78 Weeks of Study: General Discussion

gregory

Post them. It helps and you can look at what others posted - a lot of it is WELL worth reading.

I would say I would join you but I've completed it twice, and I REALLY think that's enough. The first time I was alone from about 12 cards in; last time not SO alone.... But it is worth slogging on. And JD is still there occasionally - PM her and jog her memory ?

Naz.J.

Thanks Gregory for the reply,

Yes, I read through every 78 Weeks thread on the relevant card and they are IMMENSELY helpful...it really helps having so much perspective on the card of the week, even though they may be from different decks.

I think you should try it a THIRD time :p If you ever decide to start anytime soon I'm here lol

conversus

Please post your 78 Weeks reflections. New perspectives are ALWAYS useful, and you never know it might kick start a whole new spot of interest ...

CED

LunaLucifera

Renewing this Study?

Hello, all!

New to the forum that I am, I stumbled upon this thread, and thought it was a wonderful way to dive into studying the tarot, and really getting to know the cards well!

However, these 78 weeks of meditation have, of course, ended years ago. Thus, I was wondering if anyone out there would like to start the practice up again? It wouldn't necessarily need to end in time for any particular event (unless folks want it to). It could simply be that we all determine an agreed upon start date and end date, and proceed from there, with the rest of the guidelines being exactly as they were before.

I'd love to hear from anyone interested in beginning this again! I think it could be a lot of fun, and I'd love to hear others' insights into the various cards as we dive into this together!

Naz.J.

I had just posted that I met a woman that spent 1 year with each of the Major Arcana cards... what a journey!

That sounds amazing!

1 year with each of the 78 cards...so how old is she now?

I could imagine that was a magnificent journey, picking up new and hidden gems on the cards themselves...however there are some cards I wouldn't want to spend even a minute with - 3 of Swords, The Devil, The Hanged Man, The Tower, The Moon, 10 of Swords, 5 of Cups, etc. being among them. I say that because I notice synchronicities in my life depending on which card I'm focusing on for the week...

gregory

I'd love to hear from anyone interested in beginning this again! I think it could be a lot of fun, and I'd love to hear others' insights into the various cards as we dive into this together!
ANYONE can start up at any time. It is a bit lonely doing it alone, but it's well worth it. And you NEED to spend time with every card, naz. It's all part of the deal, of this study. How else will you learn the depths of each ? But when you are doing it "just" for study and not to read, it isn't painful.

gusbernardes21

Well what you think start by magician card?

Enviado de meu ASUS_X00ADA usando Tapatalk

coyoteblack

The last time I did this we had about 3 of us and we all just agreed what order we go in. Just a warning it gets pretty hard after a while. We all had to motivate one another.

gregory

Both times I did it we followed the order in jmd's list. It meant that if someone slipped away for a bit we didn't all get wildly out of synch in the end. It DOES help to have a cheering squad, though, it really does.