The Dark Angels Tarot

rwcarter

Le Fanu said:
I'm still open to persuasion (but rodney's comments haven't helped :D).
You want it because Lillie did such a fab job with the LWB! I'm sure you've bought decks for less reason than that! :D

Rodney

Aerin

Le Fanu said:
Haven't been able to see enough cards to convince me

That's why you need the deck. And yes the LWB.

I don't find it melodramatic. It's more understated than that for me. You will have to get it just to see what your opinion is.

Kimberlee

My man got this deck a few weeks back, and in his words, it's 'slick'. Meaning that it is both playful and sly with its readings. Many layers of possible meaning, and not always obvious or straightforward. One that's going to take some getting used to.

That said, he loves it! Fits his personality beautifully. ;)

As for my opinion, I've only looked at the cards. Some are difficult to tell which card they are by first glance. Once he mistook the Fool for Death! And the Queen of Swords baffles me in her odd blue outfit. *shrug*

Very beautiful, but not for everyone, would be my overall opinion so far.

~Kimberlee

Le Fanu

rwcarter said:
You want it because Lillie did such a fab job with the LWB! I'm sure you've bought decks for less reason than that!
Well I've never yet bought a deck because of the LWB but I am absolutely convinced that the LWB will be superb. Of that I have no doubt, but as it seems the triumph of this LWB is that the descriptions and meanings fit the cards perfectly, it would have to be a deck I would use.

I shalln't be so politically incorrect as to say I shall wait until complete scans go up somwhere but I am curious to see a few more cards. The few I have seen so far haven't really thrilled me to be honest. isn't it a bit too darkly/vampy/teen angst/pale & mysterious?

rwcarter

Le Fanu said:
... but I am curious to see a few more cards. The few I have seen so far haven't really thrilled me to be honest. isn't it a bit too darkly/vampy/teen angst/pale & mysterious?
You're on. Name 5 cards that you'd like to see and I'll scan and post them for you. Maybe even today if time allows.

Rodney

Le Fanu

rwcarter said:
You're on. Name 5 cards that you'd like to see and I'll scan and post them for you. Maybe even today if time allows.
Goodie! How sweet of you (methinks you're trying to enable, but I'll take you up on the offer anyway)

OK, the 4 deal-breaker cards that matter most in a deck for me;

The Moon
The Emperor
8 of Wands
King of Swords

And a card which you think is beautiful and think I should see!

rwcarter

Le Fanu said:
Goodie! How sweet of you (methinks you're trying to enable, but I'll take you up on the offer anyway)
"Me?" he said innocently batting his eyes. "Trying to enable? Never!" :D

Le Fanu said:
OK, the 4 deal-breaker cards that matter most in a deck for me;

The Moon
The Emperor
8 of Wands
King of Swords

And a card which you think is beautiful and think I should see!
I chose the Devil as the 5th card. While I do think it a beautiful card, it still reminds me of an overwrought 80's video. I can see her just standing there shaking her shoulders on the dance floor.

Rodney

Attachments

• AT-18-Moon.jpg
    AT-18-Moon.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 457
  • AT-04-Emperor.jpg
    AT-04-Emperor.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 324
  • AT-08.jpg
    AT-08.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 323
  • AT-King.jpg
    AT-King.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 323
  • AT-15-Devil.jpg
    AT-15-Devil.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 457

Le Fanu

Thank you so much for those rodney. I really appreciate it. I'm not really enabled to be honest. The deck is as I feared. I can hear 1980s power ballads when I look at these cards (is that Zippo lighters they're holding and swaying in the Moon card? }))

How odd; not much speed in the 8 of Wands. That must be the most stationary 8 of Wands ever!

I'm so glad you posted the Devil card. I can see why you like it. I think, to be honest, the Devil card was the best of the bunch. I don't really think it is a deck I warm too, but who knows... If I see it in a shop, maybe... I invariably weaken when faced with a deck I don't have a few inches away :D

rwcarter

Le Fanu said:
How odd; not much speed in the 8 of Wands. That must be the most stationary 8 of Wands ever!
You're quite welcome. You've got to remember though that this is a Lo Scarabeo deck, and the cards don't always mirror the RWS meanings. From the LWB:
Energy must be conserved, if all is wasted, all is lost.

Rodney

Queen of Disks

It arrived at my local Borders, and I didn't get it. I'm still not enabled. :( The cards I've seen online just aren't saying anything to me.