the card I want. If you feel you're doing this, then it's time to stop. If you'd like to ask your oracle deck, your new tarot deck and your favorite deck whether he loves you, and you do it the same day, go for it. Make note of whether the cards are addressing the same answer, whether they're providing angled insight into the same question, or whether the cards themselves are saying, see? Here's the answer. It lies between these three angles. Now, look into something else for a while and return.

I've learned a great deal from Tarot by asking the same question. And I'm not alone.

This is why I find Tarot works best for situations or forecasts in the present moment, or immediate to near future. Trying to read too far in the future is unreliable, as too much is still in flux in the present.