Does Anyone Else Shuffle and Cut Like Me?

Glennmaicha

While I always shuffle nine times, I do share a similarity with you in that I cut the deck by running my middle finger and thumb along the card stack from the bottom to the top and stopping when I get "that feeling". Alternatively, I do this to cut the deck in three and re-stack the piles based on how strong "that feeling" is when I hold my hand over them.

It's always interesting to see how people shuffle. I used to shuffle until I felt like the deck was ready, but after a lot of second guessing I have chosen to stick to a set number (aside from a brief shuffle to clear the deck before asking a question).

mollie600

While I always shuffle nine times, I do share a similarity with you in that I cut the deck by running my middle finger and thumb along the card stack from the bottom to the top and stopping when I get "that feeling". Alternatively, I do this to cut the deck in three and re-stack the piles based on how strong "that feeling" is when I hold my hand over them.

It's always interesting to see how people shuffle. I used to shuffle until I felt like the deck was ready, but after a lot of second guessing I have chosen to stick to a set number (aside from a brief shuffle to clear the deck before asking a question).

I like your idea about shuffling a set number of times... I do second guess myself as well sometimes and that's an interesting solution!