"Dark" RWS Clone - does anyone own this deck?

thorhammer

Ah well, waiting for my pay to come through made me miss out. Never mind. I shall console myself with another deck from somewhere :D

Maybe the Far Sight - kaching! LOL

\m/ Kat

la-luna

Le Fanu said:
Phew!

Got this; "Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Yes your payment went through A-OK."

So now I can just sit back and wait. I shall hear the verdict from U.S members who will receive theirs before it reaches Europe. But 90 orders over the weekend :bugeyed: How is that possible? With only 110 copies? I ordered one of each, as did many others.

actually that makes 90 orders for only 220 copies, and not all bought both decks, but some did and some (like me :D ) got 2 of each.......(i know i'm hopeless)

Le Fanu said:
Has AT ever known a swelling tsunamis of delirium in such a short space of time over a deck??

Regardless of the cardstock issue (still an uncertainty, though I stick to remembering the 600 years of playing card history pre-lamination. There was life before U.S Games lacquering!), I think this looks to be one of the most interesting decks of recent launches. When was this deck actually released? Did photokat discover it soon after publication or has it been languishing in his stockroom for a few years before being discovered?

I actually prefer the sepia one but I knew I couldn't live with myself if I loved it and didn't buy the lighter one...

according from what i gathered, they got the decks only recently (november if i'm not misstaken)

Le Fanu

la-luna said:
actually that makes 90 orders for only 220 copies, and not all bought both decks, but some did and some (like me :D ) got 2 of each
Even so, "Tarot decks are sold out". It's official. The site says so!

Blimey, that was fast!

starlightexp

I wonder if they will do some sort of other print run of them, or if one of the main publishers would pick them up. It's truly a remarkable feet.

I think they did with VERY good artwork and at the right price. Thinking of how many self published decks have similar size runs but run over twice the price, and this is a full deck not just a majors.It will be very interesting to see how the cards turned out in the end. We all can read the horrors of self publishing maybe these guys have figured out how to do it so that people can actually afford to buy it.

Hopefully the reviews for this deck will be it's own thread. I think in the decks should be hitting people about Friday. It should be a VERY interesting weekend.

Le Fanu

starlightexp said:
I wonder if they will do some sort of other print run of them, or if one of the main publishers would pick them up.
*fingers crossed it isn't U.S Games*

strings of life

Sold out already? Wow. Someone should show him the link to this thread nearing 4000 views.

I'm on my iPhone (it's a long commute to work), but can't wait to see the larger scans when I am at an actual computer.

Sulis

Well just to show that everyone hasn't been bowled over by this (and dare I say it? The hype in this thread).
The deck does nothing for me.

gregory

Sulis said:
Well just to show that everyone hasn't been bowled over by this (and dare I say it? The hype in this thread).
The deck does nothing for me.
HYPE ??? Sulis said HYPE ???

*faints*

Nina*

gregory said:
HYPE ??? Sulis said HYPE ???

*faints*
But we couldn't care less. We know a bloody good deck when we see it! :D

photokat

Le Fanu said:
But 90 orders over the weekend :bugeyed: How is that possible?

Scion placed an order yesterday, that's why ; )

Le Fanu said:
Did photokat discover it soon after publication or has it been languishing in his stockroom for a few years before being discovered?

We shall know soon!