Does Anyone Else Shuffle and Cut Like Me?

mollie600

I started my spiritual journey by using oracle cards and relying on intuition when it came to dealing the cards. I usually shuffle and deal each card seperately, even in a multiple card reading. I know I have reached the intended card by a tingly, shiver- like feeling when I touch it.

The closest method I have seen to this is the fan method, where you select the card by running your hand over it- mine differs in that I select as I shuffle through the cards and feel each card's energy in my hands.

Does anyone else shuffle, cut and deal like this?

SunChariot

I started my spiritual journey by using oracle cards and relying on intuition when it came to dealing the cards. I usually shuffle and deal each card seperately, even in a multiple card reading. I know I have reached the intended card by a tingly, shiver- like feeling when I touch it.

The closest method I have seen to this is the fan method, where you select the card by running your hand over it- mine differs in that I select as I shuffle through the cards and feel each card's energy in my hands.

Does anyone else shuffle, cut and deal like this?

I think I do lot what you do. I don't make piles...I tend to choose the card by their FEEL, very much what you said. From when I get that tingly shiver-like feelings when I touch it. I knew just what you said.

After shuffling, I tend to take the deck upright in my (left) hand as I close my eyes (both at the same time). Then I FEEL through the deck with my right hand until I find the card that FEELS like it is the right one (tingles in my hand).

Then I put that one down (face-down) on my bed, where I read, and keep going until all cards are pulled. I usually get a couple of jumpers in there too. I may have to peek to make sure I am laying them out in a row in the proper order, but the cards are still face down till I start to read. I never peak at the cards in my left hand until all the cards are pulled. Then I can put the rest of the deck down, as the other cards are not part of the reading.

Its works for me, and is almost instinct for me as I've been doing it so long. But like you said. I don't just let life decide by laying the cards out in piles in the right order. I tend to choose the ones that FEEL right, that tingle/stand out for my physically.

Babs

mollie600

I think I do lot what you do. I don't make piles...I tend to choose the card by their FEEL, very much what you said. From when I get that tingly shiver-like feelings when I touch it. I knew just what you said.

After shuffling, I tend to take the deck upright in my (left) hand as I close my eyes (both at the same time). Then I FEEL through the deck with my right hand until I find the card that FEELS like it is the right one (tingles in my hand).

Then I put that one down (face-down) on my bed, where I read, and keep going until all cards are pulled. I usually get a couple of jumpers in there too. I may have to peek to make sure I am laying them out in a row in the proper order, but the cards are still face down till I start to read. I never peak at the cards in my left hand until all the cards are pulled. Then I can put the rest of the deck down, as the other cards are not part of the reading.

Its works for me, and is almost instinct for me as I've been doing it so long. But like you said. I don't just let life decide by laying the cards out in piles in the right order. I tend to choose the ones that FEEL right, that tingle/stand out for my physically.

Babs

Thanks for your reply and satisfying my curiosity! It is so interesting to hear about the different ways people shuffle and very interesting to find out when someone might do it the same (unconventional) way.

Interestingly the difference is that I feel a shiver feeling around my shoulders and sometimes heart chakra and sometimes a tight pulling in my chest or abdominal region. Very interesting how it is different for all people :)

SunChariot

Thanks for your reply and satisfying my curiosity! It is so interesting to hear about the different ways people shuffle and very interesting to find out when someone might do it the same (unconventional) way.

Interestingly the difference is that I feel a shiver feeling around my shoulders and sometimes heart chakra and sometimes a tight pulling in my chest or abdominal region. Very interesting how it is different for all people :)

It is interesting, I agree. :grin: I think when I feel a "shiver" its not in the same place as you, but it looks like the theory is the same. Our intuitions find a way to tell us when we touch the right card(s).

I also get a feeling, that I have learnt to trust in over time, in my stomach. It happens if I start to veer off course in a reading. If I try to tell the querent something that is not meant to be the intended answer I tend to literally "feel in in my gut". I feel it in my stomach. And over the years I can recognize it quickly. When I sense it I know just what it means.

It means I need to stop, backtrack to the last place I was in the reading that I felt sure of, erase what came after, and then go out and take me a break. Then I come back when rested and finish up. Of course that is easy for me to do as I don't read in person. But just to say, I tend to feel that physically too. And for me that one is a stomach/gut feeling.

Babs

geoxena

I usually use the fan method you mentioned, although when I spread the cards, they're not always in a very fan-like arc, LOL. I try to spread them evenly and in a wide line, close my eyes, and pass my hand slowly above the cards. I don't feel tingling while doing this, though. What makes me pull a card is a "magnetic" sensation that sort of pulls at me. It's almost like an invisible speedbump that slows me down to notice it. If I stop there and move my hand back and forth over just that spot, it's a very palpable "tug" that helps me pinpoint where to pick up the card. If there're a lot of cards bunched up in that area, I don't worry too much about whether I am not picking the EXACT card that pulled my hand to a stop; I just figure my intuition is telling me it needs to come from somewhere in this spot and my unconscious will make the right choice. But, tbh, I don't take this sort of thing too seriously. Whatever cards I pick are the cards I need to pick, always.

mollie600

I usually use the fan method you mentioned, although when I spread the cards, they're not always in a very fan-like arc, LOL. I try to spread them evenly and in a wide line, close my eyes, and pass my hand slowly above the cards. I don't feel tingling while doing this, though. What makes me pull a card is a "magnetic" sensation that sort of pulls at me. It's almost like an invisible speedbump that slows me down to notice it. If I stop there and move my hand back and forth over just that spot, it's a very palpable "tug" that helps me pinpoint where to pick up the card. If there're a lot of cards bunched up in that area, I don't worry too much about whether I am not picking the EXACT card that pulled my hand to a stop; I just figure my intuition is telling me it needs to come from somewhere in this spot and my unconscious will make the right choice. But, tbh, I don't take this sort of thing too seriously. Whatever cards I pick are the cards I need to pick, always.

That's so interesting that you feel a "pull". Part of me wishes I could feel all of these things just once to see what it is like!

Tanga

Sometimes.

:)

Sometimes I choose wildly randomly.
Sometimes I choose according to "The Tingle" or when my finger feels "Sticky"
Sometimes I choose by die rolls and numbers.

Depends.

Achlys

I don't shuffle quite like that, no.
I do shuffle until I have a gut feeling that the cards are ready to be drawn and then draw them according to the spread.
I might try shuffling that way just to see the results.

mollie600

Sometimes.

:)

Sometimes I choose wildly randomly.
Sometimes I choose according to "The Tingle" or when my finger feels "Sticky"
Sometimes I choose by die rolls and numbers.

Depends.

I like how you use different methods based on how you feel. If you don't mind me asking, how do you use the die rolls and numbers to choose?

mollie600

I don't shuffle quite like that, no.
I do shuffle until I have a gut feeling that the cards are ready to be drawn and then draw them according to the spread.
I might try shuffling that way just to see the results.

That's very interesting... what does your gut feeling "feel" like? (I hope I am making sense)

I have tried cutting the deck and the fan method but neither of them work for me- the only way that has ever worked is the way I use... so interesting