Which kind of gemstone/crystal should be used for cleansing/charging Tarot decks?

ZKEI

Since there are many kinds of gemstones and magical rocks, I'm wondering which type of rocks should I use for cleansing and charging my Tarot decks.

As I found in many websites, amethyst, amazonite, quartz and rose quartz are usually suggested.
But none of them explain why such stone type is chosen.

So, I would be grateful if you could please let me know;

- which kind of gemstones/crystals you use for charging/cleansing your card

- whether you use a specific type of stone for a specific deck or
use the same kind of stone for all of your decks

- why you select this one instead of others
(e.g. your Zodiac sign, its unique physical/magical properties, etc.)

- how you use it (e.g. just place the stone near the tarot case,
put the stone inside the tarot bag/case, etc.)

- with which size/shape of the stone

Thank you very much in advance :thumbsup: :)

nisaba

I like crystals very much, but I don't combine them with Tarot.

I prep a deck for a reading by shuffling briefly beforehand, and after the reading, I cleanse the deck by shuffling again. That's all they need.

I find crystals of many different kinds can very easily pick up a whole heap of bad energy - they need cleansing more than decks. To do that I like to leave them outside in the rain, and if I want a magnificent charge, I'll leave them outside in a thunderstorm.

Tiro DvD

ZKEI said:
But none of them explain why such stone [quartz] type is chosen.
Quartz is to occult as salt is to food. It just goes with everything.

how you use it (e.g. just place the stone near the tarot case,
Basic usage consists of exposing the crystal to your cards, and then exposing the rock to some natural element e.g. sunlight, moonlight, soil, running water, salt, salt water, grains, etc. Or vice versus depending on what are doing with what stone. What natural element used seems to be a personal choice.

The rock used depends on what you want to do and a simple crystal correspondence chart will suffice. You will have to pick the occult "school" for the chart, e.g. Wicca, Golden Dawn, Hoodoo, "new age", etc. Note that different charts will have different functions and a lot of cross overs too.

merissa_88

My sister uses clear quartz with chlorite

The chlorite looks like little green ferns inside the crystal. I think some of those crystals come from Brazil. It's really powerful, the best thing I've ever seen for doing that kind of work.

sagewriter

Not all my decks are in bags, but the ones that are have a small amethyst point and a small clear quartz point. Amethyst for protection and clear quartz to amplify the amethyst. I read about it years ago, probably on here!

Storm82

- which kind of gemstones/crystals you use for charging/cleansing your card
Rockcrystal (clear quartz)

- whether you use a specific type of stone for a specific deck or
use the same kind of stone for all of your decks

I have one specific stone for my favorite and anotehr specific for my reading decks

- why you select this one instead of others
(e.g. your Zodiac sign, its unique physical/magical properties, etc.)

Its like the "mother" of other stones. its powerful, cleaning, charging

- how you use it (e.g. just place the stone near the tarot case,

I have the stone in teh tarot bag

- with which size/shape of the stone

different for different decks.
i think they are calles "laserpointers" (of rock crystal) in english, those are powerful to have when you do a reading

Fairydust067

Rose Quartz with Froud Fairy Oracle

I use a rose quartz with my Fairies Oracle....I have yet to use my FO because when I look at the cards, I feel uneasy. It seems as if the rose quartz is softening them up for me. I'm not at the point of picking them up yet, but they are slowly growing on me.

Morgane_49

I actually use an amethyst cluster and a clear quartz cluster for cleansing my decks. They both fit very nicely on top of the cards - and I sit them on my windowsill in the moonlight for that extra charge!

I do quite a bit of tarot magic with candles and gemstones...I've been very satisfied with my results!

Fostha

I have a little rose-quartz buddha that sits directly on my deck,in their little bag,at all times,and that works for me,my cards have never let me down yet:)

missy

Clear quartz, amethyst, ocean jasper, chalcedony, chrysacolla, magnesite, Apache Tear

I have four amethyst DT (double-terminated) wands which I keep in a dresser drawer that contains most all of my tarot decks. :)

On my reading table, I keep a number of different crystals, including a crystal ball and four clear quartz double-terminated wands which point directly at the deck I am using at the moment. Behind those wands are circles of crystals, including:

Apache Tears (a bunch in a pile on either end of my table)
Snowflake Obsidian (5 in a circle, with a quartz in the center)
Chalcedony (5 in a circle, with a quartz in the center)
Banded Amethyst (5 in a circle, with a quartz in the center)
Ocean Jasper (5 in a circle, with a quartz in the center)
Three Lapis Lazuli, one Chrysacolla and two magnesite tumblestones in a circle with a quartz in the center

I am drawn to certain crystals like I am drawn to certain tarot card decks. Most have properties such as repelling negative energy and emotions, increasing our psychic and our telepathic abilities, and healing powers. Apache Tears are used to stimulate sponteneity, analytical capabilities and precision and, like other stones I have, act as a protective amulet against negative energy.

I really love my crystals and my crystal ball. I don't use my crystal ball to literally look into the future by gazing into it, at least not at this point in my journey, but I do use it for its positive energy surrounding my readings and it seems to bond with me on a psychic level and connect me with my readings. It brings a good energy with it. Since I believe the cards are predictive, even though I may not always understand their message, the crystal ball does aid in good energy vibes surrounding that process.