Gifted deck, interesting past.

Bearhands

I appreciate each and every response! Thank you so much for your thoughts and input.
I just reset and reshuffled tonight, wrapped it back up and am feeling pretty good about it. I'm fairly sensitive to energies, TarotTreat hit the nail on the head. I just wanted to rid of any weirdness that lie within the deck, even if just placed there by mysterious stories by a magician.
The deck on its own is STUNNING and will post photos later.
I can't wait to use it!!!
đź”®

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Tanga

I was recently gifted a vintage 60s French deck from a magician friend. He said there's a whole strange back story from its previous owner, but he didn't want to impress me on the past of the deck, he wanted me to feel it out myself. I reset and shuffled the deck, wrapped it up and placed amethysts on top.
I'm just going to leave it like that for a bit then do it over again.
Any other way to cleanse a deck without stripping it?
Thanks!

How irritating that he decided to make a mystery meal out of it. Preying on the mind much?
Lol.
I'm not really sensitive to pre-owned things.
Usually I believe that just having them in my field and using them - eventually brings them round to servicing me.

If I did feel a deck was "weighty with it's past"... likely I'd shuffle it a few million times, then sit the deck on my windowsill in the moonlight... on-top of my brass Pentacle for a while.
And I might ring a tuning fork or bell over it - and even make up a cleansing chant for it.
I might use a Reiki cleansing symbol (that, come to think of it - I hardly ever use for anything - except just muse about).
:)

nisaba

I was recently gifted a vintage 60s French deck from a magician friend. He said there's a whole strange back story from its previous owner, but he didn't want to impress me on the past of the deck, he wanted me to feel it out myself. I reset and shuffled the deck, wrapped it up and placed amethysts on top.
I'm just going to leave it like that for a bit then do it over again.
Any other way to cleanse a deck without stripping it?

So ... I'm baffled. Do you want to keep past energies, or lose them? Cleansing the deck properly will get rid of all the past energies.

Some of us value them. Some of my *best* decks are battered, well-loved ones gifted to me or found in second-hand shops, reeking with Other People's Use. Why would I want to cleanse that off?

Bearhands

I love pasts!! But anything negative I don't want a part of. I love the feeling of used things, just not the feeling of said previous owners drama.

Michellehihi

I'm really curious as to which deck is this? What is the name of the deck? Any picture, or links to where we could see it?

VGimlet

The only reason I clean decks is if they smell funky. Like the Greanie Thoth I got that smelled as if it had been used in sex magic rituals. A lot. Or the cigarette or incense scented ones. Or the brand new too-strong ink or laminated smelling ones.

Most of the time a few days on the porch table April-October does the job; in the air but not the sun Once in awhile I've resorted to baking soda or clean cat litter in a plastic bag for a day or two.

I'm fine with other peoples energies on cards, but rarely sensitive to them. BUT whatever works for YOU is my motto.

Bearhands

I'm really curious as to which deck is this? What is the name of the deck? Any picture, or links to where we could see it?
32490653aa59817c5ffcdd7bd669f2c1.jpg

There's no names on it. Simply says Tarot Cards. The booklet that came with it says Tarok No. 1 JJ Swiss made cards.

Bearhands

32490653aa59817c5ffcdd7bd669f2c1.jpg

There's no names on it. Simply says Tarot Cards. The booklet that came with it says Tarok No. 1 JJ Swiss made cards.

I just looked up the numbers. It's a Swiss deck used mostly for the game of Tarot, unpopular for divination cards.

Original Destiny

Got me thinking is energy negative or positive? Isn't it neutral and its US that label it. Electricity is neither good or bad it's how we use it. So if you think the cards store energy won't it be neutral?
(It's early and my head hurts)

Thoughtful

That tarot deck is the 1JJ Swiss Tarot, l have it and it's a wonderful quirky little tarot that l adore, it also gives really good readings. Similar to a Marseille tarot.