Laminating

hunter

Can anyone give me any tips on laminating?

Is the Zyron 900 the best machine? It looks like Joann Fabrics has it for $60.00. They have pretty good coupons so maybe the refills won't be horrendous.

For right now I just have a little nothing project to print out, but when researching my options I was surprised to see how easy it is to make something really nice. Making my own oracles might become a little hobby.

mary ventura

I have that model and I really like it. I've used it for photos, certificates, and I even laminated a complete set of tarot cards that I designed. If I remember correctly, I paid around $79 for it so $60 is a good price.

Mary V

Chronata

The Xtron is a really wonderful machine...and the cartridges that can make labels and magnets are pretty sweet too.

That is a super price, and I would definitely pick one up if I were you!

The lamination it uses is matte finish and soft and flexible...and is very easy to use.

If you have a Michaels near you, you can often get 40% off coupons that make the cartridges about 23 bucks.... and each one does last through quite a few projects.

On the other hand...you can usually find hot lamination machines on sale at office supply chains for even less...and the lamination pouches are usually pretty reasonable as well. Hot lamination will give you a glossy and plasticy feel to the cards, which can be nice, but they tend to fall apart faster than the Xyron cards (if you cut right to the edge, that is)