"but you've already got a Tarot deck!"

Kreative-Dragon

nisaba said:
Welcome, welcome!

<laughter> I get it! And unlike other books, those ones have the same words in the same order! At least all my Tarot decks have radically different artwork!

Not exactly, there's different versions, different lines. The core of it's the same, like Tarot, but your feelings are different for every version.
For instance, KJV, pisses me off to no end what so ever, NIV is bearable, and NLV is alright.

I don't take the bible for face value though, something that has my poor pastor in tears sometimes.

KMilliron

Kreative-Dragon said:
Not exactly, there's different versions, different lines. The core of it's the same, like Tarot, but your feelings are different for every version.
For instance, KJV, pisses me off to no end what so ever, NIV is bearable, and NLV is alright.

I don't take the bible for face value though, something that has my poor pastor in tears sometimes.
Maybe a better anaolgy would be a Dean Koontz book. They're all amazing but they all seem to have the same story line going on underneath. :D

Kissa

my daughter once...

My oldest daughter must have been 5yo max when she tried to convince me to buy her a toy from the supermarket. I gently but firmly told her that I wasn't going to spend money on a toy since she already had so many at home.

Yep, you see it coming, don't you?

A couple of days later she saw me on the internet browsing my favourite purple pages and I explained that I loved this tarot deck very much, the images looked so nice and I was considering buying it.

"No you're not going to spend money on that since you already have so many cards at home."

PAFF! In your face, old mamma! :D I laughed a lot and told her she was completely right...

PS: my youngest is crazy about cards so she wouldn't mind me spending money on more decks ;)

KMilliron

Kissa said:
My oldest daughter must have been 5yo max when she tried to convince me to buy her a toy from the supermarket. I gently but firmly told her that I wasn't going to spend money on a toy since she already had so many at home.

Yep, you see it coming, don't you?

A couple of days later she saw me on the internet browsing my favourite purple pages and I explained that I loved this tarot deck very much, the images looked so nice and I was considering buying it.

"No you're not going to spend money on that since you already have so many cards at home."

PAFF! In your face, old mamma! :D I laughed a lot and told her she was completely right...

PS: my youngest is crazy about cards so she wouldn't mind me spending money on more decks ;)

My five year old brother LOVES my cards. He doesn't understand what I use them for but he likes making games out of them. His game includes him picking out a card with one guy on it, and this guy has to go fight bad guys (usually the gods in the major arcana) in order to save the world.
I don't think he'd mind me buying more, but so far his favorite (and mine) to play with is the necronomicon. Gilded doesn't have any monsters, and hello kitty isn't scary enough he says.

DaughterOfDanu

If I had a dime for every time someone asked me that. LOL
I'm sure my face goes through a range of expressions. First shock, then confusion, then slight irritation, then determination as I set out to explain to them why just ONE is never enough (Nor is 20 by my standards but hey! to each his own)

Middy1452

I have a modest collection of Tarot and Oracle decks but I guess I could still be called a bit of a collector :grin:

My husband is a western martial arts instructor and collects, um, weaponry - which is generally pretty expensive. So his view on my tarot/oracle obsession is that it's just the same as his collection - it's something you love, it makes you happy and if we're not going without food on the table etc then what's the problem!

My ex on the other hand...... well he just didn't get it. Part of the reason he's an ex :grin:

Middy

mza

Le Fanu said:
I remember when my limit was 50 (*wistful sigh*). I genuinely thought there were no more than 50 that I actually liked. Until I looked harder.

My partner is always supportive of my interest, even with all the new decks which keep arriving. I love the way he tells friends proudly at dinner parties "O he has one of the biggest tarot collections in the world".

I think he genuinely thinks I do! (even though Ive told him about gregory!)

And Mr Kaplan.
Just checked your tarot list (excuse moi for peeking), and i have to say
OMG!
How did you , why, when, where...<smh>
Now I have to see gregory's list then. Can't possibly have more decks you lol.

Le Fanu

mzansi-afrika said:
Just checked your tarot list (excuse moi for peeking), and i have to say
OMG!
How did you , why, when, where...<smh>
Now I have to see gregory's list then. Can't possibly have more decks you lol.
Oh gregory has loads more. A much more serious collection :)

collielin

I'm a hoarder too. I sew ALOT, and I have so much fabric I swear, I won't live long enough to use even half of it. It is almost embarrassing. almost. So, I secretly carry it into the house, or keep it waiting in my car until the coast is clear to bring it in.

But my tarot decks....... my family delights in my collection. We celebrate the Winter Solstice instead of Christmas, and I use that holiday to give everyone a reading. They can go to my tarot hutch and pick out whichever deck catches their eye. But I go in fits and starts...... I'll hit a dry spell for about 6 months, then I'll go on a buying spree. Right now I'm on a spree. Currently waiting for;

Tarot of the Spirit World
Spiritual Tarot
Anna K (2nd one as a back up)
Hudes (2nd one as a back up)
All Hallows
Revelations

Just received;
Marooon
Vision
Bright Idea

On pre-order;
Wildwood

One is never enough

Kreative-Dragon

I think I'm starting to understand a small aspect of it.

It's like a mini high :p
I'm waiting for my Quantum Tarot, and every day it's "dad is it here?"
It's a rush, getting the deck, waiting for it, and finally GETTING it.

And then another one catches your eyes, and we start all over again.