What exactly is 2/Pentacles trying to say?

Miradeck

I'm trying to figure out the message coming out of 2/Pentacles in a 6-card relationship spread ie party A asking about B's intentions and feelings.

Is the card trying to explain to the querent that balance is required between priorities and that multitasking should be cut down? Or that other priorities are being neglected and should be looked into before they are gone?

What other messages does this card carry in a relationship query? Appreciate all your contributions.

Thirteen

What other messages does this card carry in a relationship query?
I think you're giving the card too much credit with the line "cutting down multitasking." That suggests they're trying to be responsible and the 2/Pents is much more...irresponsible. Pents being the more solid and serious of the suits, anyone trying to keep pents up in the air isn't taking things as seriously as they should.

So, I'd re-word what you said to be that "B" intends (and feels) like they can have their cake and eat it, too. Do it all. They can juggle this relationship and maybe another. Or, at the very least, continue to live the live they were living when single (with their friends), and still maintain this relationship. They don't have to choose or give up anything.

Miradeck

So, I'd re-word what you said to be that "B" intends (and feels) like they can have their cake and eat it, too. Do it all. They can juggle this relationship and maybe another. Or, at the very least, continue to live the live they were living when single (with their friends), and still maintain this relationship. They don't have to choose or give up anything.

Ahhh... I see. I get the light of this explanation. So in this context, it points to non-commitment, non-monogamous style type of relationship.
Thanks Thirteen, always very enlightening to read your replies.

Grizabella

My first thought is that with this person, it would be all shifting sands, never a sure and positive, stable relationship. One minute hot, the other minute cold, and never a really a solid and secure state of affairs between them.

equeue

I'm trying to figure out the message coming out of 2/Pentacles in a 6-card relationship spread ie party A asking about B's intentions and feelings.

Is the card trying to explain to the querent that balance is required between priorities and that multitasking should be cut down? Or that other priorities are being neglected and should be looked into before they are gone?

What other messages does this card carry in a relationship query? Appreciate all your contributions.

Depending on surrounding cards, I would say making a decision or juggling between two things.

Miradeck

My first thought is that with this person, it would be all shifting sands, never a sure and positive, stable relationship. One minute hot, the other minute cold, and never a really a solid and secure state of affairs between them.

I think lack of stability and uncertainty seems to explain the card. Thanks Grizabella.

Miradeck

Depending on surrounding cards, I would say making a decision or juggling between two things.

Thanks Enqueue, I didn't think of that as making a decision but yes you could be right, another point to add on.

mary_leo

I got this card three times for a friend of mine, she is in love with a guy who is currently dating. Two times for intentions and one time for the outcome and it actually meant that he wanted to go out with them both.
Hope it helps
Mary